FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But like I mentioned, there might be an app where you can check where the bus is and how long before it arrives at your stop. I use that app myself in my city. I can monitor where the bus is and when to expect it at my stop. It's not a schedule, but REAL TIME monitoring.

He could've been looking at a similar app for the bus.

Speculation. Who knows.

jmo

I think i found a Bus application that could do very similar to what you describe.

This website I think could have been used to see where busses are at any given time.

" When travelling to Old Seminole Heights use Moovit's Live Directions with Get Off Notifications to know exactly where and how far to walk, how long to wait for your line , and how many stops are left. Moovit will alert you when it’s time to get off — no need to constantly re-check whether yours is the next stop."

https://moovitapp.com/index/en-gb/p...sburg_FL-efsite_5314af4be4b0d805d372ccb1-1345

Qmfr:
"Peabo Johnson, an employee of the McDonald's, told NBC affiliate WFLA that he was working the grill station when a man walked into the restaurant carrying a book bag. He said that the man asked the manager to hold the bag for him while he went to cash a check but that he told her not to look inside it.

She looked anyway, Johnson said. That was when she found the gun and called police. When the man came back, officers converged to "swarm him, get him to the ground," Johnson said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/person-gun-questioned-connection-four-tampa-killings-n824721

Was he just about to strike again?

To everyone wondering "why" a perp would do this and what a motive could be. I am a retired corrections officer for the State of Florida with 15 years experience working in a "MAX" security prison. I lived 15 years with people like this, talked to them everyday and listened to their stories. In Florida, except for death row, the inmates are not in cells but in open dorms and are free to walk around, so officers talk and interact with the inmates a lot. In all my time and listening to countless stories, 1 fact remained clear to me. MOST of these perps do not think like you and me and we will never be able to understand their reasoning for committing crimes,hell some of them themselves don't know why they did what they did. Just thought I would share my experience.

bbm

Thank you so much for your insight and experience. I've always been curious about those who have a profession that brings them into contact with the "others" in society. I wonder if that day-in, day-out experience dealing with this population leads to fundamental changes (good or bad, of course) in the personalities of those who are (in so many words) "forced" to live in that environment for at least 40 hours per week.

The bolded portion above is, I think, the biggest roadblock when it comes to trying to make sense of ANY action, outside of the usual biological/neurological/chemical responses inherent in any living creature. I've come to wonder if a human's capacity to feel empathy might be in some way linked to their ability to use insight. Maybe being able to "step outside yourself" and analyze your own decisions, psyche, motivations, etc. etc. is tied to the ability to experience empathy.

I speculated athlete, sharp, fit, and some urban sense of style. I didn't have a hunch about where he lived, but I didn't think he was homeless or a drifter. I did not get a drug or street gangster vibe from him. I didn't discount the idea of a female perp, so I was wrong on that.

(I don't do FB for following cases, so I don't know what people were speculating there and we can't discuss that
here anyway.)

I don't know why he spiraled down. I have a vibe about how he reacted to the downward spiral (destroy others), but I don't know why he spiraled.

jmo

He was working at McDonald's when he should have had a good job. That could of been it for him, especially if he came from an upper middle class, upper class background.

Qmfr:

I thought that too. Maybe that Manager saved a life yesterday. He went to work with his loaded gun. Then again, he may not have wanted to gun in his house in case his parents found it. Why he wouldn't have left it in the car is a mystery too. Unless his Dad was coming to get the car later in the day while he was working at McDonalds.

Qmfr:

The horrible thought occurred to me that in his mind he was playing a kind of Russian Roulette, not just with his own life, but with others on that particular day.
Apparently the gun was loaded when it was recovered, also a LE in the restaurant doing paperwork..

When he handed the bag over was he giving that person and perhaps the other workers and customers a sort of chance to live or die?
Luck of the draw for him and everyone else?
Ie. if the person given the bag did not open it, upon his return, would he shoot right there and then, take off in the car and as previously suggested up thread, finish it all off with a blazing police chase ?
imo, speculation

bbm

Thank you so much for your insight and experience. I've always been curious about those who have a profession that brings them into contact with the "others" in society. I wonder if that day-in, day-out experience dealing with this population leads to fundamental changes (good or bad, of course) in the personalities of those who are (in so many words) "forced" to live in that environment for at least 40 hours per week.

The bolded portion above is, I think, the biggest roadblock when it comes to trying to make sense of ANY action, outside of the usual biological/neurological/chemical responses inherent in any living creature. I've come to wonder if a human's capacity to feel empathy might be in some way linked to their ability to use insight. Maybe being able to "step outside yourself" and analyze your own decisions, psyche, motivations, etc. etc. is tied to the ability to experience empathy.

Jumping off your post.

It is very interesting to me too.
I took a course which I think was Physch 101 which was a beginner physchology course and found it very interesting but something I would never want to do as a career so I never pursued it much.

I do find it very interesting though and as we learn more about this evil person we may find some answers that right now seem so far away.

I dont have the details either about the superhero posts because I think it was from some websites that were not part of TOS for WS so I think some of the information could not be shared here.

If anyone can elaborate about the superhero posts maybe some of it can be shared if it ties to the person who was arrested.

The superhero everybody was speculating about was nothing to do with this case and I hope a lot of people who so publicly hinted about him (I was able to find his Twitter account, so I’m sure others were too) and especially the person who tweeted him telling him to turn himself in are humbled by this and actually show something resembling shame for their wrong sleuthing.

Granted I got chills briefly when I realised this new suspect had an Instagram profile photo featuring Spider-Man but it’s a coincidence, just like the person that was so heavily suspected on here, being linked to three of the victims was. Sometimes coincidences happen. It doesn’t mean a spotlight should be shone on a young man in relation to four murders.

Anyway I’m so glad the police seem to have found their man. Brian Dugan deserves a lot of credit for his role in all of this. What an effort from him and law enforcement

So if his phone was geographically associated, and he bought the gun right before the murders at a shooting store in Tampa, how did thesee factors not put him on LE'a radar?

He could have purchased the gun in a remote area and the phone records where impossible to find because there were so many people in the area with cell phones including those on the nearby highway. Now that they know who it is, the Police Chief said they can more readily get phone records and check his location at the times of the murders.

Shell casings and cell phone data link the man police arrested Tuesday to four recent murders in Seminole Heights, an arrest report shows.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...uspect-in-Seminole-Heights-slayings_163105591

Snip
Investigators found SIG brand Smith & Wesson .40 caliber shell casings at all four of the locations where Monica Hoffa, Benjamin Mitchell, Anthony Naiboa and Ronald Felton were found shot to death between Oct. 9 and Nov. 14, the report states.

The casings found at the scene of Felton’s murder were not available for comparison but had previously been identified as being fired from the same gun of the first three murders. the report says.

Donaldson told police that he "was unfamiliar with the area identified as the Seminole Heights neighborhood, and he did not have any association with anyone in the area," Hill wrote.

The casings found at the scene of Felton’s murder were not available for comparison but had previously been identified as being fired from the same gun as the first three murders. the report says.

It was that gun, according to the report, that Howell gave in a McDonald’s food bag to a coworker at an Ybor City McDonald’s on Tuesday afternoon, saying he planned to leave the state. The coworker turned the gun over to a Tampa police officer who was in the restaurant doing paperwork at the time. The Glock had a loaded magazine containing five unfired rounds of .40 caliber ammunition, the report says.
After detectives read him his rights and confronted him with the evidence, Donaldson requested an attorney. He was being held without bail Wednesday in the Hillsborough County jail. Court officials said his first appearance in court would be Thursday.

Jail records list Donaldson as a crew chief at McDonald’s.

Dugan said he does not believe Donaldson is responsible for any other unsolved murders in Tampa. Detectives will contact police in other jurisdictions where Donaldson has lived to share information in case he could be responsible for other crimes elsewhere.

"As far as I know he has no criminal history," Dugan said.

From link in above quoted message.

I am surprised he wasn't on the police's radar considering he bought the specific type of weapon 2 days prior to the first killing locally. Wouldn't police interview gun shops? I think the perp was sloppy. He may have trusted his coworker more than we imagine. He may have felt uncomfortable about leaving the weapon in the car because guns are commonly stolen from vehicles. There were 5 bullets in the chamber....maybe he was planning another killing.

My thoughts as well.

I found a photo of his family including him from I believe his sister's fb page from a 2015 post. They look like a nice family and he certainly does not look like a serial killer. Of course I can't post that information link here.

To everyone wondering "why" a perp would do this and what a motive could be. I am a retired corrections officer for the State of Florida with 15 years experience working in a "MAX" security prison. I lived 15 years with people like this, talked to them everyday and listened to their stories. In Florida, except for death row, the inmates are not in cells but in open dorms and are free to walk around, so officers talk and interact with the inmates a lot. In all my time and listening to countless stories, 1 fact remained clear to me. MOST of these perps do not think like you and me and we will never be able to understand their reasoning for committing crimes,hell some of them themselves don't know why they did what they did. Just thought I would share my experience.

We always appreciate the insight. Thank you!

Like others, I thought it was someone who lived outside the area but worked/lived nearby. Some speculated he had a job nearby working a late shift that made it easy for him to go into the area late at night and not appear suspicious. Athletic, yep.

Yes, I had thought this as well, had actually mentioned fast food night shift as a possibility...

His family could have made him feel bad after losing a good job and told him to find any job including one at McDonald's. That could have set him off, trying to live up to an ideal. Not that I am laying blame, just a thought, MOO. I'll bet they never would have guessed that their son was a killer. Sad for everyone involved.

attachment.php

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...link-florida-serial-killing-article-1.3663666

He was arrested at least once during his NYC stint, but the 2014 case in Manhattan is sealed, a police source said.

How ironic there was a police officer doing paperwork in the restaurant at that time. The shooter was right there.

I'm still confused about his sealed case in Manhattan.

Can you imagine the talk at the beauty salon today?? (If it's even open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine