FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reveled in this happy news all night while sleeping. Even dreamed about it til the moment I woke up. Jumped up and came right here.

I agree it sounds like he wanted to get caught, maybe subconsciously...however he still hasn't admitted to the murders so I'm still not sure about this.

Now we need the NO AO shooter caught so their families can have justice and closure if there really is such a thing!

His fate was sealed yesterday, a police officer being at the right place at the right time, him handing over the bag to an employee and the off chance that someone snooped through his bag. How does that happen unless the Manager suspected him?

How ironic there was a police officer doing paperwork in the restaurant at that time. The shooter was right there.

I'm still confused about his sealed case in Manhattan.

Can you imagine the talk at the beauty salon today?? (If it's even open).

Yes, good luck about the LEO being right there. It's entirely possible that if the officer wasn't there, the McD's employees wouldn't have called 911. You never know.

Luck is good to have on your side!

jmo

The apprehension of the suspect went down smoothly and so glad about that. This could have gone so much worse since there was a loaded gun involved.

Whew. Thank goodness everyone involved with his apprehension did the right thing yesterday.

JMO
I agree.
Its the only thing that is making sense right now. I have a feeling he was wanting to get caught and was tired of the sick games he was playing. He was probably contemplating moving back to NYC and maybe he realized he would eventually get caught anyway so I think he was purposely doing things carelessly to get caught.

I think he may have befriended his manager and employees where he worked and wanted them to be the ones to maybe get the reward money.

Its the only thing that makes sense because he could have left the gun in his car.

I think he planned on taking the plane. He went to get the loan. He would not do that if he thought he was goong to get caught.

Giving them the back pack? I think he planned on shooting them

I think he planned on taking the plane. He went to get the loan. He would not do that if he thought he was goong to get caught.

Yea I have also wondered too if maybe when he was going to take back his gun that maybe he planned on open firing on everyone. That is a horrible possibility.

Those employees did the right thing and so glad they did. They may have saved their own lives or other lives.

"On Tuesday, police said he asked a coworker to hold onto his Glock while he went to cash a check. The coworker got police involved and it’s that gun, among other evidence, police say ties the 24-year-old to all four killings. He also told that coworker he planned to leave the state."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-about-Howell-Emanuel-Donaldson-III_163107154

However, I had the age range correct. I am shocked he's a college graduate with a potential of a promising career ahead of him. I assumed he was involved with a gang or wanted to be respected, to terrorize others.
I still think whomever he lives with doesn't pay attention to his coming and goings or are too busy to notice.
I'm shocked he seems to have a loving, supportive successful happy family.
So I'm leaning psychopath killer than just gang initiation now.

He is 24 years old and was gone several years to college. I doubt if his family had the need to think about his comings and goings.

I imagine one graduates at age 21 or so from college. What was he doing for those three years?

one of the news articles right after the arrest stated that there were two family homes and gave the locations. Said the one near seminole heights was boarded up.
Where did your information come from? Curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think he was just cashing a check, not getting a loan. And if he was getting a loan, it would be based on his paycheck....which isn't much from McD's (my guess....maybe he worked a lot). I'm not convinced about the intention to catch a plane, though I could be wrong.

jmopinion

He is 24 years old and was gone several years to college. I doubt if his family had the need to think about his comings and goings.

I imagine one graduates at age 21 or so from college. What was he doing for those three years?

Of course not because he is an adult, but with the shooter on the loose didn't they worry that he might become a victim? or start to put two and two together?
I'm thinking he might lived with a friend in SH.

Oh my gosh! It is so eerie seeing them pull the long hoodie out of the bag!!!

Oooh, you said it! If the person wearing that hoodie is "the guy," it seems he was very nonchalant about tossing that hoodie in the trunk (wasn't it?) or the seat or wherever of the car. Yes, it may not be the hoodie, but it surely looks like what we saw in that video, doesn't it? I would have put it in the first trash can/bin I saw, and hidden the gun instead of boldly walking into a public place and handing a hot weapon in a bag to someone behind the counter where anyone -- and possibly a camera -- could see me and what I was doing. I would look quite odd, IMO, for someone to do that. I hope this puts things very close to closing this part of the investigation. Fingers crossed.

I agree. the "menial" job at McD's may have triggered him, as the shootings started at the same time. Seems like a high pressure family and after graduating from college and playing B-ball in NYC, McD's would seem a step down and unacceptable if he is a narcissist or has some other disordered thinking. which he clearly does. the power gained from shooting people and inciting terror probably helped him manage the feelings of failure that he clearly has no other resources or capacities to manage.

His family could have made him feel bad after losing a good job and told him to find any job including one at McDonald's. That could have set him off, trying to live up to an ideal. Not that I am laying blame, just a thought, MOO. I'll bet they never would have guessed that their son was a killer. Sad for everyone involved.

Seminole Heights killings: Seven things you need to know about Howell Emanuel Donaldson III

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-about-Howell-Emanuel-Donaldson-III_163107154

Not sure I believe him when he says he wasn't familiar with Seminole Heights neighborhood. He and his family live in the Sulphur Springs neighborhood, next door to SH. They're only about 3 or 4 miles from each other. I read somewhere that his family owns a boarded up, vacant property in Seminole Hts. Will have to find the link.

Long time in college. 5. Donaldson attended St. Johns University in New York beginning the fall of 2011 and graduated in January of 2017, according to a school spokesman.

He was on the basketball team as a walk-on in 2011-12, but never played a game.

———————————————————————

He is not that tall for a basketball player. It appears 2012 was the last of his “career”.

Sure wonder what he was up to.
I bet there will be reporters who find people who know things esp about his conviction in NY

agreed. psychopaths do not have the skills to inhibit risk taking behaviors. that part of the brain is dysfunctional. they do not experience anxiety and fear. I am assuming he is a psychopath -on the spectrum -bc you would have to be to do this.

This perp likes to take risks. He likes being so sneaky that he can commit crimes and not get caught. I think he gave the bag to the co-worker because he enjoyed the risk of it.

I'm sure there are other similar stunts and crimes he pulled. jmo

jmopinion

McD worker received $9,000 thus far . . .

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/Now-that-police-have-a-suspect-in-Seminole-Heights-killings-will-anyone-get-the-110-000-reward-_163113857?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Now that police have a suspect in Seminole Heights killings, will anyone get the $110,000 reward?
Updated: November 29, 2017 at 02:54 PM
[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — Now that a McDonald’s coworker of the man charged with shooting four people in Seminole Heights has been credited with helping break the case, will she get the $110,000 reward money?
Authorities are still sorting that out, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan told reporters at a news conference Wednesday. But the McDonald’s worker has already received $9,000 of the reward after restaurant owner Richard Gonzmart stopped by the restaurant to hand her a personal check on Wednesday.
The woman, whose name has not been released, deserves the money he pledged for her role in leading police to 24-year-old Howell Donaldson III, Gonzmart said.

[/FONT]

I'm shocked he's NOT familiar with the neighborhood.
Why did LE think he didn't drive away? Why was that possibility immediately dismissed? How did they miss a bright RED Mustang?!!!

He likely parked the car many blocks away from the crime scenes if he was driving it that day. There's some speculation that he may not have had the car to drive every day and took the bus to work.

I think he was just cashing a check, not getting a loan. And if he was getting a loan, it would be based on his paycheck....which isn't much from McD's (my guess....maybe he worked a lot). I'm not convinced about the intention to catch a plane, though I could be wrong.

jmopinion

Isn’t there luggage in the car?

He can’t cash his check at McDonald’s?

McD worker received $9,000 thus far . . .
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/Now-that-police-have-a-suspect-in-Seminole-Heights-killings-will-anyone-get-the-110-000-reward-_163113857?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Now that police have a suspect in Seminole Heights killings, will anyone get the $110,000 reward?
Updated: November 29, 2017 at 02:54 PM
[FONT=&]TAMPA — Now that a McDonald’s coworker of the man charged with shooting four people in Seminole Heights has been credited with helping break the case, will she get the $110,000 reward money?
Authorities are still sorting that out, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan told reporters at a news conference Wednesday. But the McDonald’s worker has already received $9,000 of the reward after restaurant owner Richard Gonzmart stopped by the restaurant to hand her a personal check on Wednesday.
The woman, whose name has not been released, deserves the money he pledged for her role in leading police to 24-year-old Howell Donaldson III, Gonzmart said.

[/FONT]

She deserves it, IMO. She could have just as easily thought "I don't want to get involved" and stuck it away on a shelf until he returned for it. She chose to act on her gut instinct instead, took a risk. What if the policeman shrugged it off, then he found out she tried to turn him in when he got back? What if LE had questioned him and decided they didn't think he was the perp and returned the gun to him? Big risk on her part.

He likely parked the car many blocks away from the crime scenes if he was driving it that day. There's some speculation that he may not have had the car to drive every day and took the bus to work.

Was he angry at his dad for making him take public transportation?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth