FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed. psychopaths do not have the skills to inhibit risk taking behaviors. that part of the brain is dysfunctional. they do not experience anxiety and fear. I am assuming he is a psychopath -on the spectrum -bc you would have to be to do this.

Do you happen to know if a "lack of empathy" is independent to other mental disorders or is it commonly associated with someone who lets say is a true psychopath?

Not sure I am asking the question properly.
I guess what I am trying to find out is if it is common that a psychopath would commonly also lack empathy or is the lack of empathy an independent condition that can appear with or without other mental disorders?

there has been a lot of brain research on the anti-social personality type (psycho/sociopath). The prefrontal lobe is weakly developed and not well connected to the emotional center in the brain. Therefore, normal human emotions do not guide decisions, and decision making is disturbed. Lack of fear/anxiety, no impulse control or risk taking inhibition. What's amazing is that they are able to live and "act" like normal people for so much of the time. studies have shown that whether a psychopath becomes violent depends on prior exposure to violence in childhood. Many psychopaths (1 in 20 people) are almost never violent. They may be stock brokers or have jobs that allow them to succeed based on their lack of emotional capacity. Without these avenues to succeed, they can become triggered, depending on the level of narcissism and need for admiration. we all have family and/or colleagues who are on the psychopathy spectrum. Most of the time we don't realize it, but 4% of the population are psychopaths. Just make sure you don't marry on or have kids with one. Otherwise, except for the cruel boss or friends who just don't seem to really care, they are not violent and won't harm you.

Jumping off your post.

It is very interesting to me too.
I took a course which I think was Physch 101 which was a beginner physchology course and found it very interesting but something I would never want to do as a career so I never pursued it much.

I do find it very interesting though and as we learn more about this evil person we may find some answers that right now seem so far away.

The loan thing is really bizarre too. The place would likely only give him a loan for the amount equal to his next check which was probably not a whole lot considering where he worked.

If he was planning on purchasing a plane ticket then maybe that was his plan because I think certain destinations are not too expensive. Flying from Florida to Vegas or NYC may have fairly cheap one way fares.

It is so bizarre. Maybe he wasnt thinking rationally and maybe felt the walls closing in around him. I am sure someone will recommend a doctor to see if his mental state is normal or not.

Unless you are really lucky, purchasing a plane ticket the day of or very close to the day you are leaving is prohibitively expensive.

And if you have a ticket you purchased very close to the day of the flight, you get an extra security check. Of course, he may not know that.

lack of empathy is associated with many axis 2 disorders. personally, I think lack of empathy is a mis-interpreted characteristic. it's actually a lack of emotional capacity and emotional intelligence. entitlement and demand for privilege are also associated with the spectrum of psychopathy/axis 2 disorders.

Do you happen to know if a "lack of empathy" is independent to other mental disorders or is it commonly associated with someone who lets say is a true psychopath?

Not sure I am asking the question properly.
I guess what I am trying to find out is if it is common that a psychopath would commonly also lack empathy or is the lack of empathy an independent condition that can appear with or without other mental disorders?

Anyone following unsolved shootings in NY around St John's?
Could this be part of a bigger pattern?
Why did he leave college? What's the sealed court case about?

yes, and height is hard to measure unless there is something to compare it to. The witness may have been short so they could see all tall people at 6' or more.

Watch the video of him posted above - he's walking at the police station. He is lean with perfect posture - those are traits from the previous videos. I totally see the resemblance.

jmo

You can't cash a check at McDonalds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A worker cannot cash his check? Weird.

BTW, McDonalds is a company that pays a lot if you advance up the ladder there. Flipping burgers is not the only option.

I wondered if he did computer work for them, but I guess not.

I wonder why it took six years for him to go through college. If he got no scholarships, the collge bill must be huge.

Did he have big loans to pay back?

lack of empathy is associated with many axis 2 disorders. personally, I think lack of empathy is a mis-interpreted characteristic. it's actually a lack of emotional capacity and emotional intelligence. entitlement and demand for privilege are also associated with the spectrum of psychopathy/axis 2 disorders.

Thank you. Its really fascinating stuff to me to learn more about.

Its not surprising that so many of our cases here deal with perpetrators that end up being diagnosed with some sort of mental condition. Time will tell whether the arrested person in this case has any official diagnosed condition or not.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is appreciated.

The one thing that has taken me awhile to grasp with a lot of the evil cases like this one is a perp having lack of empathy.

People that have no empathy for others feelings is a hard thing for a lot of us to grasp. It has taken me awhile to realize that some people just dont "feel" for others. They dont care. They dont give a S about others so it allows them to do horrible and terrible things.

Once I began to realize what a lack of empathy really is then I began to understand how some of these killers do the horrific things they do.

Exactly---- We can't understand them as they think totally different than what the "normal" society does. Again, not all criminals are like that and most do feel some remorse for what they have done but some don't. I WAS suprised when I started my career that most of the inmates do admit what they did was wrong but most of the murderers rationlise their crimes away. I talked to a pretty notororious serial killer and he just said he enjoyed the "thrill" and had no remorse. Pretty chilling conversation and it scared the crap out of me when I realized people like this exist.

bbm

Thank you so much for your insight and experience. I've always been curious about those who have a profession that brings them into contact with the "others" in society. I wonder if that day-in, day-out experience dealing with this population leads to fundamental changes (good or bad, of course) in the personalities of those who are (in so many words) "forced" to live in that environment for at least 40 hours per week.

The bolded portion above is, I think, the biggest roadblock when it comes to trying to make sense of ANY action, outside of the usual biological/neurological/chemical responses inherent in any living creature. I've come to wonder if a human's capacity to feel empathy might be in some way linked to their ability to use insight. Maybe being able to "step outside yourself" and analyze your own decisions, psyche, motivations, etc. etc. is tied to the ability to experience empathy.

I was and am an optimistic person,but 15 years inside a max prison jaded me to a point. I surely don't trust people like I used to before I started in the prison. I was 48 years old when I started and left when I was 63. Before that, my career was in computers so I was naive to the enviroment when I started but you learn quickly. Mentally it was a tough job because you must CONSTANTLY be aware of everything going on around you and working 12 hour shifts, it gets difficult.

yes, and height is hard to measure unless there is something to compare it to. The witness may have been short so they could see all tall people at 6' or more.

And his height is 5'11"....just once inch short of 6'.

It is interesting that the employee was aware that there was an officer in the restaurant. Was the perp aware too? He may have left when he saw the officer and then decided there was no need to panic and returned. The additional officers had to have been undercover or he would never have returned. It would be interesting to know when the first officer casually arrived. IMO

It is interesting that the employee was aware that there was an officer in the restaurant. Was the perp aware too? He may have left when he saw the officer and then decided there was no need to panic and returned. The additional officers had to have been undercover or he would never have returned. It would be interesting to know when the first officer casually arrived. IMO

from what I recall Ybor McDonald's has a security officer on site 24/7.

from what I recall Ybor McDonald's has a security officer on site 24/7.

“As you can imagine, I am overwhelmed and surprised by yesterday’s events and I understand why many are interested in speaking with me. At this time, I am speaking exclusively with police and am appreciative that they were nearby and quickly acted upon the information I discovered and shared with the police officer. I am also appreciative of the outpouring of support from the community. My thoughts are focused on the victims and their families and out of respect for them and the active investigation, please direct inquiries to the Tampa Police Department.”
This is the employee's words....It was TB police.

Good points.

Im also wondering why a witness did not report a red car in the area. That car really stood out with the red color. Maybe he used a different vehicle during the crimes or maybe he had the car parked in the garage of one of the houses in the area as he escaped on foot.

It will be interesting to learn where he exactly went to after running from the scenes of the murders. Its like he was disappearing.

IMHO I think he used the bus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Unless you are really lucky, purchasing a plane ticket the day of or very close to the day you are leaving is prohibitively expensive.

And if you have a ticket you purchased very close to the day of the flight, you get an extra security check. Of course, he may not know that.

Allegiant flies out of Tampa and their flights are super cheap, like I know rt from Tampa to my airport ROA is under $70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of catching up to do since the news broke.
Can anyone tell me if they announced where or if he had been hiding in seminole for sure? Or if he always headed back to the same spot as they had suspected? (Heard some chatter about the abandon house-was that confirmed?)

And also have they mentioned if he used a vehicle on nights in question or any mode of transportation aside from his feet?

Any mention of his choice of escape routes each time or other video LE has has and not released this whole time?

Do we know for sure that he did not know any of the vics? Has his family commented publicly?

Lastly, now that this is over...has LE released the details of the info that they had been keeping private this whole time (other than ballistics).
Was there more leads or evidence that they had? Other tips on this guy in particular?
Its helpful for future cases to see how departments work and what strategies they use ie. what was kept private other than ballistics.
Just a side note--- i wonder how many cases were made from tips that came in on other people. I bet seminole is the safest its been in a while. Seems like they have locked up quite a few people since this began

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

psychopathy appears to be the exact opposite of PTSD in structure and function of the brain. If you can imagine having PTSD, then imagine the total opposite of sensitivity to fear. the memory is not attached to emotional experiences in psychopathy either, so there is a lack of learning from experience. they only respond to losing their freedoms and entitlements, but it's not always a very big motivator.

Thank you. Its really fascinating stuff to me to learn more about.

Its not surprising that so many of our cases here deal with perpetrators that end up being diagnosed with some sort of mental condition. Time will tell whether the arrested person in this case has any official diagnosed condition or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain