FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say the murderer no longer has 695 Facebook friends. The unfriending has begun.

I was looking at the map, and if he hid in the family's abandoned house, he would have had to run to one of two bridges over the river between the neighborhoods that are not super close to seminole heights. But a B-ball player could do that. maybe he got on a bus?
Maybe he was checking the real time bus schedule on his phone before killing his victims so he could catch the bus to escape.

I have a lot of catching up to do since the news broke.
Can anyone tell me if they announced where or if he had been hiding in seminole for sure? Or if he always headed back to the same spot as they had suspected? (Heard some chatter about the abandon house-was that confirmed?)

And also have they mentioned if he used a vehicle on nights in question or any mode of transportation aside from his feet?

Any mention of his choice of escape routes each time or other video LE has has and not released this whole time?

Do we know for sure that he did not know any of the vics? Has his family commented publicly?

Lastly, now that this is over...has LE released the details of the info that they had been keeping private this whole time (other than ballistics).
Was there more leads or evidence that they had? Other tips on this guy in particular?
Its helpful for future cases to see how departments work and what strategies they use ie. what was kept private other than ballistics.
Just a side note--- i wonder how many cases were made from tips that came in on other people. I bet seminole is the safest its been in a while. Seems like they have locked up quite a few people since this began

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's already hit the news about his being a student at St. Johns:

Former St. John's University basketball player admits to owning gun used in Tampa serial killings
A former St. John’s University basketball player arrested in the slayings of four Tampa residents has admitted to owning the gun used in the killings, cops said Wednesday.
Howell (Trai) Donaldson III, 24, was
taken into custody Tuesday night in connection with the murder spree that sent ripples of fear through the Florida coastal city.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...s-owning-gun-tampa-killings-article-1.3665199

I was looking at the map, and if he hid in the family's abandoned house, he would have had to run to one of two bridges over the river between the neighborhoods that are not super close to seminole heights. But a B-ball player could do that. maybe he got on a bus?
Maybe he was checking the real time bus schedule on his phone before killing his victims so he could catch the bus to escape.
It will bw interesting to see if and who he was talking to on the way to kill BM. Cant wait for those phone records. Im also dying to know exactly how monica ended up in that vacant lot for 2 days, if LEs timeline of that was correct and if he will confess to other murders that they havent connected.

“As you can imagine, I am overwhelmed and surprised by yesterday’s events and I understand why many are interested in speaking with me. At this time, I am speaking exclusively with police and am appreciative that they were nearby and quickly acted upon the information I discovered and shared with the police officer. I am also appreciative of the outpouring of support from the community. My thoughts are focused on the victims and their families and out of respect for them and the active investigation, please direct inquiries to the Tampa Police Department.”
This is the employee's words....It was TB police.

The times I visited the Ybor City McDonald's there was an officer there each time. I assumed security guard.

That is very strange then. It's as if he wanted that employee to get the reward.

Above someone mentioned that maybe the suspect was planning another attack. That may explain why the gun was loaded and not left in the car. Plus it was mentioned in a previous post that an employee said they had told him he looked like the suspect in the videos. I can't help but think that that employee may have been the next target. Do we know if the suspect was supposed to work the day of the arrest? :thinking:

It will bw interesting to see if and who he was talking to on the way to kill BM. Cant wait for those phone records. Im also dying to know exactly how monica ended up in that vacant lot for 2 days, if LEs timeline of that was correct and if he will confess to other murders that they havent connected.

I am curious too. Looking back I have to say, your ideas were right on target. You should become a Forensic Psychologist. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He is 24 years old and was gone several years to college. I doubt if his family had the need to think about his comings and goings.

I imagine one graduates at age 21 or so from college. What was he doing for those three years?
22 is typically the earliest most will graduate. However, most college students take longer than 4 years to graduate now. Plus, we don't know if he began college right at 18. Shifting majors, having to work while in school, and other reasons tend to make the average completion more like 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;YMuJsDu1Qkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMuJsDu1Qkg&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=HktMgdTirV_de1Oz-6[/video]

He bought his gun legally, but failed to show up for the shooting course at Shooter's World:

[video=youtube;IBQfDCunPxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBQfDCunPxY[/video]

I didn't see his linked in before it poofed, but I don't think he was any sort of rising young professional...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...rrest-suspect-in-florida-serial-killings/amp/

The profile also said he worked for the Mets in the 2016 season as a “guest experience host,” scanning tickets for season subscribers and VIPs and operating elevators.

Http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/n...about-the-suspected-seminole-heights-killer-1
Donaldson received *advertiser censored*Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...Serial-Killer-Howell-Donaldson-460822713.html
Donaldson graduated from St. Johns University in New York in January 2017, according to school spokesman Brian Browne.. . .
After graduating, he worked in customer support at the Ultimate Medical Academy, a school that trains workers for health care jobs. He started there Feb. 13 and worked for about three months before he was fired for absenteeism. The academy said he passed a background check before he was hired.

His LinkedIn account also listed a job as a "guest experience host" for the New York Mets in 2016. The Mets would neither confirm nor deny that he was employed by them.

So, he just graduated last January, with a sports management degree, was a ticket taker, and "customer support" probably means he answered phones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Didnt he say he has no ties to the seminole area? His grandparent used to live on east mcberry. Maybe they sold or maybe it was a rental, nevertheless someone by the same name who is 95yo used to live there at some point. And there is current home on wood st that is owned by family is that the vacant place?

I believe he has a younger sibling that is in temple terrace

So he had ties to the neighborhood or not?
And i saw it reported that it was a glock used in the murders and then i read a 40cal s&w.... which is it?
The media is so inaccurate sometimes, makes me nuts

[video=youtube;YMuJsDu1Qkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMuJsDu1Qkg&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=HktMgdTirV_de1Oz-6[/video]

She was right about that. He isn't your typical serial killer.

A worker cannot cash his check? Weird.

BTW, McDonalds is a company that pays a lot if you advance up the ladder there. Flipping burgers is not the only option.

I wondered if he did computer work for them, but I guess not.

I wonder why it took six years for him to go through college. If he got no scholarships, the collge bill must be huge.

Did he have big loans to pay back?
The average time to get a 4 year degree is now more than 5 years. He actually went to college for 5 1/2 years.

https://nscresearchcenter.org/signaturereport11/

Let's just say the murderer no longer has 695 Facebook friends. The unfriending has begun.
He's lost 1 friend, then, and probably his mother who deleted her account.

22 is typically the earliest most will graduate. However, most college students take longer than 4 years to graduate now. Plus, we don't know if he began college right at 18. Shifting majors, having to work while in school, and other reasons tend to make the average completion more like 5 or 6 years.

It took me five years to graduate the first time cuz it was in education. There was no way to take enough credits to graduate any sooner because of the time expected of classes. Two hour classes and placements at schools for not enough credits to have a full load.

He went to a private school . Private schools often brag that they get their students out in four years and have great job placement.

He must owe a lot of money for school.

Do you happen to know if a "lack of empathy" is independent to other mental disorders or is it commonly associated with someone who lets say is a true psychopath?

Not sure I am asking the question properly.
I guess what I am trying to find out is if it is common that a psychopath would commonly also lack empathy or is the lack of empathy an independent condition that can appear with or without other mental disorders?

Lack of empathy is one of the symptoms/problems anti-social personality/sociopathy.

[h=2]Symptoms
[/h]Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...onality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20353928

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa