FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info about sociopathy/psychopathy:

You may have heard people call someone else a “psychopath” or a “sociopath.” But what do those words really mean?

You won’t find the definitions in mental health’s official handbook, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Doctors don’t officially diagnose people as psychopaths or sociopaths. They use a different term instead: antisocial personality disorder.
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference#1

Didnt he say he has no ties to the seminole area? His grandparent used to live on east mcberry. Maybe they sold or maybe it was a rental, nevertheless someone by the same name who is 95yo used to live there at some point. And there is current home on wood st that is owned by family is that the vacant place ?

I believe he has a younger sibling that is in temple terrace

So he had ties to the neighborhood or not?
And i saw it reported that it was a glock used in the murders and then i read a 40cal s&w.... which is it?
The media is so inaccurate sometimes, makes me nuts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BBM

The house on Wood St. is the boarded up one (per photo on Hillsborogh County Property Appraiser).

1704 E WOOD ST

It is located in the Sulphur Springs area.

http://wfla.com/2017/11/29/inside-t...at-is-donaldsons-motivation-for-killing-four/
“In order for someone to go out and violently and murder someone, we have to take a look at their past, so what’s going on. What happened to them,” said psychologist Dr. Stacey Scheckner.

Dr. Scheckner believes something was triggered.

“When we can’t express it verbally, look what this murderer is trying to express. He is killing people. In subconscious, he’s trying to say to the world look what happened to me,” said Scheckner. “I’m in so much pain and agony that in order for me to communicate what has happened to me, I have to do this.”

According to Sheckner, serial killers are usually men who typically don’t act out until it’s too late.

“Maybe he was violently bullied, maybe things happened to him where he internalized it, didn’t express it until all of a sudden he just popped,” she said.

[video=cnn;us/2017/11/29/tampa-killings-seminole-heights-newday-dnt-gallagher.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/us/tampa-killings-seminole-heights-suspect-howell-donaldson/index.html[/video]
(CNN)The man charged with fatally shooting four random people over the past two months in a Tampa neighborhood seemed to be, weirdly enough, perfectly "fine" during police interviews, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said on Wednesday.

"He seemed fine to me, which is a strange answer for me to give, because why is he out murdering people?" Dugan said. "He seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on. He was very much aware of where he was and what he was doing."

"He was friendly and nice to the cops, but he didn't give us anything. He didn't tell us why he was doing it, or anything like that," Dugan said.
His freshman-year suitemate at St. John's, who asked to not be identified, said his "mouth dropped" when he saw Donaldson's mugshot early Wednesday morning.

"It's just like, what? Not Trai. I just don't see what his motive would be," he said.

His first impression of Donaldson was that he was quiet, although the suitemate admitted that was typical the first few days of school. He said Donaldson had the best manners, dressed very well, and was a sneakerhead.

The former suitemate said he never saw Donaldson angry, and at parties, he was a wallflower.

"[Trai was] just a regular guy," the former suitemate said. "Nothing stood out as violent."
Tony Estevez, a neighbor who has known Donaldson for about 20 years, said he was skeptical that Donaldson was responsible for the killings. Donaldson grew up with Estevez's son, and he had come over to their house to watch football and hang by the pool just this past Saturday.

"He is the most quiet, polite young man," Estevez said. "I've never seen him say a bad word."

I have a lot of catching up to do since the news broke.
Can anyone tell me if they announced where or if he had been hiding in seminole for sure? Or if he always headed back to the same spot as they had suspected? (Heard some chatter about the abandon house-was that confirmed?)

And also have they mentioned if he used a vehicle on nights in question or any mode of transportation aside from his feet?

Any mention of his choice of escape routes each time or other video LE has has and not released this whole time?

Do we know for sure that he did not know any of the vics? Has his family commented publicly?

Lastly, now that this is over...has LE released the details of the info that they had been keeping private this whole time (other than ballistics).
Was there more leads or evidence that they had? Other tips on this guy in particular?
Its helpful for future cases to see how departments work and what strategies they use ie. what was kept private other than ballistics.
Just a side note--- i wonder how many cases were made from tips that came in on other people. I bet seminole is the safest its been in a while. Seems like they have locked up quite a few people since this began

I doubt we will be given most or even any of this information. They do not want to compromise their case against him as they want to secure a prosecution.

Based on the location of the family home. If the killer didn't drive, he would take route 34 east on Hillsborough. That being the case, the timing of the 4th murder is very interesting. According to the bus schedules, route 34 ends service at 1am. However, it resumes service westbound from the Netp@rk Transfer Hub at 4:30am. The approximate time to reach stops between 15th st and Nebraska Ave would be ~4:46am. The killer could have gotten off at either of the two stops available and slipped into Seminole Heights unnoticed right before the final killing at 4:50am.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BUSSTOP.jpg
    BUSSTOP.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 260
  • BUSMAP.jpg
    BUSMAP.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 262
Above someone mentioned that maybe the suspect was planning another attack. That may explain why the gun was loaded and not left in the car. Plus it was mentioned in a previous post that an employee said they had told him he looked like the suspect in the videos. I can't help but think that that employee may have been the next target. Do we know if the suspect was supposed to work the day of the arrest? :thinking:

He gave the victims absolutely no warning. I can't see him changing that now and giving the actual murder weapon to his next victim and then leaving the premises for what, 15-20 min?

I just keep feeling like there's still something missing here!

He gave the victims absolutely no warning. I can't see him changing that now and giving the actual murder weapon to his next victim and then leaving the premises for what, 15-20 min?

I just keep feeling like there's still something missing here!

I don’t see it as warning. He goes away. Comes back. Shoots them without them reallizing they are holding the weapon of their demise. Ha ha on them.

Remember he shot one of the people point blank. That is really different than from a distance

Eeks!!
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/semi...ect-attended-events-at-local-school/495583378
[h=1]Seminole Heights suspect attended events at local school[/h]
The man suspected of killing four people in Seminole Heights attended events at a local school and privately coached students athletically, the school says.Trinity School of Children, 2402 W Osborne Ave., released a statement today on Howell Emanuel Donaldson III, saying he attended events at the school because a relative is a student.

The school also said it understands Donaldson privately coached students in athletic events, but that the coaching took place outside the school campus and that he was not a school employee.

I have a lot of catching up to do since the news broke.
Can anyone tell me if they announced where or if he had been hiding in seminole for sure? Or if he always headed back to the same spot as they had suspected? (Heard some chatter about the abandon house-was that confirmed?)

And also have they mentioned if he used a vehicle on nights in question or any mode of transportation aside from his feet?

Any mention of his choice of escape routes each time or other video LE has has and not released this whole time?

Do we know for sure that he did not know any of the vics? Has his family commented publicly?

Lastly, now that this is over...has LE released the details of the info that they had been keeping private this whole time (other than ballistics).
Was there more leads or evidence that they had? Other tips on this guy in particular?
Its helpful for future cases to see how departments work and what strategies they use ie. what was kept private other than ballistics.
Just a side note--- i wonder how many cases were made from tips that came in on other people. I bet seminole is the safest its been in a while. Seems like they have locked up quite a few people since this began

*No info on where he went after shootings

*No info on transportation/escape routes

*No info on connection to the victims

*No statement from family

This is what was in the arrest affidavit:

Donaldson admits to purchasing a gun Oct 3, picked it up Oct 7 after the waiting period. States it has been in his possession since the purchase. Ballistics show a match between his gun and all 4 shootings.

Says he isn't familiar with the SH area.

Gave consent to search his vehicle; clothing was found in the trunk that is similar to what the shooter is seen wearing in the surveillance video obtained around the time of the 2nd shooting. Possible blood stain noted on one item of clothing.

He did not confess to the murders (it's being said a lot online that he did) and he asked for a lawyer.

Editing to add: also some cell phone geographic info that links his phone to the tower in the area.

This sure is a strange one. The cold killing. The cockiness.

Then his coaching kids. Strange.

Good guy by day. Serial killer by night. On paper, he looks like one you would never suspect except there are some tiny red flags. Arrest in New York. Fired for absenteeism. Working at a lower level job at Mc Donald’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn