FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we know for sure he had plans to leave the state?
Was he even planning on working a shift last night at McDonalds? He said he was going to leave and he did have a couple of suitcases in the vehicle. How this thing went down was strange. The people who were goading him about looking like the killer sure were brave!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Semino...police-make-arrest-in-four-killings_163115846

[video=youtube;jAJOMwvIEmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJOMwvIEmo[/video]

"I don’t think he’s the guy," Hamdan said.

"How did he avoid police so long only to be dumb enough to give his gun to someone?"

Others doubted that the killings would stop. Just a few blocks away in front of the bus stop where the first victim was shot dead, Natasha Livingston, 29, lives with her seven kids.

"I think the police should still be out patrolling," Livingston said. "That man doesn’t look like the images they’ve been showing. That dude doesn’t match the description. You’ll see. You’ll be back out here reporting another dead body."

I have to say that something about this guy isn't sitting right with me either. It's all just a bit too neat. It feels too convenient.

He gives his coworker a loaded gun that he used to kill 4 people. He's cooperating with police. He admits the gun is his and willingly offered the details about where and when he bought it. He gave consent for LE to search his phone and his car (despite the bloody hoodie/jacket stashed in the trunk). LE said he's being polite and he's very well-mannered. Every person that knows him appears to be floored at this news, and they all say that he's never been aggressive or violent or easily angered in the least bit.

I'm not saying this isn't the guy. I am saying he's an anomaly and LE got incredibly lucky to find him the way that they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy was so close to being out of the woods. All he had to do was to keep his belongings in his car. He wasn't even in the radar and didn't live in seminole heights. I guess part of him wanted to get caught?

This is a quote from serial killer Bobby Joe Long, who killed 10 women in the Tampa area in the 1980's---- Sometimes I guess they do want to stop and they know the only way they can is to get caught by L.E

Long smiled and said, "Well, I guess you got me good ... Yes, I killed them ... All the ones in the paper. I did them all." He was asked to describe each case and he complied with the details. He realized that he'd set himself up when he had not killed Lisa McVey as he had done with the others.
"I knew when I let her go," Norris quotes Long as saying, "that it would only be a matter of time. I didn't even tell her not to talk to the police or anything ... I just didn't care anymore, and I wanted to stop. I was sick inside."

"How did he avoid police so long only to be dumb enough to give his gun to someone?"

Others doubted that the killings would stop. Just a few blocks away in front of the bus stop where the first victim was shot dead, Natasha Livingston, 29, lives with her seven kids.

"I think the police should still be out patrolling," Livingston said. "That man doesn’t look like the images they’ve been showing. That dude doesn’t match the description. You’ll see. You’ll be back out here reporting another dead body."

I have to say that something about this guy isn't sitting right with me either. It's all just a bit too neat. It feels too convenient.

He gives his coworker a loaded gun that he used to kill 4 people. He's cooperating with police. He admits the gun is his and willingly offered the details about where and when he bought it. He gave consent for LE to search his phone and his car (despite the bloody hoodie/jacket stashed in the trunk). LE said he's being polite and he's very well-mannered. Every person that knows him appears to be floored at this news, and they all say that he's never been aggressive or violent or easily angered in the least bit.

I'm not saying this isn't the guy. I am saying he's an anomaly and LE got incredibly lucky to find him the way that they did.

I so agree with you the body just does not match imo

something is very off unless he
IMO lost touch with the reality the other day
the gun in bag with car telling someone not to look inside is just not normative.

If he wanted to get caught he could have turned himself in or made a fake tip .

He had a suitcase in his trunk -- that sounds like someone fleeing not wanting to be in prison

His body is just not right imo

i found it also strange this am in the presser to announce a arrest while on several occasions describing he thought he had him before and this could turn out that way

he kept stressing there is much they don't know --that just struck me as odd when declaring an arrest

I am not sure he did the last one or operated alone

something amiss moo

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Childh...gs-suspect-saw-a-change-in-attitude_163116986
Childhood friend of Seminole Heights killings suspect saw a change in attitude
[FONT=&amp]Updated: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]November 29, 2017 at 04:11 PM

[/FONT]
Around last Easter, Keyworth said, a group of old buddies had gotten together for a friendly game of pickup basketball. But when Donaldson was fouled, Keyworth saw rage in his once patient friend’s eyes.

Around this age is very common for onset of very acute mental illiness but when they were putting him in the cop car the shoulders were so wide??

One cant get smaller when wearing loose clothes??

he looked shorter by the car too

mental illness has nothing to do with good upbringing --

body type is haunting tho

And his phone pinged close to 3 of the murders. Plus I think the blood on the hoodie will trace back to one of the victims.

could he be wanting to take the rap for someone he cared deeply about -- a lover

transgendered person ??

just going a dash nuts here !!

I would like to hear him speak/voice/ etc etc

100% agree. This all is baffling.

Just a thought, if the suspect seemed to appear thinner in the cctv video than he looked in the arrest pics, could he have packed on the pounds in between shootings?
Considering where he worked, it might have been a relatively easy thing to do quickly.
imo, speculation.

could he be wanting to take the rap for someone he cared deeply about -- a lover

transgendered person ??

This is a good possibility. Something just doesn’t sit right with me about this!

transgendered person ??

This might be a possibility---lol didn't see the post above me

*No info on where he went after shootings

*No info on transportation/escape routes

*No info on connection to the victims

*No statement from family

This is what was in the arrest affidavit:

Donaldson admits to purchasing a gun Oct 3, picked it up Oct 7 after the waiting period. States it has been in his possession since the purchase. Ballistics show a match between his gun and all 4 shootings.

Says he isn't familiar with the SH area.

Gave consent to search his vehicle; clothing was found in the trunk that is similar to what the shooter is seen wearing in the surveillance video obtained around the time of the 2nd shooting. Possible blood stain noted on one item of clothing.

He did not confess to the murders (it's being said a lot online that he did) and he asked for a lawyer.

Editing to add: also some cell phone geographic info that links his phone to the tower in the area.

do people who want to be caught ask for n attorney

what was the info about arrest in ny??

[video=youtube;eqsHnH2gEmA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqsHnH2gEmA[/video]

Arrest report details evidence that led police to suspect in Seminole Heights slayings

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...uspect-in-Seminole-Heights-slayings_163105591

The above link mentions that TD purchased the gun and 20 rounds of ammunition at the same time. Five live rounds were contained in the gun's magazine when handed to the McD employee. Do we have a count of how many total shots were fired in the four murders? I'm sure LE is looking into this, but I wonder if those were the only bullets he had available, or if he's purchased more since buying the gun?

In Florida, can anyone buy rounds of ammo with just a regular photo id, or do you need an FID card or similar "licenses" ?

Thanks!

I don't know the job history in this article is entry level stuff - ticket taker and host
for sports events .

Gives me some pause for his reported education. just moo

Sounds like he may have been suffering from what you might call "adult-onset failure to thrive". Those jobs remind me of the kind of work kids find for summer/winter break when they're going to college.

I didn't see his linked in before it poofed, but I don't think he was any sort of rising young professional...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...rrest-suspect-in-florida-serial-killings/amp/

The profile also said he worked for the Mets in the 2016 season as a “guest experience host,” scanning tickets for season subscribers and VIPs and operating elevators.

Http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/n...about-the-suspected-seminole-heights-killer-1
Donaldson received *advertiser censored*Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...Serial-Killer-Howell-Donaldson-460822713.html
Donaldson graduated from St. Johns University in New York in January 2017, according to school spokesman Brian Browne.. . .
After graduating, he worked in customer support at the Ultimate Medical Academy, a school that trains workers for health care jobs. He started there Feb. 13 and worked for about three months before he was fired for absenteeism. The academy said he passed a background check before he was hired.

His LinkedIn account also listed a job as a "guest experience host" for the New York Mets in 2016. The Mets would neither confirm nor deny that he was employed by them.

So, he just graduated last January, with a sports management degree, was a ticket taker, and "customer support" probably means he answered phones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I vote he did not finish collage if he went at all just moo

The times I visited the Ybor City McDonald's there was an officer there each time. I assumed security guard.

Tampa had fun clubs decades ago but I do recall Ybor city as being known as a place to be careful of and pretty much stay from

IIRC one was in Ybor city and we pretty much were real careful -- but I am not sure if that was homophobia or the area in its entirety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member