FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that the employee was aware that there was an officer in the restaurant. Was the perp aware too? He may have left when he saw the officer and then decided there was no need to panic and returned. The additional officers had to have been undercover or he would never have returned. It would be interesting to know when the first officer casually arrived. IMO

It isa my understanding that it was a female officer doing paperwork -- I did not get the sense that she was actually on duty at the McDonalds

He had ties to the nearby school — coaching, etc. Maybe he hid on school grounds after the shootings, then took his car or a bus out of the area later.

I vote he did not finish collage if he went at all just moo

MSM reports that he graduated in 2017.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...s-owning-gun-tampa-killings-article-1.3665199

"A former St. John’s University basketball player arrested in the slayings of four Tampa residents has admitted to owning the gun used in the killings, cops said Wednesday.

Donaldson was a walk-on member of the Red Storm’s team during the 2011-12 season but never played in a game, school officials said.

The point guard from Alonso High School in Tampa graduated in January 2017 with a sports management degree."

Thank you. Its really fascinating stuff to me to learn more about.

Its not surprising that so many of our cases here deal with perpetrators that end up being diagnosed with some sort of mental condition. Time will tell whether the arrested person in this case has any official diagnosed condition or not.

Imo there is a difference ( which can be confused ) between lack of empathy and or mood disorder related indifference as a result of depression.

He looked flat as heck today -- could care less that he was going to spend his life in prison for the rest of existence.

We refer to it as blunted affect or flat -- that is not the same as lack of empathy. Empathy is a more complicated entity - often related to childhood trauma .

That is why I hope to hear him speak - wondering if he is going to come off as bright - or aloof emotionally.

Legal assistant here. Regarding the sealed arrest record for Donaldson: I'm not in NY, but generally records are sealed for a variety of reasons. A lot of times your record is sealed if you had a favorable disposition. This could be that you were found not guilty, the prosecutor or police decided not to pursue the case, or it was dismissed for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the court will offer an adjournment of your trial for a period of time with the intent of dismissal. If, during that time, you meet all requirements the court has set forth (community service, rehab, etc), your case will be dismissed and record sealed after the set adjournment time ends.

Also, certain drug related charges will result in a sealed record if you complete a treatment program and whatever other conditions the judge sets.

There are of course other reasons that people have mentioned already. However, I don't necessarily find it odd that he has a sealed record, especially if he was a young student in NY when he was arrested.

Speak for yourself. I did not partake and was voted down for suggesting the perp was hightailing it over north over the Hillsbourough river.
For me, this was a major sleuthing FAIL.

He was NOT the webslinging superhero we all looked into (due to his FB connections with the first three victims).
He was NOT the second or third person I looked into that had ties to this neighborhood.
This just goes to show you how thankful we all should be to Websleuths "must be named in MSM article" to post here. If we had posted this person all over FB rumor sites or elsewhere, this person's life would be upside down.

The bus map posted earlier -- the address he was booked with is west of SH. If he took in the purple line to transfer at 9, it would lead him to that corner of the first shooting. But the 9 doesn't lead down to McDonald's, the 12 would. So taking that route wouldn't be the most direct. IMO, he probably just turned at that neighborhood, parked, and walked, but that red car would stick out to the neighbors...

Three miles is nothing when you're in decent shape.
I think the boarded up house is quite the jog. About three miles away.
Is it possible he waited, jumped back on a bus or crashed at a friend's house.
I'd LOVE to see his work schedule. Did he get off work around 7ish and take a bus #9. Did he follow the victims?
Was he mad he had to take public transportation?

[FONT=&amp]Tampa Police Department had [/FONT]described[FONT=&amp] the suspect in the aftermath of the Felton killing as a black male who is between 6-feet and 6-feet-2 tall, thin build, light complexion,

[/FONT]
[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Cambria, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Never played or dressed -- how is that called a player? If one gets called in the game waits while the guy gets dressed -- makes no sense at all

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]starting to think a lot of this bio stuff is self report 24 year old college grad maybe working at Mcdonalds - taking a long time to get a degree has a sealed arrest which often has something to do with age -- i think we are talking about a troubled kid -- whose problems maybe have started after he left home.

My sense is he was carless -- it was his fathers car -- so now we have to to be talking about a 24 year old without a car in FL which is not a subway state -- with crimes related to a bus line.

we have consistent reports of light skinned AA male until todays pics.

There was much discussion regarding his gait as possibly being a basketball player - who we now learn does not play -- how that can mold gait becomes even more bewildering.

We have at least two gay deaths -- maybe coming out after he left home become very problematic for him.

If he had a passion for cross dressing that might result in more issues as it relates to sexual identity.

At 24 thus far we have no reports of any girlfirend.

We have a male reported as timid which might also be a description of effeminate for a male

We have a sealed criminal which might be related to a sex crime of some sort-- I would think a family system might want a sex crime sealed.

Someone desireing to come out -- NY would certainly be a city to try and do that.

Was the family religious - that often complicates coming out - while the AA relationship with religion can make coming out very difficult.

Padded Linked in resume IMO --fluffy words to describe entry entry work with one termination involved - does not seem to indicate a mature person - which college often instills as it relates to showing up for work!! Generally speaking .

We have LE claiming no connection to the area when in fact they lived 4 miles away and had a house in the area of the terror.

He is driving around with evidence in his trunk- there is some judgement impairment in that arena alone.

If I am getting this correctly ( it is just human behavior) to hand something to someone else and indicate that you don't want them looking in it -- what better way to assure that that person will certainly look inside? that too is just off.

Chatting away to LE giving incriminating info and all of a sudden requesting an attorney is totally incongruent behavior .

There has been no confirmation (has there) that he was there to work?

Don't most establishments pay on Friday?

The report indicated , however, that he was going for a loan - so maybe we are just thinking he went there to cash a check which may be incorrect.

I would think a 24 year old might know that getting a loan from a AM scott might take a bit of time - which makes leaving a weapon involved in several murders more bewildering

do we have any idea how LE connected a car sitting in a McDonald's parking lot to this person??

We have broad shoulders in this instance?

We have gay killings in the direct area that without any explaination Le has not been able to clearly outline reasons why they do not think they are related

Was this actual police chief involved with the dept when the earlier hate crimes happened?

I don't recall were the ages of the earlier hate crimes in the same age range -- what were the races of those murdered.

The media is ( somehow) giving us this impression of this tight knit family system based on what a couple of SM posts?

Have we ever heard a family system say yeh I thought my brother was a serial killer.

Same goes with any crimes like this everyone is stunned so there is nothing new in this area either.

Just a guess but I don't think a McDonald's work setting often results in an ability to purchase a high end machine. I suppose it may be older model - but I think it was dads -- dad got a ticket in it.

LE was somehow overnight able to come to forensic conclusions -- does that department work 24/7 in a city the size of Tampa.

The chief has left open some possibility that this may be the guy

We have a fourth victim that is of age to be a grandfather's age - after killing youth earlier.

Might that be in some way related to possibly a father that was adamantly homophobic>

IT is not like he is overly homely which would make (at least as far as we know ) lack of girlfriend dating history somewhat more curious.

Was the rest of family system in FL for a long long time??

I would think in this day and age a 24 year old with alleged computer training would be able to , at 24, have some previous work history, if nothing else in an allied related field-- Best Buy would seem more related to someone that supposedly has a college degree in that field as opposed to Big Mac.

The only overt mention we have , thus far, of being overly isolative is from the last 8 weeks at the McDonalds.

Where did the first three victims work -- any connections through that possibility?

There was some references that some of the victims attended the same school - but somehow pretty instantly the victims were totally random

just tossing out some stuff

Is seminole heights a very religious church oriented area?

speculation only but......................

moo

from heavy link a bit back [/FONT]

just now seeing arrest!!! now to catch up ...

I disagree. Beautiful successful people do not let their real estate property become a putrid eyesore as their house on Wood is. Successful people maintain the property, if not out of respect for themselves, at least out of respect for the neighbors on their street. It wouldn't have taken much money to keep the yard cleaned up and the house at least painted. It's clear the family didn't give a flying whowho for the other people who owned homes on that street.
I realize that killers can look completely normal and be full of charisma. However, the last two mass shooters had an unsettling look to me. They were people I might avoid getting near had I come across them. This guy likely would not have raised any alarm bells with me. I guess that's part of how he got this far.

And looking at pictures of him with his mom, I just feel for her. She had a beautiful, successful family that she was clearly proud of. I just don't get it, what could have caused him to do this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I disagree. Beautiful successful people do not let their real estate property become a putrid eyesore as their house on Wood is. Successful people maintain the property, if not out of respect for themselves, at least out of respect for the neighbors on their street. It wouldn't have taken much money to keep the yard cleaned up and the house at least painted. It's clear the family didn't give a flying whowho for the other people who owned homes on that street.

And, it has been that messy since at least March 2011, based on google maps.

To everyone wondering "why" a perp would do this and what a motive could be. I am a retired corrections officer for the State of Florida with 15 years experience working in a "MAX" security prison. I lived 15 years with people like this, talked to them everyday and listened to their stories. In Florida, except for death row, the inmates are not in cells but in open dorms and are free to walk around, so officers talk and interact with the inmates a lot. In all my time and listening to countless stories, 1 fact remained clear to me. MOST of these perps do not think like you and me and we will never be able to understand their reasoning for committing crimes,hell some of them themselves don't know why they did what they did. Just thought I would share my experience.

This is perhaps the definitive answer right here - we will never understand and it probably isn't to be understood by normal people. I'm so glad he is off the streets and I'm sorry for the families of the victims and pray for some kind of peace for them eventually.

The horrible thought occurred to me that in his mind he was playing a kind of Russian Roulette, not just with his own life, but with others on that particular day.
Apparently the gun was loaded when it was recovered, also a LE in the restaurant doing paperwork..

When he handed the bag over was he giving that person and perhaps the other workers and customers a sort of chance to live or die?
Luck of the draw for him and everyone else?
Ie. if the person given the bag did not open it, upon his return, would he shoot right there and then, take off in the car and as previously suggested up thread, finish it all off with a blazing police chase ?
imo, speculation

(This reminds me of another killer, Travis Forbes. Anxious to read and catch up here, (thanks everyone for the updates), so too much to go into now but marking my spot so I don't forget to respond to this.)

MSM reports that he graduated in 2017.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...s-owning-gun-tampa-killings-article-1.3665199

"A former St. John’s University basketball player arrested in the slayings of four Tampa residents has admitted to owning the gun used in the killings, cops said Wednesday.

Donaldson was a walk-on member of the Red Storm’s team during the 2011-12 season but never played in a game, school officials said.

The point guard from Alonso High School in Tampa graduated in January 2017 with a sports management degree."

I wonder why on another bio for him it said computer science major with a minor in something athletic (can’t remember, might have been sports management?) I can’t find the link anymore.

He could have purchased the gun in a remote area and the phone records where impossible to find because there were so many people in the area with cell phones including those on the nearby highway. Now that they know who it is, the Police Chief said they can more readily get phone records and check his location at the times of the murders.

(Again catching up, or trying to lol, but had to say I have a very interesting example to share with you guys how they approached the cell calls /tower stuff in the NOCO case, again too much to go into now but again marking my spot to find the link after I catch up.)

For me, this was a major sleuthing FAIL.

He was NOT the webslinging superhero we all looked into (due to his FB connections with the first three victims).
He was NOT the second or third person I looked into that had ties to this neighborhood.
This just goes to show you how thankful we all should be to Websleuths "must be named in MSM article" to post here. If we had posted this person all over FB rumor sites or elsewhere, this person's life would be upside down.

The bus map posted earlier -- the address he was booked with is west of SH. If he took in the purple line to transfer at 9, it would lead him to that corner of the first shooting. But the 9 doesn't lead down to McDonald's, the 12 would. So taking that route wouldn't be the most direct. IMO, he probably just turned at that neighborhood, parked, and walked, but that red car would stick out to the neighbors...

Of course we never name who we have on our “short list” of suspects as we sleuth but many of us stated here that the killer was athletic, AA, young, male, and added add’l psychological profiles too. We will find out more in the future about the psychology behind this killer & I bet we were correct in that realm as well.

I wonder why on another bio for him it said computer science major with a minor in something athletic (can’t remember, might have been sports management?) I can’t find the link anymore.

I saw that also. Was it something he'd written, maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member