FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes after watching the video's over and over again I saw a really slight limp from his left leg. It's almost unnoticeable where you think it's just his normal gait, but it's there.....

I wish there was more footage of his limp/gait. Also if he had this limp his entire life, or if a recent wound.

Actually hindsight is 20/20. After the first killing and watching the video of him walking I thought it might be a woman. I don't know why I thought that except maybe power of suggestion that PC's given that said it could be a man or a woman and I began looking at the video differently. I don't know.

But after I realized it was a man the only thing that kept popping into my head was the fact that he is a sharp dresser, well put together, cares about his appearance, takes care of his clothing, like a woman. How he looked really mattered to him.

That is mainly what threw me off even though my own brother (rip) was like that too. My brother would never leave the house looking like a bum, he even pressed his jeans. He was high maintenance for a man and I loved it. That's what HD reminded me of initially after dismissing the female aspect of his appearance.

Metrosexuals or sharp dressers.
I always got the impression the shooter was male but had a bit of an effeminate touch (not gay/homosexual). It's kinda hard to describe. Perhaps wearing flip-flops or shower sandal sliders caused his gait to be more fluid.

I have not seen any arrest video where he appears to be limping.

I've seen one that is labeled as an arrest video of him but it is not him. The guy in that video has a limp but it's not Donaldson.

RBBM

Anyone have a link to that video? TIA

I don't know if this is too loaded with politics and/or religion to be allowed to discuss here or not. But I'll give my two cents anyway. I think it's state-sanctioned murder. I think that two wrongs do not make a right. I think that most of the arguments for it cannot be backed up by facts (it doesn't serve as a way to prevent crimes and it actually costs more than housing them for life). From my perspective it is also a pretty easy way out for them. While even in the worst case scenario it may take several minutes to die, it is often not as agonizing as what some victims go through (see YingYing's case of being tortured). I think they should be forced to live through the general pains in life that most of us will have to go through as our bodies break down, only in reduced circumstances. I think they should have to suffer loss daily for many years - loss of freedom, loss of family and friends, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It seems the state attorney doesn't like using it often. http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...onths-into-term-of-hillsborough-state/2335095

I think some folks with sports management and communications degrees might very much disagree with you. Many non-pro athlete and nonathlete students who are interested in sports go into those majors. I know several graduates of such programs with great jobs in those fields. [emoji106]

I don’t understand the perception that a sports management or communications major would be any less valid or challenging than, say, a business management and communications major, tbh.

That said, did Trai graduate? Looks like he might have had a couple internship-type jobs (since each lasted several months apiece). I’m speculating. ... I’m still catching up on this thread.

At *some* schools, degrees like Sports Management and Communications are majors mostly for the athletes, and aren't particularly challenging, and aren't really jumping off points for a real career.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One of perp's fellow college basketball buddies (perp never played, only practiced with St. John's team) said Donaldson
was not a great player because he was constantly tripping due to being so pidgeon-toed.
Well, I just went back and viewed several of the videos released by LE of perp walking away from crime scenes, and lo and behold the person in videos is extremely pidgeoned toed.

So, he had dreams of being a pro basketball player but not the skill set to make it in the pro ranks.
Lots of people have disability and overcome them not let it get them down and inspire/help others in the process. But, without the fortitude and family/friend support it can be extremely difficult especially paired with mental instability of NPD/psychopathy.
Lots of people do not fulfil their ultimate goals, or get the best career right out of college and do not resort to shooting strangers in cold blood.
Did he seek revenge against society? Injustice collector? or infamy? Delusions of grandeur?
Why did he choose SH as his shooting field?

I believe he was wearing his work uniform when he approached his co-worker/manager to hold his bag while he went to cash his check. So he was either getting off his shift or just beginning his shift for the day (which I don't think he was doing because he was planning on leaving the area that day).

It's very possible he had the bag with him at work with him Tuesday morning/afternoon and because he was quitting the job, he no longer had access to a locker to keep the bag in while he did his errand with cashing his last paycheck, so he asked her to hold it while he did that.

I don't believe he wanted to be caught, but he made a mistake trusting his co-worker. He admitted to LE after he was arrested that it was his gun and it's the murder weapon he had been using.

Isn't it almost always a really stupid mistake that is the downfall of most serial killers? Joel Rifkin didn't put the license plate back on his truck after he finished doing engine work on it. HD knew he was caught and probably why he admitted it was his gun...... Bizarre ... they always seem to slip up with a stupid decision.

Was he homeless? Did his parents kick him out?

I feel like he probably made it up. His whole facebook was weird.

I don't believe he made it up more like he fudged it. Many of us are guilty of doing that on our own resume's. I never did it because it was never necessary, but being boostful as a young person just graduating college would be easily explainable with no neferious meaning behind it...

He had a car at McDonald’s, so he really didn’t need anyone to hold anything.

plus on some sites rumors say he had a couple 'gangsta' nicknames.

The neighborhood where he grew up is a nice neighborhood with older homes from maybe the 70’s. The neighborhood is located along Tampa Bay, so many homes are on a canal and many are boat owners. In another nearby neighborhood there are much larger homes right on the waters edge. HOWEVER, the larger overall area is called Town n Country, and it is known to have many gangs. Out of the whole Tampa Bay Area, it’s gang population is one of the highest. I don’t know that this would apply to him at all, but it makes me wonder if he got mixed with the wrong crowd after returning from college. The gangs give such a sense of “belonging” to their members.

steroid abuse?

Usually w/ steroid abuse, the first thing I've noticed is the thick neck. His neck looked normal. As an old gym rat, I can tell you that many serious jocks concentrate on arms and upper body muscle development and ignore legs and lower
trunk, especially if they were born with skinny, underdeveloped calves, which HD was, IMO.

The neighborhood where he grew up is a nice neighborhood with older homes from maybe the 70’s. The neighborhood is located along Tampa Bay, so many homes are on a canal and many are boat owners. In another nearby neighborhood there are much larger homes right on the waters edge. HOWEVER, the larger overall area is called Town n Country, and it is known to have many gangs. Out of the whole Tampa Bay Area, it’s gang population is one of the highest. I don’t know that this would apply to him at all, but it makes me wonder if he got mixed with the wrong crowd after returning from college. The gangs give such a sense of “belonging” to their members.

very possible. and why gangs are brought up. I'm not 100% sure he wasn't trying to impress someone or gang members.

[video=youtube;mSFHBz3BZjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSFHBz3BZjw[/video]

very possible. and why gangs are brought up. I'm not 100% sure he wasn't trying to impress someone or gang members.

(Inserting sarcasm:

"Trigga_trai"?! No way...)

(Eta: this is the kind of vibe I was feeling as far as "wannabe gangsta")

At *some* schools, degrees like Sports Management and Communications are majors mostly for the athletes, and aren't particularly challenging, and aren't really jumping off points for a real career.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

(When I was in college, there were some fellow students who were there to basically "play ball"...strictly jocks so to speak...they often had people help them with their assignments/homework to keep up...just sayin...)

Another question I have is why did he attend 2, possibly 3 different high schools in his area?
I've seen it said he went to Plant HS, Catholic HS, and Alonzo HS.
Was he expellled? Did family move? Did he flunk out? Did family want to distance him from bad influences and made him change schools?

I'm thinking that for a majority of his young life, he was bordering on being a 'problem child' but parents managed
to keep him on a somewhat 'good path' until he went away to NY college where he was on his own and maybe
had the freedom to act out more. I'd also guess he did not excell in school due to taking so long to finish.
His work history is very sketchy, he could get some entry level jobs but couldn't keep them.
Yup, again, I'll say he sounds like a lot of young men- Street Drugs screwing up their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong