FL - Mariah Michelle Logan, 23, tourist, killed after going out car window, Miami, 17 March 2019

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Gardenista, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

This accident is so tragic. Hopefully, it is a lesson to all of us. First, kids can be so impulsive, not thinking about the danger in an innocent and playful action. I was always taught not to put my hands or anything out of the window because a vehicle may hit us, causing me to lose my hand and arm.

The driver may have been focused on getting around this car and did not think for a minute that the girl would fall out. We always need to be vigilant of what is happening on the road.

Even though this young lady was clearly negligent in her actions, the driver may have been able to avoid this accident, maybe not, though.

I do know that the hit-and-run driver is now is much bigger trouble for leaving the scene of the accident.

I hope that parents with young children and young adult children use this tragedy as a teaching lesson. You just never know if a moment of impulsivity will cause your life to end. :'(

2. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

she had 13 brothers and sisters, a BF, parents, friends, co-workers, and clients who must be heartbroken. I hope they can find the comfort they need and a safe space to grieve, and when it's time, they can celebrate Mariah. What else can you say... just so tragic and sad.

3. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Obviously, she was crushed by the RR but IDK about "crushed to death". She could have died the moment she hit the road. ?? MOO

4. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yes, she most likely expired on impact.

Prayers for all involved.

5. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

I could see that happening because of the past week partying at Spring Break. They were probably still living the excitement of Spring Break at Miami Beach.

6. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

At 4am the driver in the RR might not have seen her fall out the window. Maybe he stopped for a second in response to their car swerving into the other lane and then went on after seeing they were stopped.