GUILTY FL - Marie Carlson, 37, Fort Walton Beach, Oct 2011

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/search-for-missing-woman-continues-1.95118

Search for missing woman continues*

By LAUREN DELGADO / Daily News
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 20:23 PM.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information to help find Marie Jane Carlson, a Fort Walton Beach woman who has been missing since October 2011, according the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.......

Carlson was last seen Oct. 18, 2011, by James Flanders, the father of her then newborn daughter, at their home on Revere Avenue, FDLE Special Agent Ronnie Austin said. Flanders told law officers she was at the house when he left between 6 and 7 p.m.

On Oct. 19 a text message from Carlson’s phone was sent to several people. The message said she left Fort Walton Beach to do something she always wanted to do.

The infant was being babysat when she disappeared, Austin said....more at link.....

*Thanks to summer_breeze for helping with a search for this case...Carlson has not been listed before.

picture.php

More information from the link above:

Flanders found her vehicle Oct. 21 at Northwest Florida Regional Airport, according to a news release from the FDLE. Investigators determined Carlson did not leave the area by plane or by a vehicle rented at the airport. She also did not leave the United States.

Flanders has since moved to Arizona with the child.

Marie Carlson’s ex-husband, Jeff Carlson of Kentucky, who she also has a daughter with, reported her missing and endangered to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office on Oct. 24.

Carlson is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighs 130 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo on her right wrist that says “Pray Without Ceasing.”

Anyone with information about her disappearance is asked to contact Austin at 850-595-2046 or Sheriff’s Investigator Keith Matz at 609-2000.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19768/0/

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Marie
Middle name
Jane
Last name
Carlson
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen
October 17, 2011 00:00
Date entered
03/26/2013
Age last seen
37 to 37 years old
Age now
38 years old
Race
Asian or Pacific Islander
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Marie's case was just on "Cold Justice"

I just watched the Cold Justice show I recorded on DVR. I hope they get more tips from church members. At any rate, the Flanders will be looking over their shoulders until this is resolved. The circumstantial case is pretty strong. I've looked online to see if there was any news on the SA's reviewal, but nothing.

There are so many cold cases - it's sad. The worst thing for people is not knowing.

Just watched Cold Justice. The Flanders are as guilty as the sin they preach against. I don't understand why Mr. Flanders has not already been arrested!

Just watched the show too. Its so obvious what happened, why isnt this disgusting sob arrested. just because his father is dying isnt a reason to let him get away with it for longer, he didnt care about his daughters mother dying, or maries mothers child dying. Tanya i have no doubt knew exactly what was going on and probably that he would kill her. pity they werent smart enough to leave his phone with her.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the U.S. Marshal led Arizona WANTED Violent Offender Task Force, and the Arizona Department of Public Safety announces the arrest of 46-year old James Ty Flanders for the 2011 Murder of Marie Carlson of Fort Walton Beach.

SNIP

Carlson’s suspicious disappearance was recently featured on the national television show “Cold Justice” on TNT, bringing national attention to her missing person case.

http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/Former-Pastor-Arrested-In-Cold-Case-303802301.html

http://weartv.com/news/local/police-search-for-hidden-body-of-dead-woman

The remains of a woman who disappeared five years ago have now been found in the yard of a Fort Walton Beach home...

He told the court that he grabbed Carlson in a bear hug until she was no longer breathing. He then buried her in the yard...

The medical examiners office must still positively identify Carlson's remains.

No sentencing date has been scheduled.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20...son-family-tragedy-doesnt-end-with-sentencing

Former pastor James Flanders was married to another woman, but involved in a polygamous-like relationship with Marie. She had just given birth to his child when she disappeared on an October day five years ago...

Tuesday, he was sentenced to 15 years – the maximum penalty for his reduced charge of manslaughter...

Her family finally has some semblance of closure. But in another state, a little girl calls James Flanders’ wife mom.

Questions remain about whether his wife knew what happened to Marie, though how could she have missed the grave-sized hole in her yard?

Just followed this case on Dateline. Very, very sad. And I firmly believe the wife knew that Marie was murdered - the woman who is now in custody of baby Grace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back