FL FL - Marjorie Wilson, 66, Deltona, 4 December 1976

I found her picture on the internet
marjorie_flewellin_wilson_2.jpg

How do you lose a car in Florida? In a body of water. Dredge nearby canals, retention ponds, lakes.

“Wilson was last seen at the Lake Monroe Inn on U.S. 17-92 in Deltona, Florida at approximately 9:00 p.m. on December 4, 1976. She and her husband were eating at the inn with friends when Wilson became ill. Her husband took her outside to their car and left her there, with the motor running and the heat turned on, while he finished eating. When he returned a few minutes later, Wilson and the car were gone.

The vehicle is a light yellow 1973 Chevrolet Impala with a brown vinyl top and the license plate number 8W-3270. Wilson knew how to drive and had a valid driver's license in 1976, but her husband stated she was afraid to drive at night and he didn't believe she would have driven away on her own.

At the time of her disappearance, Wilson was carrying less than $40 in her purse, and the car's gas tank was about half-full; it could have driven about 150 miles. The car has never been recovered.

Investigators discovered that on the night of Wilson's disappearance, another car in the Lake Monroe Inn parking lot was sideswiped and some blue paint had been scraped off. It's unknown whether it was Wilson's car that caused the accident, however, and her husband describes her as a very careful driver.

Authorities believe Wilson may have been abducted. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved. She resided in the 1000 block of Persian Drive in Deltona at the time of her disappearance.”

Talking about a body of water. The Lake Monroe Inn, Sanford is on the US 17, running along the shore of Lake Monroe. And there are alligators in the lake.

Lake Monroe Inn, permanently closed.

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

Attachments

• Lake Monroe Inn Sanfort Florida.JPG
    Lake Monroe Inn Sanfort Florida.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
How do you lose a car in Florida? In a body of water. Dredge nearby canals, retention ponds, lakes.

“Wilson was last seen at the Lake Monroe Inn on U.S. 17-92 in Deltona, Florida at approximately 9:00 p.m. on December 4, 1976. She and her husband were eating at the inn with friends when Wilson became ill. Her husband took her outside to their car and left her there, with the motor running and the heat turned on, while he finished eating. When he returned a few minutes later, Wilson and the car were gone.

The vehicle is a light yellow 1973 Chevrolet Impala with a brown vinyl top and the license plate number 8W-3270. Wilson knew how to drive and had a valid driver's license in 1976, but her husband stated she was afraid to drive at night and he didn't believe she would have driven away on her own.

At the time of her disappearance, Wilson was carrying less than $40 in her purse, and the car's gas tank was about half-full; it could have driven about 150 miles. The car has never been recovered.

Investigators discovered that on the night of Wilson's disappearance, another car in the Lake Monroe Inn parking lot was sideswiped and some blue paint had been scraped off. It's unknown whether it was Wilson's car that caused the accident, however, and her husband describes her as a very careful driver.

Authorities believe Wilson may have been abducted. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved. She resided in the 1000 block of Persian Drive in Deltona at the time of her disappearance.”

Probably unrelated, but a 1973 Chevrolet Impala was found in a Michigan lake last week: No human remains found in sunken car in Morrow Lake
Hard to tell what color it was originally:
Morrow-Lake-Car-Out-of-lake-2-12042019.jpg

Morrow-Lake-Car-Out-of-lake-3-12042019.jpg

Morrow-Lake-Car-Out-of-lake-4-12042019.jpg

I wonder if they can tell the original paint color. Did this couple have ties to here? Perhaps the wife was feigning illness and bailed?

Who knows if they can figure out the color under all the mud and tarnish but I thought it looked yellow in some places... My theory would be that she was carjacked, and the carjacker(s) could have used the car to drive to another state. A fugitive wanting to get out of state could do so pretty quickly in a stolen car the 70's-- no license plate readers, no hwy cameras, no internet/no cell phones to give alerts to the public... Her body could have been dumped anywhere along the route and the car disposed of in the lake later when the perp no longer needed it (or when this story hit the newspapers two weeks later). If the car in the Michigan lake is connected to this case hopefully they will figure that out with the VIN number. MOO.

Who knows if they can figure out the color under all the mud and tarnish but I thought it looked yellow in some places... My theory would be that she was carjacked, and the carjacker(s) could have used the car to drive to another state. A fugitive wanting to get out of state could do so pretty quickly in a stolen car the 70's-- no license plate readers, no hwy cameras, no internet/no cell phones to give alerts to the public... Her body could have been dumped anywhere along the route and the car disposed of in the lake later when the perp no longer needed it (or when this story hit the newspapers two weeks later). If the car in the Michigan lake is connected to this case hopefully they will figure that out with the VIN number. MOO.

Yes, I thought I saw something yellowish to....It's hard to see but does this car have a brown vinyl top or at least a vinyl top?

Yes, I thought I saw something yellowish to....It's hard to see but does this car have a brown vinyl top or at least a vinyl top?

I can't figure that out either... I tried to find an example photo of one with a brown vinyl top to see what the top looked like but I could not find one that was the exact model and year. But I think it could be vinyl and covered in many layers of mud. Vinyl is a thick plastic material that could last for hundreds of years and not decompose. MOO.

I can't figure that out either... I tried to find an example photo of one with a brown vinyl top to see what the top looked like but I could not find one that was the exact model and year. But I think it could be vinyl and covered in many layers of mud. Vinyl is a thick plastic material that could last for hundreds of years and not decompose. MOO.

I know.....I wonder if the plates where still there....that would be convenient...

It must be something like this car.....
This the color I see....black top....

View attachment 218990

That is what I kept finding online too-- the 1973 Caprice instead of the 1973 Impala. I can't find if the Impala's vinyl top was soft and convertible like the Caprice or if it was a hard vinyl top and fixed in place on the Impala.

@carbuff maybe you can find this info or already know it?
(Welcome back, BTW :):D )

That is what I kept finding online too-- the 1973 Caprice instead of the 1973 Impala. I can't find if the Impala's vinyl top was soft and convertible like the Caprice or if it was a hard vinyl top and fixed in place on the Impala.

@carbuff maybe you can find this info or already know it?
(Welcome back, BTW :):D )

But I think this is the yellowish color....original color IMO

But I think this is the yellowish color....original color IMO

Yes, it could be as both cars were made by Chevrolet. That is the yellow color I think I see on part of the car found in the lake. But it's so hard to tell with so much mud and corrosion on the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back