GUILTY FL - Mark Ward, 7 mos, beaten to death, Lakeland, 6 March 2010

This is just heart-breaking. Mark, you deserved so much more.

I think there is much relevant research coming out lately which should give all parents pause before engaging in new relationships when children, most especially infants, are involved. Both male and female bodies are designed during pregnancy, birth and postpartum to respond to each other as a triad unit, with a hormonal cocktail to cement nurturing bonds. When mom takes up with a new fella, this man has not been prepared biologically to become a homebound family man, occasionally with unreversibly devastating results.

Here's a really informative, though lengthy article. I think it is really well written to make these intricate hormonal interactions understandable.

Nor are fathers left out of the oxytocin equation. It has been shown that a live-in father's oxytocin levels rise toward the end of his mate's pregnancy. When the father spends significant amounts of time in contact with his infant, oxytocin encourages him to become more involved in the ongoing care in a self-perpetuating cycle.

Released in response to nearness and touch, vasopressin promotes bonding between the father and the mother, helps the father recognize and bond to his baby, and makes him want to be part of the family, rather than alone. It has gained a reputation as the "monogamy hormone." Dr. Theresa Crenshaw, author of The Alchemy of Love and Lust, says, "Testosterone wants to prowl, vasopressin wants to stay home." She also describes vasopressin as tempering the man's sexual drive.

Vasopressin reinforces the father's testosterone-promoted protective inclination regarding his mate and child, but tempers his aggression, making him more reasonable and less extreme. By promoting more rational and less capricious thinking, this hormone induces a sensible paternal role, providing stability as well as vigilance.

Prolactin promotes caregiving behaviors and, over time, directs brain reorganization to favor these behaviors . Father's prolactin levels begin to elevate during mother's pregnancy, but most of the rise in the male occurs after many days of cohabitation with the infant.

god speed mark.

may caylee and the rest in the romper room up there welcome you in.......

I'm so sad for this precious little guy. :(

The loss of his life helped four others. According to Ward, his heart went to a 1-year-old girl in Georgia, his liver to a 6-month-old, his kidney to an adult and his intestines to a 4-year-old girl.

Little Eddie gave life to others through his death. His murderer will never equal anything more than the life he stole. Light the heavens littlest one as your light is eternal and pure. Kisses.
07aea809.jpg

source.

perhaps we should not judge the book by the cover, but start to read the story and see where it takes us!!

perhaps we should not judge the book by the cover, but start to read the story and see where it takes us!!

Welcome to WS, squad232.

I'm not sure I understand your post....what story are we to read?

TIA!

Welcome to WS, squad232.

I'm not sure I understand your post....what story are we to read?

TIA!

There is more to a book then the mere words on the cover...the news stories are only the cover! Lets read the book .... there is one hell of a story to follow as the courts bring out the truth. I save my judgement until that time!!

IMO there is more violence towards babies & young children.
There are more step-fathers, boyfriends etc who are taking care of these children. How many times do we read about a baby hurt or killed while in care of a man who is not the babies father, while the mother is at work?
A woman wants to think this new man will love her child just like their own and I believe that is such a huge mistake! It's also a huge mistake to use this man as a babysitter.
Also with families being more spread across the county you don't have the extended family helping out as much to help care for a child. When I was younger and living at home my mother, older sisters and myself all pitched in to do a lot of babysitting. I can tell you those babies were taken care of very well!! Sure there were times you had a baby cry, one in particular was a very very fussy baby. There was not 1 time he was abused! I can't even think of a time any of those babies had a bruise. Sure I can remember getting a bit frustrated and of course wishing he would stop crying, but you just kept trying different things to settle him down.

Now you take that same situation but have a new boyfriend or step-father alone with this baby and it's just such a bad mix IMO, he's already probably jealous of the attention he's getting from the mother and resenting him for that plus money being spent on him and now he has to listen to his loud cries?

I'm not excusing the man who beats/abuses a baby, I simply believe it's a very bad idea to turn them lose with the care for a baby.

VB

I think there are many men very capable of taking care of a baby. Some stay at home and cares for the baby while the mother goes back to work. I think like everything else it is the individual person whether it be a man or woman.

Child Maltreatment Statistics

Age and Sex of Perpetrators
For FFY 2007, 56.5 percent of the perpetrators were women, 42.4 percent were men and 1.1 percent were of unknown sex.2 Women typically were younger than men. The median age was 30 years for women and 33 years for men. Of the women who were perpetrators, more than 40 percent (45.0%) were younger than 30 years of age, compared with one-third of the men (34.5%) (figure 5–1). These proportions have remained consistent for the past few years.

Race and Ethnicity of Perpetrators
The racial distribution of perpetrators was similar to the race of their victims. During FFY 2007, nearly one-half (48.5%) of perpetrators were White and one-fifth (19.0%) were African-American. Approximately 20 percent (19.8%) of perpetrators were Hispanic.3

Perpetrator Relationship
Nearly 80 percent (79.9%) of perpetrators were parents.4 Other relatives accounted for an additional 6.6 percent. Unmarried partners of parents accounted for 4.5 percent (figure 5–2). Of the parents who were perpetrators, nearly 90 percent (87.7%) were biological parents, 4.2 percent were stepparents, and 0.6 percent were adoptive parents.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm07/chapter5.htm#age

squad if you have any info that is helpful we'd love to hear it.

There is more to a book then the mere words on the cover...the news stories are only the cover! Lets read the book .... there is one hell of a story to follow as the courts bring out the truth. I save my judgement until that time!!

I want to follow this case to see justice served for baby Mark....here is the info from public records on Ryan Clarke...I cannot find any records related to this case on Rian Basarich....is there someone else I should be sleuthing?

Ryan Joe Clarke is currently an inmate in Polk County jail...

Inmate Name: CLARKE, RYAN JOE
Booking Number: 2010-005703
Booking Date: 03/10/2010
Race: W Sex: M DOB: 03/27/1980 Height: 506 Weight: 205
Arresting Agency: POLK COUNTY SHERIFF

Charge Number 1
Statute: 782.051(1) CRIMES AGAINST PERSON-SPECIF FELONY COMMIT ACT COULD CAUSE
Charge on arrest docket: ATTEMPTED FELONY MURDER
Bond Type:
Bond Number: Purge Number:
Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00
Surety: 0.00
Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: NO BOND
Disposition:
Upgrade/Reduction:

Charge Number 2
Statute: 827.03(2A) CRUELTY TOWARD CHILD-AGGRAVATED BATTERY ON CHILD
Charge on arrest docket: AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE
Bond Type:
Disposition:
Upgrade/Reduction:

Here's the info from his Case Progress Dockets -- Case#532010CF0015960000XX

03/17/2010 NOTIFICATION OF EXCERCISE OF RIGHTS
03/15/2010 ASA of Record, AGUERO JOHN KAH
03/11/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 4/13/2010
03/11/2010 Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT
03/11/2010 FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING ORDER
03/11/2010 WARRANT SERVED 03/10/2010
03/11/2010 BOOKING SHEET
03/11/2010 APPLICANT UNABLE TO BE INTERVIEWED / INCOMPLETE
03/08/2010 COMPLAINT AFFIDAVIT FILED
03/08/2010 WARRANT ISSUED

Court Appearance Info
04/13/2010 08:15:00 ARRAIGNMENT POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE: D

I want to follow this case to see justice served for baby Mark....here is the info from public records on Ryan Clarke...I cannot find any records related to this case on Rian Basarich....is there someone else I should be sleuthing?

Ryan Joe Clarke is currently an inmate in Polk County jail...

Inmate Name: CLARKE, RYAN JOE
Booking Number: 2010-005703
Booking Date: 03/10/2010
Race: W Sex: M DOB: 03/27/1980 Height: 506 Weight: 205
Arresting Agency: POLK COUNTY SHERIFF

Charge Number 1
Statute: 782.051(1) CRIMES AGAINST PERSON-SPECIF FELONY COMMIT ACT COULD CAUSE
Charge on arrest docket: ATTEMPTED FELONY MURDER
Bond Type:
Disposition:
Upgrade/Reduction:

Charge Number 2
Statute: 827.03(2A) CRUELTY TOWARD CHILD-AGGRAVATED BATTERY ON CHILD
Charge on arrest docket: AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE
Bond Type:
Disposition:
Upgrade/Reduction:

Here's the info from his Case Progress Dockets -- Case#532010CF0015960000XX

03/17/2010 NOTIFICATION OF EXCERCISE OF RIGHTS
03/15/2010 ASA of Record, AGUERO JOHN KAH
03/11/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 4/13/2010
03/11/2010 Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT
03/11/2010 FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING ORDER
03/11/2010 WARRANT SERVED 03/10/2010
03/11/2010 BOOKING SHEET
03/11/2010 APPLICANT UNABLE TO BE INTERVIEWED / INCOMPLETE
03/08/2010 COMPLAINT AFFIDAVIT FILED
03/08/2010 WARRANT ISSUED

Court Appearance Info
04/13/2010 08:15:00 ARRAIGNMENT POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE: D

Justice is more then a mere court docket! FYI- Our legal system as I am assume your referring to as justice only works as well as the human factor that runs it! Hence to term - To error is only human!

Dear God. It is 12:45 am and I NEED to go to bed. WHAT possessed me to read this thread before trying to sleep? I would have so gladly taken that baby for my own.........and he's gone. Why, why, why? Why are so many people now lacking in common human decency?! I don't think that the mom is defending the man, however; I simply think she was stating that she didn't "expect" this of him. Seriously, how would any of us "expect" this of someone...........even a stranger, much less a partner. Then again, she, too, was obviously lacking as a parent. Just too sad. From now on, I'm reading here in the AM, NOT the PM!!!!!!!!! Geeeeeeeeessssshhhhhhhhh............I have four such beautiful children; I cannot imagine. What happened to instinct in humans? Did TV breed it out? Something did!!!

tv does not make people monsters. nor does rap music, heavy metal, twinkies, drugs (your choice to put it in your body, right?) bad parenting (abuse is no excuse). your a monster cause that's what you either, decide to become, or thats what you are mentally when your born.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back