FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he was looking at an investigation, and some money problems. So, he decides to kill his entire family? Now he's looking at prison for life, and being hated by many.
That was his answer to his problems?
I can't even wrap my head around this. Why didn't he just off himself?
I will never understand.

snip from article:
“The family had been evicted from their rental home after being one-month delinquent with their rent but remained in the home, despite owning a home tat was just 500 feet down the street.”

Sorry if I missed an earlier discussion about this, but ***WHY*** were they renting a place when they owned a condo so nearby? I’m perplexed by so much about this case, but I feel sure that all of the pieces will come together before too long. What a horrific thing this man did. IMO/MOO

I’m shocked how little traction this case is getting everywhere. Link below, TTs dad paid someone to kill his mom. She survived.
Link about Tony's mother's shooting Com. v. Todt

Holy crap! I totally scrolled by this before. I have to make dinner but will read this and catch up later (when I should be sleeping). I’m stunned right now!!!!

Attachments

• 347B2623-727D-45A0-BA5F-F5AF778F5A13.jpeg
    347B2623-727D-45A0-BA5F-F5AF778F5A13.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 69653ABC-5819-4EB8-A412-291768AD26F6.jpeg
    69653ABC-5819-4EB8-A412-291768AD26F6.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 326
snip from article:
“The family had been evicted from their rental home after being one-month delinquent with their rent but remained in the home, despite owning a home tat was just 500 feet down the street.”

Sorry if I missed an earlier discussion about this, but ***WHY*** were they renting a place when they owned a condo so nearby? I’m perplexed by so much about this case, but I feel sure that all of the pieces will come together before too long. What a horrific thing this man did. IMO/MOO

No earlier discussion and no answers either. It doesn’t make logical sense right now maybe after first presser.

snip from article:

I don't know for sure but I believe the condo is 2 bedroom and the house was 4 bedroom with an in-law suite. Maybe with the kids getting older it was hard all 3 sharing a room?

Perhaps they rented the other residence? Or it was too small?
The place they were renting at 202 Reserve looked like rent in the $4,000 to $4,800 per month range. If times were that hard, they could have moved in with family.
So instead of killing himself, he killed his family. :(

Wow, if these are accurate, his parents were young when they had him (16 & 18). He was born in '71 and this happened in '80.

Also....I have no words about the fact that dad tried to murder his wife and son likely did murder his wife.

I’m shocked how little traction this case is getting everywhere. Link below, TTs dad paid someone to kill his mom. She survived.
Link about Tony's mother's shooting Com. v. Todt
Interesting. Did anyone see what happened at the
resentencing? So Anthony must have already been born, but where were the kid(s) during the attempted murder? I can't imagine his mother staying with the father having a bullet in the head. I can't find out what the final sentencing was.

snip from article:

condo was 2 bedroom iirc.

So, he was looking at an investigation, and some money problems. So, he decides to kill his entire family? Now he's looking at prison for life, and being hated by many.
That was his answer to his problems?
I can't even wrap my head around this. Why didn't he just off himself?
I will never understand.

After following cases for many decades I'm of the firm opinion some folks are just wired wrong so to speak. There can be a myriad of reasons in their minds which lead them to such reprehensible acts. Not saying those reasons are logical by any means and certainly not saying these folks are legally insane.

This is a despicable and heartbreaking crime.

ETA: Sorry quoted post didn't format.
OMG :eek:
His defense attorney will be all over this. :rolleyes:

I remember the case of a man who murdered his wife and a few years before his Father had murdered his Mother. IIRC the Father had dementia or used that as a defense. I want to say it was SC and I believe the family had a jewelry business.

So, what are the possible theories?

Mine is: TT business was failing. Money was super tight (closing practice, lapsed license, eviction notice). This sets up the classic family annihilator scenario. He kills the wife and kids (and probably dog) sometime around Christmas - most likely before. I bet we find there were no Christmas gifts. He stays quiet for a while, but ends up confessing to his family that "something bad" has happened or is going to happen to his family. Sufficiently vague but alarming. The sisters set up the FB page trying not to spook him but just get info from friends, etc - my guess is he hasn't told them he actually killed the family, maybe only threats. That would explain the extra cautious odd behavior of the sisters. Then, the FB group goes viral, the neighbor calls the police and police go to investigate again and boom, he's actually there, gets arrested, family found, etc.

-- Two facts that don't jive with the 'family falls of financial cliff' theory is (1) they owned a condo in the same neighborhood that is valued at $277,000 which was purchased in 2005 and (2) Megan, his wife, still retained her license to practice as a physical therapist. If they were on hard financial times, I don't understand why they don't just live in the condo - it might be a bit cramped, but the house they were renting was over $40000/month. If the condo was too small and unbearable, they certainly could have found a much more affordable rental home in Orlando area. The family did live in the condo for a short period of time waiting for the rental house to be ready. I can't say if the condo is vacant or not, or if they rented it out as a source of income. I also can't say if the condo is mortgaged or owned outright.

Attachments

• Todt Florida Condo - Propery Record Oceola County (01-14-20).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • megan todt state of CT medical license lookup details.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 15
Interesting. Did anyone see what happened at the
resentencing? So Anthony must have already been born, but where were the kid(s) during the attempted murder? I can't imagine his mother staying with the father having a bullet in the head. I can't find out what the final sentencing was.

Attachments

• E663F0F0-FDBA-401F-A734-D6FAD5FD0C91.jpeg
    E663F0F0-FDBA-401F-A734-D6FAD5FD0C91.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics