GUILTY FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, murdered, Celebration, Jan 2020 #2

Looking for the Todt family podcast has released Season 2 and it’s really good. The last episode is speaking with a juror and it’s really well done.
This is such a brutal crime and Anthony is a monster for what he did and that is absolutely confirmed at his trial.

I've read at least one interview given by AT's father. Not sure WHY he would even go on record to make any comments. He should tuck his tail and run and avoid the press. There is no way he can account for what he was convicted of doing and there is no way he can account for what his son is convicted of having done.

It's repulsive to me that a married man and father can think he can hire a hitman to take out his wife and then use his affair partner as his alibi! There is clearly (to me) something wrong with the thinking process of both father and son, IMO. In other words, all of these things make sense to only them.

All JMO
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, IMO

Just browsing a little, looks like he had 30 days to appeal, but I can't see that he did. Has anyone else run across an appeal?

There is an interesting, solid interview with one of the jurors. Re convincing the one hold out to change his mind. Apparently the jury heard absolutely nothing about the federal fraud charges against AT, and were lead to believe that the only reason LE was there that day was for a wellness check.

Maybe posters have discussed this previously. He could have got off because the jury did not know of the motives resulting from the fraud charges.

Such an abomination. Yet more kids and mommies taking the brunt and losing their lives in gruesome ways due to weak, cowardly man's inability to deal with self-caused stress.

Imo

Last edited:
Just browsing a little, looks like he had 30 days to appeal, but I can't see that he did. Has anyone else run across an appeal?

There is an interesting, solid interview with one of the jurors. Re convincing the one hold out to change his mind. Apparently the jury heard absolutely nothing about the federal fraud charges against AT, and were lead to believe that the only reason LE was there that day was for a wellness check.

Maybe posters have discussed this previously. He could have got off because the jury did not know of the motives resulting from the fraud charges.

Such an abomination. Yet more kids and mommies taking the brunt and losing their lives in gruesome ways due to weak, cowardly man's inability to deal with self-caused stress.

Imo
Shocking that he could have been acquitted. This was a monstrous crime perpetrated by a manipulative evil man - IMO.
Edited to add - I guess it would have been a hung jury, not acquittal.

Shocking that he could have been acquitted. This was a monstrous crime perpetrated by a manipulative evil man - IMO.
Edited to add - I guess it would have been a hung jury, not acquittal.
Here is the link to the "deadlocked" jury. But then the jury did decide to unanimously find him guilty of the 4 murders and one count of animal cruelty, for killing Breezy too. Then the judge "threw the book at him. But, inbetween those 2 accounts the jury is said to have spent many hours trying to convince the one man who was a holdout. I can't post it as the original msm article is under paywall, but there is a good video of the interview of the juror, not under paywall.

Imo

Re bold/red - per my notes:
4/27/22 Update: Todt has appealed his conviction & sentence to the Fifth District Court.

He was sentenced on 4/14/22.

I can not access the Osceola County court site though. Maybe @Countem - can help - they were my help on the court dates.

4/27/22 Update: Todt has appealed his conviction & sentence to the Fifth District Court.

I can not access the Osceola County court site though. Maybe @Countem - can help - they were my help on the court dates.
thank you, Niner. I didn't follow this case here, but in the last few days I've seen every video I can find. This guy is something else, claiming that among other things his wife stabbed herself twice with a 6 inch knife and was calm!y conversing with him, that she couldn't locate her inferior vena cava with the knife so she asked him to suffocate her since she couldn't make herself bleed out. In the trial I thought the prosecution attorney was ineffectual with her random questioning. That juror said that many of the jurors were turned off by Todt's obvious disdain for her, and his sarcasm.

thank you, Niner. I didn't follow this case here, but in the last few days I've seen every video I can find. This guy is something else, claiming that among other things his wife stabbed herself twice with a 6 inch knife and was calm!y conversing with him, that she couldn't locate her inferior vena cava with the knife so she asked him to suffocate her since she couldn't make herself bleed out. In the trial I thought the prosecution attorney was ineffectual with her random questioning. That juror said that many of the jurors were turned off by Todt's obvious disdain for her, and his sarcasm.
There is a great podcast about the case as well “Looking for the Todt family”.
Yes, he did himself no favours taking the stand. You could see his true personality come out.

There is a great podcast about the case as well “Looking for the Todt family”.
Yes, he did himself no favours taking the stand. You could see his true personality come out.
Thanks, that has one of the episodes I was referring to. The juror sounds solid, is obviously intelligent with a command of the language, thoughtful and tactful. If I understood correctly, they convinced the hold out juror after 7 hours, to consider that if they let him go, that is that. But if found guilty, he can appeal and give evidence he feels was not included, or, worse, suppress any mention of his lengthy confession.
Which is why I was asking about an appeal.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Todt’s defense attorney plans to contest the trial judge’s decisions on several key points including allowing prosecutors to show jurors photographs of the victims, barring defense attorneys from discussing Todt’s mental health, and allowing jurors to hear Todt’s initial confession.

Yes, he has appealed. Based on the Osceola Clerk of the Circuit Court website, here are key happenings since sentencing.

4/19/2022ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR APPEAL PURPOSES
4/19/2022NOTICE OF APPEAL TO CIRCUIT COURT
4/22/2022ELECTRONIC APPEAL FILING CONFIRMATION PAGE(S)
4/22/2022ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE

7/8/2022DESIGNATION OF OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER OF THE SEVENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT AS COUNSEL FOR APPELLANT
7/12/2022ORDER OF THE COURT (5TH DCA) GRANTING APPELLANT'S MOTION TO SUPPLEMENT THE RECORD ON APPEAL
7/27/2022TRANSCRIPT OF PRETRIAL MOTIONS ON JANUARY 21, 2022
1/3/2023ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF TRANSFERRED CASE 6D23-1278

I realize that there are lots of other questions I could ask about this case (and I have followed it from the beginning) but do we know why they did not live in the condo that they supposedly owned? Why were they renting another place in the same area?

I realize that there are lots of other questions I could ask about this case (and I have followed it from the beginning) but do we know why they did not live in the condo that they supposedly owned? Why were they renting another place in the same area?
Over the years, liens had been placed on a condo that the family owned in Celebration, just blocks from their rental home at 202 Reserve Place.

On Dec. 22, the landlord of the family's condo at Reserve Place filed an eviction notice, serving the family on Dec. 26.

Over 6 months since the last post about the monster Todt. What is the status of his appeal? Anyone?

Using that site, I am seeing a document dated April 18, 2023 and filed on May 12, 2023 relating to AT’s appeal that states “Per curiam. Affirmed.” which makes me wonder if he lost appeal and the previous ruling was affirmed. Can anyone with “legalese” knowledge confirm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back