GUILTY FL - Meredith Jessie, 6, & Mark Weekly, 50, Lakeland, 18 July 2015 *Arrest*

Yes. It happens more often than you think

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Which mental disorder is the one that usually does not manifest until late adolescence? Maybe that is the one I am thinking of.

Bipolar disorder can be seen in such young children but I thought schizophrenia did not manifest until later.

bbm in the quotes, which are from this link: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/missing-6-year-old-polk-county-girl-grandfather-fo/nnBhz/

That's a heavy diagnosis. And I have to wonder if her symptoms/behavior (besides murdering her family members, of course) worsened after the recent medication. With that dual diagnosis -- you could be looking at some pretty drastic unexpected reactions to the wrong med/combination of meds. And while it may not be an "excuse" ...mental illness may very well be the cause here. This is not a "she murdered and then was diagnosed" scenario. She was already diagnosed. If the diagnosis is accurate, there is no telling what may have been in her head when this happened.(*** Please see my ETA below, as I was misunderstanding the article...sorry!)

Such a sad, sad story.

I read something a long time back that resonated with me -- and I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where, and I am paraphrasing from my memory of it... something like: People think crazy people don't make plans. But they do -- they make crazy plans. (no offense intended with the word "crazy" -- that word itself WAS in the original, I remember that much)

ETA: OK, I'm totally confused now.
Thought this was saying the mom was the one recently diagnosed and put on meds...but now I realize it says Meredith, which is the little girl, right? Anyhow, so I guess I misunderstood...but the family seems to be bringing mental illness into the discussion about the mom, too -- so I DO wonder if maybe she has a similar diagnosis...? I'm very sorry for misunderstanding the reference to to the recent diagnosis and bringing confusion here...but, IMO, the article is written in a way that kind of leads that way.

I think there is an error in the article when it says Meredith was recently diagnosed. When you read it all it talks about how Jessie is unstable in her friendships.

Nancy Grace covered this case last week, Mon? Tues? As soon as I seen this < My modsnip> face, I saw evil that night.

They are together at peace away from her. Pro DP

I think there is an error in the article when it says Meredith was recently diagnosed. When you read it all it talks about how Jessie is unstable in her friendships.

Listen to the video, though. At 2:48, Both of Meredith's great-aunts speak, and say Cheyenne had mental issues, just like her mother and her grandmother and then they continue to say they just diagnosed Meredith, too, with the same problems. So 4 generations.

It's not clear who they meant had just been put on medication for it, whether Cheyenne or Meredith, but it does sound like they were still talking about Meredith. IMO.

Both diseases can be detected early on, but are somewhat controversial because the brain is still developing. Psychosis is the one that still lacks much clinical evidence for early detection, though there are plenty of cases of it which have been studied.

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=491812

In my own general assessment of Cheyenne, it appears she took a steep detour in the last year. Her interests started to get darker, her SM participation less frequent, and now as we see in her mug shot she has dyed her hair black. Combined with her reported history of being unstable and possibly being abusive to her daughter, it fits with an untreated case of bi polar I, borderline or schizophrenic break. I agree with what someone said upthread about her needing to be right, or in control, and that being the motivator. With borderline individuals in particular, a father figure invalidating your decisions, "getting on your back"about your poor parenting, threatening your relationship with someone you glorify as a "savior"(IMO) combined with a consuming resentment towards your child is a recipe for disaster.

I am so sorry for this little girl, to come into the world already against odds by potentilly inheriting a brain disorder, and then having to endure mental or physical abuse from the most important person in her short life.

This. Why did she not just ask her father if he would take over the parenting so she could do what it was she needed to do? It wouldn't have won her mother of the year, but at least they'd be alive.

Exactly! Walk away if you can't be a parent anymore.. I'm sure Grandpa would have taken care of baby girl. Just walk away!!!
I'm having a hard time with this one. I just don't understand the mentality here and the cold empty nothing that must be at work in this woman's soul.
Very very sad.

Exactly! Walk away if you can't be a parent anymore.. I'm sure Grandpa would have taken care of baby girl. Just walk away!!!
I'm having a hard time with this one. I just don't understand the mentality here and the cold empty nothing that must be at work in this woman's soul.
Very very sad.

I don't understand either. If she had such hatred for her father and didn't want her daughter to stay with him, she could have left Meredith with other family members, friends or signed her over for adoption.

This little girl was just added to NamUs about a week ago.
For some reason NamUs lists her as an "adolescent", but that's got to be incorrect.

UP#14212

Race: White
Sex: Female
Postmortem interval: 2015 to 2015

CIRCUMSTANCES
Child skeletal remains found while executing a search warrant

Dentals and DNA are available but not yet entered.

is this the home where that woman murdered her father and daughter?

This little girl was just added to NamUs about a week ago.
For some reason NamUs lists her as an "adolescent", but that's got to be incorrect.

UP#14212

Race: White
Sex: Female
Postmortem interval: 2015 to 2015

CIRCUMSTANCES
Child skeletal remains found while executing a search warrant

Dentals and DNA are available but not yet entered.

further... 8/2 is when these bodies were found.... i didnt see anything in the news about it.

The fact that they are saying 6 yo, does that mean they have an idea of her identity?

That's my guess, especially since they found the remains with a search warrant. They could have been searching the home for another reason, but I interpret this as they know who this child is but identification is still pending. Everything adds up to this being Meredith Jessie, but it seems odd they'd put her in Namus.

Yeah, I figured they had a good idea of who the child was.

I wasn't able to find anything in the news though, which is pretty weird. The only results I got for "Lakeland child remains found" and similar Google searches were about an older man whose body was found in late July. I had to be at work 20 minutes later so I decided to post the thread anyway and do more research when I got home.

@FiveFelines - I think some police departments have a policy where they enter any human remains they find into NamUs, even if they have a tentative ID for the person. I know that the remains of that family up in Alaska (I think the parents + two kids and their dog) were entered into NamUs even though they pretty much knew who the bones belonged to. Which is how it should be done.

That's my guess, especially since they found the remains with a search warrant. They could have been searching the home for another reason, but I interpret this as they know who this child is but identification is still pending. Everything adds up to this being Meredith Jessie, but it seems odd they'd put her in Namus.

They have to go into NamUs, iirc, due to the processing of the dna by UNTCHI
http://www.untfsu.com/DNAInstructions.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong