Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
The Doe Network:
Case File 1542UMFL

1542UMFL.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Samantha Steinberg

Unidentified White Male
  • The victim was discovered on October 3, 1997 in Miami Beach, Miami-Dade County, Florida

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 74-75 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 64"; 93 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight gray, 5 inch long hair; blue eyes.
    [*]Tattoos: A horse's head surrounded by a horse shoe wreath is over the right forearm.
  • Clothing: Levi jeans cut off at the thigh level, brown speedo style underwear.
  • Dentals: Available. Most teeth missing.
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Available; University of North Texas.
1542UMFL1.jpg

Tattoo

Case History
The victim was located in a vehicle parked in the rear of the building at 7310 Collins Avenue.
He was a homeless man who slept in his truck and was known by the name of "Scotti Pottsfield."
He was last seen alive by neighbors at about 20:00, October 2, 1997.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Miami-Dade County Medical Examiners Office
305-545-2425

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
1997-2372

Source Information:
Namus

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1542umfl.html

I searched for missing men with a horseshoe tattoo and found Joseph Antczak, who went missing from Milwaukee in 1984. I don't know whether he's a good candidate or not.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/4565dmwi.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/antczak_joseph.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9475/62/
(UID: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1542umfl.html)

height 64": exact match according to Doenet; Namus says 65"

age in 1997: 77, slightly over the UID's 74-75

gray hair, blue eyes: exact match

weight: 120 lbs, versus UID's 93 lbs. (That's awfully light. I wonder if malnutrition contributed to his death?)

facial resemblance: they seem to have the same overall look and style, including big ears.

Negatives: Antczak has several other tattoos not mentioned on the UID. He has a hip replacement and bad leg that isn't mentioned for the UID.

What do you think? Close enough to check whether the UID's information is incomplete?

Side by side of Joseph Antczak and the UID

Attachments

• Antczak with FL UID.png
    Antczak with FL UID.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
I think it's a good match. Maybe they didn't mention all of the UID's tattoos. I would submit it.

I see similarities. Since the UID is a reconstruction, it may not look like an exact match.

Didn't see a thread for this unidentified person. Apologies if there already is one.

NamUs #UP5674
Original

Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number: 1997-2372

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 60-75
Estimated Year of Death: 1997
Height: 5' 4"(64 inches) , Measured
Weight: 93 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Found: October 3, 1997
NamUs Case Created: July 30, 2009
ME/C QA Reviewed: December 28, 2011
Location Found Map
Street Address: 7310 Collins Avenue (rear)Miami Beach, Florida
County: Miami-Dade County
Circumstances of Recovery: The deceased was found in a vehicle parked in the rear of the building.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: straight gray, 5 inch long
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features
Tattoo: A horse's head surrounded by a horse shoe wreath is over the right forearm
Link to tattoo image (Warning: postmortem photo, but is not graphic)

Clothing
-Levi 505 style jeans (that are cut off into shorts), size W 34 L 30 -gray underwear with dark colored dots

No missing persons exclusions.

ME/C QA Reviewed: December 28, 2011

Any idea if ME stands for medical examiner here? Did they pull DNA in 2011?

I think this man must have been homeless. The location he was found is beachside near a number of small public parks. Homeless people sometimes move from one park to another frequently. There would be public facilities available and many small businesses in the area.

The tattoo is indicative of him having disposable income at some point. I wonder if he was from the Ocala, FL area or even Kentucky with the horse and rose combo. Just a thought.

I think this man must have been homeless. The location he was found is beachside near a number of small public parks. Homeless people sometimes move from one park to another frequently. There would be public facilities available and many small businesses in the area.

The tattoo is indicative of him having disposable income at some point. I wonder if he was from the Ocala, FL area or even Kentucky with the horse and rose combo. Just a thought.

Yes, his Doenetwork page confirms he was homeless and lived in his vehicle: 1542UMFL

Interesting thought about the horse connection. He's small enough to have been a jockey or trainer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back