FL FL - Miami Beach, WhtMale UP6736, 30-40, 6'7" & 335 lbs, drowned, Dec'09

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by starburst, Jan 17, 2011.

1. starburst

starburst New Member

This one bothers me very much. This is a VERY large man. 6'7, 350 pounds? Full set of hair. Found shortly after death in the water at Miami. Someone must be missing this man and there cant be that many missing men with this characteristics. I have done searches, to no avail yet. The estimate time of death was pretty short before finding. This one seems like it should be easy. Perhaps one of you has methods/resources that I dont have. Just seems to haunt me. I thought of the possibility that he floated in from Cuba, but Im not sure how long that would take.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6736

2. Loading...

3. CN2Souls

CN2Souls I am BACCCCKKKKK

http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/12/2...g-on-sobe.html

Posted on Thursday, 12.24.09
    Large man found floating on SoBe dies
    A large man was found floating face down off South Beach early Thursday, Miami Beach police said.

Police were trying to identify the man, who was six feet nine inches tall and weighed 275 to 335 pounds.

About 2 a.m., two passersby saw the man floating near 16th Street, pulled him ashore and tried to revive him. Miami Beach Fire Rescue arrived minutes later and could not resuscitate the man, whom police described as white and between the ages of 35 and 45.

Police did not say whether there were any signs of trauma to the man's body.

Investigators asked anyone with information to call Miami Beach police at 305-673-7900.

http://cbs4.com/local/body.delano.hotel.2.1389317.html

Comments Dec 24, 2009 7:04 am US/Eastern Body Pulled From Water Behind Delano Hotel
    Reporting
    Sharrie Williams
    E-mail MIAMI BEACH (CBS4) ―

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows CBS4 Holiday Homes 2009 For Chuckles: Politicians Goofing Off 2009 Celebrity Deaths Bitter Storm Slams East Coast A body washed ashore early Thursday morning behind the Delano Hotel on Miami Beach.

Miami Beach police say they received a 911 call around 2 a.m. from a woman who said she was trying to pull a body out of the water near 17th Street and Collins Avenue. Rescuers attempted to revive the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Homicide detectives are trying to determine if this was an accidental drowning or if foul play was involved.

Police have not released the man's and would only confirm that the body was that of a white male between 35 and 45 years of age, and between 275 and 335 pounds. He was wearing black shorts and New Balance shoes.

4. webrocket

webrocket New Member

I don't think he floated in from Cuba wearing New Balance sneakers.

the lack of hair on the lower legs and ankles is interesting. not quite sure what to make of it though.

5. CN2Souls

I know some nationalities don't grow much hair, Like myself, I have almost no hair on my arms and legs, and I am Have German and Half French…

6. AsoldiersGrits

AsoldiersGrits New Member

I took the "hairless" to mean he had shaved his legs.IDK... which led me to think (based on his size) he could be a bodybuilder or a world strongest man competitor..

7. CN2Souls

Maybe he fell off a cruise ship that was out in the "water way straight" that go around florida and no one missed him because he was traveling alone.

Here is a website that shows how often this happens

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

8. belfastgirl73

belfastgirl73 New Member

9. belfastgirl73

belfastgirl73 New Member

10. webrocket

webrocket New Member

11. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

NAMUS says "Height (inches) 79, Measured " -- which is 6'7", which is only off by 2".

He looks very close to me, even facially.

13. webrocket

webrocket New Member

the UID seems to have a rounder face than Daniels but there are not that many missing men who are that tall.

14. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

But the UID doesn't have a Fleur de Lis tattoo.

15. belfastgirl73

belfastgirl73 New Member

MY BAD! I was so busy looking for missing males that height that I didn't even notice the Fleur de lis tattll mentioned!! :crazy:

You live and learn.

16. belfastgirl73

belfastgirl73 New Member

Something keeps on popping in to my head about 2 family guys who set out to sail from Miami to the Bahamas but never arrived and have been missing since. I am almost certain it was around that time but I can't for the life of me remember the names! Anyone? I don't think there was ever any height or weight details given for them though.

Just a random thought!

17. carbuff

Oops, I missed it, too -- though I wouldn't want to take absence of a mention in NAMUS as meaning the tattoo absolutely wasn't there. Some (many) of the entries only include the barest outline of the details...

18. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've seen plenty of those NamUs casefiles where there are no details at all.

But in this instance, they did take the time to enter some details in the Physical/Medical, Clothing/Accessories, Dentals, and Fingerprints sections. So I would be less inclined to suspect that a major identifying feature such as a tattoo would be omitted in error.

19. carbuff

Yeah, I agree it's unlikely in this case. They do seem to have been careful.

20. belfastgirl73

belfastgirl73 New Member

OT a little bit here but in response to the mention of lack of hair on legs - I know that a lot of sportsmen do this, supposedly to cut down on wind resistance or drag. In particular swimmers, runners and cyclists. Considering how he was found I would guess a swimmer? Just a thought.

21. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

Attached Files: