FL FL - Miami Lakes, Wht Fem 25-35 UP6098 found in lake Oct 96

Ugg, that shirt....
A white Zotto tank top, size large, was wrapped around her head. The shirt had blue trim around the neck and arm openings with a red globe graphic in the middle reading "POPULAR, "A World Art," "Best Collection," "London Company," "A 100% quality​

I did a cursory search for “Zotto” brand and actually did find one clothing company based in London, but the dates did not line up.
Plus, I can’t imagine a veritable U.K. company massacring the Queen’s English to such a degree.
Traveling in Europe in the ‘80’s I remember cheaply produced casual clothing with random English phrasing plastered on them. Maybe not just European produced, but Chinese as well?

I think you are correct @MagicCityMan. The killer was acquainted with the Doe and s/he covered her face for the reasons you stated. The shirt is more likely linked to the killer, not the Doe.
Would love to hear others’ thoughts on the shirt and if anyone else thinks it could have a possible European connection.

Since Park’s fingerprints were found in Ms. Fledderman’s vehicle, IMO he should be a strong suspect for her disappearance as well as her boyfriend’s murder. Your question as to whether Parks had a Miami area connection is right on point.

I stumbled across a blog that had been written almost a year ago about the crimes that sent Parks to prison, the Brannon homicides. I posted a question asking if the author thought Parks was involved with Fledderman and Blanton. No reply at this time.

The Brannon Homicides Confession
The author stated that she was in touch with Parks. Maybe she would have insight as to if Parks had any connections in Miami/Hialeah? I’d be thrilled if you would like to reach out to her- possibly more discreetly than I did. Thanks!

Still no reply to your post. Did you see in the blog where it said that he wouldn't look at his victim's sister when she made her impact statement?? That gave me a chill. Kinda consistent with covering the face of your victim as your putting her in a box. I'm starting to think @snowgoose is right on the money but I just can't figure out how LE wouldn't have made the connection already in 25 years.
Purely speculating of course....

No reply yet from the emails I sent. If I have time later this week I might try another search for relevant contacts and send a couple more emails. However, I found a site mentioning that Jane Doe had "plastic dental fillings typical of South American dentists" (source: A CLOSER LOOK CASE # 785 UFFL 1996 W/H 25 to 35 yrs.) which if true makes it less likely to be Linda Fledderman. Although those assumptions about dental work specific to different parts of the world have been wrong before.

I agree that the shirt wrapped around Jane Doe's head suggests the killer didn't want to see her face, but I don't think it was necessarily his own shirt. I would think it's more likely to belong to the victim since the killer would know that his own shirt could be incriminating evidence, and I can think of other cases where victims were restrained with or wrapped up in their own clothes. Then again, it was size large, and Jane Doe was small, and the design does sound more like a man's shirt.

Either way, it doesn't really get us anywhere since it seems to be an older cheap clothing brand that has left no trace on the Internet (I tried googling it too).

No reply yet from the emails I sent. If I have time later this week I might try another search for relevant contacts and send a couple more emails. However, I found a site mentioning that Jane Doe had "plastic dental fillings typical of South American dentists" (source: A CLOSER LOOK CASE # 785 UFFL 1996 W/H 25 to 35 yrs.) which if true makes it less likely to be Linda Fledderman. Although those assumptions about dental work specific to different parts of the world have been wrong before.

I agree that the shirt wrapped around Jane Doe's head suggests the killer didn't want to see her face, but I don't think it was necessarily his own shirt. I would think it's more likely to belong to the victim since the killer would know that his own shirt could be incriminating evidence, and I can think of other cases where victims were restrained with or wrapped up in their own clothes. Then again, it was size large, and Jane Doe was small, and the design does sound more like a man's shirt.

Either way, it doesn't really get us anywhere since it seems to be an older cheap clothing brand that has left no trace on the Internet (I tried googling it too).

South American would make a lot of sense. There are, of course, many many people from South America in Miami. A lot of countries in South America have significant white populations...think Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Paraguay etc. People sometimes seem to be confused by that. You can be 100% white and still be hispanic. If she is Brazilian then she wouldn't even technically be hispanic at all.
It could be that she had no other family here and the husband said "she left me and I have no idea where she is" or even told them she passed away of natural causes and her family didn't have the means or know how to look into it any further. Meanwhile, he tells friends and family here that she went back to her country of origin.
This could make it difficult to ID her because even DNA might not get any hits

Thanks. I sent the NamUs rep (it's the same one for both cases) the same email, letting her know that I'd already contacted Miami-Dade. Still couldn't find emails for the other contacts, but I'll wait and see what response I get from the first two emails. I'll update in this thread if I hear anything back!

I got a reply today from Carrie Sutherland of NamUs. She says they'll review the information and notify the investigating agencies, and of course results of any comparison may not be made public.

So nothing new to report, but still wonderful to hear that the suggestion is being followed up.

I got a reply today from Carrie Sutherland of NamUs. She says they'll review the information and notify the investigating agencies, and of course results of any comparison may not be made public.

So nothing new to report, but still wonderful to hear that the suggestion is being followed up.

The Louise Fledderman suggestion?

Thank you for confirming! I'm glad they followed through and checked, even though it wasn't a match.

It's sad that this case gets so little attention. I wish DNA Doe Project or one of the other forensic genealogy companies would take it on.

Drove directly next to where this young woman was found in a box today so I figured I'd give it the old bumparooski. One ammendment I will make to something I posted earlier: no way the box floated down the canal to that spot. I took note of everything floating in that canal for a mile in from the discovery point and nothing moves at all. No current whatsoever...palm fronds, 2x4s just sitting still. Whomever put that box in the water did so exactly where she was found which was quite bold considering the apartment complex right behind the canal with plenty of windows overlooking.

Exclusion list:

MP52271 Linda Fledderman 08/16/1996 Manatee FL (added twice)
MP4480 Paula Burnette 09/17/1996 Hamilton TN
-- Ginette Landry 04/04/1994 -- --
MP9366 Angela Williams 07/10/1995 Harrison MS
MP7503 Michelle Maitland 09/12/1996 Pierce WA
MP52 Heather Teague 08/26/1995 Henderson KY
MP5353 Lurline Bergeron 07/01/1991 Palm Beach FL
MP6312 Desiree Lopez 08/15/1996 Miami-Dade FL
MP1372 Clarissa Culberson 08/28/1996 Clinton OH
MP16945 Colleen Voitik McHugh 04/17/1994 Will IL
MP12243 Luz Rodriguez 08/25/1989 Miami-Dade FL
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL