FL - Michael Nieves, 15, stabbed to death, Orlando, 19 Oct 2006

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by dark_shadows, Oct 19, 2006.

1. dark_shadows

dark_shadows Former Member

I just got off the phone with my mother.She lives in Florida.She was telling me about this.I have not seen this on any other news station.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

link

The 15-year-old male student was stabbed at University High School Thursday as school was letting out has died, according to Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary.

Jim Solomons from the Orange County Sheriff's Office said the incident began with a verbal altercation during the lunch period between two students. It escalated when school let out. A fight broke out between the victim, identified as Michael Nieves, and the stabbing suspect, during which Nieves was stabbed.

2. Loading...

3. angelwngs

angelwngs New Member

4. dark_shadows

dark_shadows Former Member

Another link from Florida;

News4Jax

Thank-you angelwngs for the other link.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

5. eve

eve New Member

Nancy Grace covered it tonight and I felt she was lumping it into the school violence issue. In some ways true, but she kept saying "When are we going to take action and make sure kids can't bring weapons to school?" I am a teacher - how in the world do we do that? My school was broke after putting in two drinking fountains this year (small alternative school for troubled kids). Metal detectors aren't realistic everywhere. Oh boy, I don't want to have to search kids every day. I have to sometimes and I hate it! I think I will have to find yet another career. This is depressing.

Eve

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

From April 2007:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...elvin-de-la-la-cruz-convicted-of-first-degree

From June 2007:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/de-la-cruz-sentenced-to-60-years-in-prison-for-kil/nFB7p/