Fl - Michael Shaver, 36, murdered, Clermont, 2015 *Wife and teen arrested 2023*

I just realized I was wrong about her bail. She has a $2000 bail on one charge but no bail from the murder charge. I also found another article that gives a lot of background. My daughter wouldn't know her because she too is from New York and they moved here.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO. It takes a special kind of evil to take a photo with her new “husband” over the burial place of her missing husband. To keep up the facade for so long via Facebook, text messages, etc. Making purchases on his debit card until she ran it out of funds. And that tattoo description, really? What a nasty piece of trash she is.

IMO. It takes a special kind of evil to take a photo with her new “husband” over the burial place of her missing husband. To keep up the facade for so long via Facebook, text messages, etc. Making purchases on his debit card until she ran it out of funds. And that tattoo description, really? What a nasty piece of trash she is.

Yep. I feel like Laurie Leigh and Lori Daybell Vallow might become BFFs -- that Good Book by the Graveside shot is right outta the Chad n' Lori playbook -- although there might be some principled disagreements over scriptural readings and who gets to be the most goddessy goddess. I also expect her to lay out a DV/self-defence narrative at trial, if the case gets there.

I'm surprised that, given the pile of evidence from CC records to suspicious text and SM activity it took this long to a) search the family acreage and b) arrest her, especially with kids involved. But I guess they had her in the frame from the beginning and were just filling in the picture.

Wow. There should be no bail. She is quite the flight risk IMO.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/04/florida-judge-grants-bail-to-woman-accused-of-killing-burying-husband/

The Lake County jail released Shaver Thursday night.

She was ordered to wear an ankle monitor and to have no contact with her husband’s family, the station reported.

At the time, she was dating Travis Filmer, the father of her two youngest children, according to the station.

In addition, WOFL reported that Filmer told a prosecutor at a bond hearing Thursday that he never asked her how the body wound up in the backyard.

“No sir, not with her,” he said, according to the station. “I specifically stated we don’t need to talk about it. It’s none of my business,”

Wow. There should be no bail. She is quite the flight risk IMO.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/04/florida-judge-grants-bail-to-woman-accused-of-killing-burying-husband/

The Lake County jail released Shaver Thursday night.

She was ordered to wear an ankle monitor and to have no contact with her husband’s family, the station reported.

At the time, she was dating Travis Filmer, the father of her two youngest children, according to the station.

In addition, WOFL reported that Filmer told a prosecutor at a bond hearing Thursday that he never asked her how the body wound up in the backyard.

“No sir, not with her,” he said, according to the station. “I specifically stated we don’t need to talk about it. It’s none of my business,”

WOW. Don’t think I’d let that slide with my spouse but to each their own.

Since I’ve been reminded about this case I thought I’d add a little insight here. First is the disposal of the body. That it was buried on the property speaks to their lack of knowledge about Florida. If you look at a map of the address you will see a lot of lakes in the immediate area (this is Lake County after all). Had they simply dumped the body in any of those very isolated lakes the gators would have removed all evidence. They weren’t as smart as they thought. One thing she did that was smart was to hire an attorney. She hired a private attorney and he seems pretty good at placing doubt. In the video I posted he speaks of another man she was dating when Michael disappeared. He doesn’t name the man but does give a lot of detail about the guy. He claims that detectives were given this information but didn’t investigate him thoroughly. He claims this boyfriend is the one that said to get concrete and how much etc. I guess that defense must have been laid aside if they are having plea negotiations. I do respect our local courts. I was very impressed with them, including the public defenders, when I served on jury duty for a 1st degree murder/arson trial.

Since I’ve been reminded about this case I thought I’d add a little insight here. First is the disposal of the body. That it was buried on the property speaks to their lack of knowledge about Florida. If you look at a map of the address you will see a lot of lakes in the immediate area (this is Lake County after all). Had they simply dumped the body in any of those very isolated lakes the gators would have removed all evidence. They weren’t as smart as they thought. One thing she did that was smart was to hire an attorney. She hired a private attorney and he seems pretty good at placing doubt. In the video I posted he speaks of another man she was dating when Michael disappeared. He doesn’t name the man but does give a lot of detail about the guy. He claims that detectives were given this information but didn’t investigate him thoroughly. He claims this boyfriend is the one that said to get concrete and how much etc. I guess that defense must have been laid aside if they are having plea negotiations. I do respect our local courts. I was very impressed with them, including the public defenders, when I served on jury duty for a 1st degree murder/arson trial.

Thanks for the updates. I think about this case all of the time. Ready for some justice for Michael.

May 15th, 2023, 4:00 pm
[...]
Laurie Leigh Shaver, now 40, has faced charges of second-degree murder and accessory after the fact in the 2015 disappearance and death of 36-year-old Michael Shaver since her September 2020 arrest.
[...]
The defense filing, noting that “[t]hese facts were mentioned by the attorney representing the minor child,” therefore asked the judge to order the psychological or sociological evaluation of the minor child to prepare for testimony about the case. They claimed the girl “had acted out as a consequence of past, and repeated violence within the residence by Michael Shaver.” The defense also asserted that a man Laurie Shaver was dating fired a second shot at the victim.
[...]
Read the motion for reconsideration and the affidavit of probable cause.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back