FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Sherwood Bauer Jr. on Tuesday set the non-jury trial for Austin Harrouff to begin Nov. 28, more than six years after the 2016 killings.

Harrouff has a history of alcohol and drug abuse, including cocaine, methamphetamine and other stimulants and hallucinogens like mushrooms, but blood tests only found marijuana in his system in the hours after the killings.

Landrum wrote that Harrouff in an October interview told him that in the weeks leading up to the killings he had begun to feel 'go go go' and experienced grandiosity during the day and paranoia at night.
I have 100 posts on this thread, so I can say I followed this extensively. Sad and horrified by what occurred for all concerned. I remember the videos Austin made and his social media with the frightening pointy teeth pic. He made videos denying taking steroids, but... I always thought he might've started with anabolic steroids to keep competitive. I see they name many drugs, but no mention of him taking steroids then trying to taper off.

I imagine any drug can trigger an "episode", but I always thought maybe the steroids triggered "the start" of the initial psychosis. JMO of course. He needed serious help by then, but sometimes it's hard to recognize how crucial it is to get that person help until it's too late.​
Judge Sherwood Bauer Jr. on Tuesday set the non-jury trial for Austin Harrouff to begin Nov. 28, more than six years after the 2016 killings.
Finally! Well, Nov. 28th, 2022. I feels longer than six years. I'm so much older. Non-Jury sounds best.

I think he was definitely insane at the time this happened, though I'm wondering if prosecution will claim that his history of drug use played a role in it, and since he consciously chose to ingest drugs, that he is responsible for his actions.

This reminds me of similar cases where a person with a history of drug use had an apparently psychotic episode and committed a brutal murder, and were found guilty. So I wonder if the logic is that consciously ingesting drugs makes you responsible for any violent behavior which occurs.

...I imagine any drug can trigger an "episode", but I always thought maybe the steroids triggered "the start" of the initial psychosis. JMO of course. He needed serious help by then, but sometimes it's hard to recognize how crucial it is to get that person help until it's too late.
I remember a lot about this case. I remember Austin shot a gun off and freaked the neighbors out shortly before all this other stuff happened. There were signs pointing to him needing more help, no doubt about it.

There's another video of Austin here driving along professing he doesn't do steroids. He was denying it too much. When he attacked those people they said he was extremely strong. I know the drug testing didn't mention steroids, but IMO, he most likely used them to be competitive in his wrestling. Other drugs were named later, but I think he did at one time rely on steroids to feel powerful, and that was the start of messing with his mind. All MOO though.

MOO here-- Watch this and you'll understand why I do think Austin was using steroids extensively in the beginning, and it did start to affect him, and then maybe he tapered off them, or tried to, and perhaps used other drugs to do so.

Austin Harrouff
What I'm about in bodybuilding

Stopping any kind of steroid, even Prednisone, can cause anxiety. It stands to reason, if Austin was used to taking anabolic steroids, and tried to stop, he might have experienced acute anxiety and used other drugs then.

A couple died in a terrible way because of him, and if you were a relative of the couple you probably would want to see him do some prison time.

As much as I think he had something to do with causing his own mental illness and psychosis, I do think at the time of the attacks he didn't know what he was doing and was mentally insane beyond any reasoning at that point. I'm not sure what his sentence should be, and hope the Judge will make the right decision.

All MOO and my own thoughts.

Judge Sherwood Bauer Jr. on Tuesday set the non-jury trial for Austin Harrouff to begin Nov. 28, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle