FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit out of the loop so-to-speak. I'm a drop in every now and then type member, obviously more so when there is something high profile, but not enough to know all the acronyms that are used. It would certainly help if I knew what I was reading. I may be way off base, but is TIA something like "thanks in advance" or ??? How about the ETA and many others posted here. Like I said, I know and use some myself, but other times.... well I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated or point me to where I can find them. I looked earlier today, but couldn't find anything. =) TIA .... uhhh maybe... lol

I feel a bit out of the loop so-to-speak. I'm a drop in every now and then type member, obviously more so when there is something high profile, but not enough to know all the acronyms that are used. It would certainly help if I knew what I was reading. I may be way off base, but is TIA something like "thanks in advance" or ??? How about the ETA and many others posted here. Like I said, I know and use some myself, but other times.... well I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated or point me to where I can find them. I looked earlier today, but couldn't find anything. =) TIA .... uhhh maybe... lol

Go here http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116963 for Websleuths Lingo.

In the mean time, ETA is "edited to add"
Thanks in advance is indeed TIA

lol your right about tia

ETA = edited to add

this link will help!

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Jinx truth!!! I'm a chicken pecker type of typer,,,, say that 3 times really fast

Sorry, but I'm not buying that... You don't need a Swat team & flash grenades to serve a search warrant.

Remember the little girl in Detroit who was murdered by a flash grenade thrown through the window? She was asleep on the couch and it hit her.

imo they should NEVER be used when there are kids around

I think it's a possibility that LE may have gone to the father's house to interview him (or whoever was there) and were refused entrance, so figured there was something to hide, and that is why they sent a SWAT team to force entry.

Also, the twins have probably been interviewed as to what they observed on the day their mother went missing. For example when they arrived at their father's place, who was there - was it just their father or were other relatives present, did they stay there for some time or where they taken to their grandparents house. Who drove them to their grandparents house. Did they hear any argument take place between their parents. All of these things could easily be answered by 3 year olds.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that... You don't need a Swat team & flash grenades to serve a search warrant.

We have a family friend who is highly placed with LE and headed up the DIRT (drug investigative response team) team in the area. They also were trained to negotiate hostage situations, etc.

The conditions outlined by Cerebellum are exactly the criteria used by our local LE to determine if you go in soft or, as in this case, hard. If there is any reason to believe there is a danger in going in soft, they will go in hard.

It could be as simple as one of the occupants of the home having a weapons violation in their past history, a bunch of registered guns in the home, a convicted felon in the home with the past conviction having to do with violence or assault, etc.

Doesn't mean the occupants were particularly menacing in the moment, just that there was some sort of indication that someone within could be a loose cannon.

Here we are 9 days since her disappearance and we are no closer, to knowing whatever happened to her... I can't imagine how the Family feels let alone the poor children. This is all so very sad and as the days tick away the less likely a good outcome is to be achieved.

We all know LE knows more than their telling. They should really release more information if they hope to spark the memory of the public. There is no telling what they know and haven't spoke of that could jog someone's memory...

Yes, they do if there is a credible threat to officer safety. The majority of the search warrants served by his Dept are done using the SWAT team & flash bangs because of weapons known to be in the home or the person has a history of being violent w/ LE. Came right from a LEO who was active SWAT member for over 10 years & still an active LEO. I can't speak for why OPD had to in this case, but just in general in my hubby's experience.

"They had reason to search the house. They searched the house, they didn't come up with what they were looking for," Erickson said. "The SWAT team was there, They had dogs there and they didn't come up with nothing."

SBM

This has to be the house MP's mom was talking about when she said she wanted to go there & "break down the door"..It's way too convenient that's exactly what ended up happening last night..Besides, if not there then where? :waitasec:

SBM

This has to be the house MP's mom was talking about when she said she wanted to go there & "break down the door"..It's why too convenient that's exactly what ended up happening..Besides, if not there then where? :waitasec:

Yea, I was thinking the same thing...

SBM

This has to be the house MP's mom was talking about when she said she wanted to go there & "break down the door"..It's why too convenient that's exactly what ended up happening..Besides, if not there then where? :waitasec:

I wonder what info her family provided, if any, to warrant the search...there had to be a reason, not just the family's suspicions...

I still feel for the children within the home as this had to be traumatic and the children could have been severely injured. IMO.

(I sure hope there wasn't this "oops" going around at LE's roundtable.)

I remain :furious: !

On that note, they didn't find Michelle, so it will be interesting to see where LE goes next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy