Found Deceased FL - Miya Marcano, 19, Arden Villas apts, Orlando, 24 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Sep 25, 2021.

1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

"There is no indication that there was sexual assault of any kind" and the cause and manner of death are yet to be determined by the medical examiner's office, Mina said.
    Horrifying new details in Miya Marcano case: 19-year-old was found with hands, feet bound with duct tape

nao, Daisyeve and distracted like this.

2. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

3. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

So he retaliated because of her rejection of him and murdering her was his solution. What a sick S. O. B. Who taught him violence was the answer?

RIP Miya

4. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

can u post it? thanks!

Daisyeve likes this.
  5. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

6. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I might be entirely off base but perhaps they hung out before so no one in the complex questioned seeing them together? That is of course assuming he didn’t kill her in the apartment. /jmo

7. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

Wouldn’t that mean she walked out to his car? I don’t see her leaving when she knows she’s about to fly out of town within a few hours. Who knows though…at this point. Her family acknowledges in the video that what was going on wasn’t one sided so there really is no telling what happened and the 2 people with all the answers are no longer here.

Veronica Sawyer likes this.
  8. Marysmith

Marysmith Well-Known Member

9. Marysmith

We may never know that really happened. IMO he subdued and killed her quickly in her room. There was a previous post about how she was on the first floor and her room was close to the parking lot - I think when night fell, which is early in central Florida, he could have taken out the window concealed and taken her to his car without being seen. He had some luck and a bit of time on his side.
    Today it was reported that the family haven’t been told a cause of death yet…

Veronica Sawyer, sds71 and Daisyeve like this.
  10. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

11. Veronica Sawyer

What video was that? I must’ve missed it.

12. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

Veronica Sawyer likes this.
  13. Veronica Sawyer

Not sure about the video OP was referring to but here is the photo of Miya holding the cup with the name “Tati” written on it.

Attached Files:

Fari_M and cvaldez1975 like this.
  14. Marysmith

Sorry I did reply to this but should have said that IMO I interpreted it as not confirming what he said as correct that it wasn’t one sided but that they were just trying to get information and getting him to talk. I do think it was one sided and I don’t think Miya had a relationship with him outside of work. She would not have disclosed the messages and being uncomfortable to her friends\roomates otherwise. Again IMO.

Daisyeve and sds71 like this.
  15. Veronica Sawyer

Sadly there are some men (and women) who mistake kindness for interest. I know I’ve personally encountered some men who mistook a friendly smile at a grocery store for interest and then wouldn’t leave me alone while I was shopping. Granted their situation was different seeing as she was bound to encounter him frequently given their respective working/living arrangements. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if he genuinely believed she was interested in him by way of friendliness. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if she had actually been interested in him at one point, and maybe gave him her number because of it, only to inevitably decide it wasn’t something she wanted in the end. /JMO

cvaldez1975, Mert, Marysmith and 2 others like this.
  16. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

Yup. That is definitely more likely but I just don’t think it was one sided. By no means am I blaming Miya. They had only known each other a few months. They were both young. I doubt she thought that this would be the end game and maybe they did “talk” for a little while but it tapered off on her end. Maybe she heard about his other behavior from residents. She did work in the office. She starts distancing herself and then he starts getting creepy. We just don’t know the whole story. Maybe they rarely spoke and only at work and he really is just a horrible person. Maybe she was just being nice. She gave an inch and he took a mile.

EDIT: by “talk” I meant the pre-stages of dating. Or at least that’s what we called it in my day. Talking. Getting to know each other. Not meant to be sexual in any way.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  17. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

18. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

19. Veronica Sawyer

The complex is screwed IMO. Her parents acted swiftly. They reached out to the complex’s emergency contact line (among management personnel) that same night and never received a call back. I don’t know that Miya’s death could’ve been prevented had their calls been answered or returned but justice would’ve likely been served in that the suspect would have at least still been apprehended alive. /JMO

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  20. Veronica Sawyer

what I’d like to know is if he was working that day… because if he was just waiting around in her room for hours shouldn’t someone have noticed that an off duty worker accessed her room? then again maybe I’m misunderstanding how the system works because the way they know and cite the times he entered her room makes it sound more like a hotel keycard rather than master key set. I can understand a keycard logging entries but a physical key? Not so much.

Marysmith likes this.