FL - Mom leaves baby with man she just met on Facebook, Boynton Beach

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by momrids6, Aug 25, 2013.

1. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

2. Loading...

3. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Active Member

....and the guy's name was Pigge.

But at least he did the right thing and turned the baby into a representative with the Mom's phone # attached. He was even late going to work.

I hope this poor baby will have a good life. Prayers.....

4. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I am sure CPS will just give the child right back. So I am not optimistic about "good life."

5. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Holy pronoun fail, Batman.

6. Snick1946

Snick1946 Active Member

I was a caseworker for 25 years with my state's DHHS. This reminds me of a similar situation I encountered. One of my clients, a woman in her 30's was out on bond awaiting sentencing for drug distribution. She had a 12 year old daughter and astounded me when she said when she went to prison she planned to leave her to live with the woman's boyfriend (unrelated to the girl of course). On questioning she admitted she had just met him on line and knew him only a couple of weeks but he 'seems like a real nice guy.'

Of course I told her I was reporting this to CPS- she couldn't seem to understand why, no matter how I tried to explain, the capacity to understand wasn't inside her head. I never knew what happened but I did the right thing. I think.

Odd how a mother's protection instinct is supposed to be hot wired into us as a species and how some are just immune to it.

7. john's mom

john's mom Active Member

I wish there was a test to pass before they let you leave the hospital with the new baby. I see cases like this and my heart breaks for my son & DIL, who due to a medical issue, can't get pregnant, and would be good loving parents. Thet both have good jobs, own a home, and are truly good people.