FL - Multiple people shot on Hollywood boardwalk, 29 May 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
wraere-1440x810.jpg
City of Hollywood, Florida
At least seven people have been shot, including a 15-year-old, on a boardwalk in Hollywood, Florida, according to CBS News Miami.

A live camera of the boardwalk shows people running from the scene moments after the shooting.

Police said there would be a heavy presence of officers as the investigation continues. Officials were also setting up an area for family members to reunite.

Nine people were shot, including a one-year-old child, during an altercation between two groups near a busy area of the beach in Hollywood, Florida, Monday night, officials said.

Police have detained one person of interest but are still searching for an additional suspect, who was described as a Black man with dreadlocks and wearing a black short-sleeve shirt and camo shorts, Hollywood Police Department spokesperson Deanna Bettineschi told reporters.

The injured range in age from 1 to 65, Bettineschi said

A City of Hollywood spokesperson confirmed 9 people had been shot. Four of those were minors, ages ranging from 1-17, The ages of the adults range from 25-65. One is in surgery and the others were in stable condition.

mass shooting that is not all day coverage on the news??? What gives There is hardly anything in the new mass shooting

mass shooting that is not all day coverage on the news??? What gives There is hardly anything in the new mass shooting
I’m not sure if they would qualify this as a mass shooting since I believe the article said it was a dispute between two groups (who apparently can’t aim well) that spilled into the street.

Either way it’s horrific and I’m so thankful there were no deaths. But this wasn’t some maniac walking around executing people this time. Thank you God.

MOO

I’m not sure if they would qualify this as a mass shooting since I believe the article said it was a dispute between two groups (who apparently can’t aim well) that spilled into the street.

Either way it’s horrific and I’m so thankful there were no deaths. But this wasn’t some maniac walking around executing people this time. Thank you God.

MOO

I'd say this was a maniac walking around, executing people. Or have multiple shooting deaths in a pedestrian area become so normalized that it's just the way folks settle their disputes these days?

MOO
Typically the definition of a mass shooting is a shooting where 4 or more people are shot, regardless of any fatalities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back