GUILTY FL - Murder Plot Gone Wrong, Dalia Dippolito Captured in YouTube Video

Mistrial declared
Jury split: 3 guilty, 3 not guilty
Court in recess until January 6[SUP]th[/SUP] status check.

That's it. I give up on our justice system. These people had video evidence showing her committing the crime. How could they screw that up?

I can't get over the fact that three people bought that stupid story. The situation was worse than I even dreamed it was.

IF you want to do a crime... do it in Florida. Jurors here are more interested in selling their side of the story and their 15 minutes of fame than justice. Its a joke. Can't WAIT to get out of this state.. well, unless I intend to murder someone... then i guess I should stay ;-)

Our country is so divided at this point very difficult to get 12 jurors to agree to a unanimous decision. I would guess they voted along racial lines w DT proclaiming don't trust LE. Could have been a retaliation verdict for the hung Slager jury 10 days ago in Charleston

Pretty pathetic. At least no one died and they do plan to retry her.

I really don't like the thought of her still sitting home with her feet up serving her sentence on house arrest though. Not to mention, she's an obvious threat.

Yes totally pathetic! I swear the jurors were looking at police rather than what DD really did! You can't fake it it's all on video..... maybe all the jurors were blind.... it makes me sick

What a waste of tax dollars. Very disappointed in the mistrial.
This will mean 4th trial upcoming?

Our country is so divided at this point very difficult to get 12 jurors to agree to a unanimous decision. I would guess they voted along racial lines w DT proclaiming don't trust LE. Could have been a retaliation verdict for the hung Slager jury 10 days ago in Charleston

What a waste of tax dollars. Very disappointed in the mistrial.
This will mean 4th trial upcoming?

^^BBM
6 jurors - not 12.
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] trial upcoming - not 4[SUP]th[/SUP].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/14/mistrial-in-murder-for-hire-case-shown-on-cops.html
Published December 14, 2016 Associated Press
Dippolito gave no visible response when Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley declared a mistrial after the four-woman, two-man jury said it was hopelessly deadlocked after nine hours of deliberations spread over two days. It was not immediately known if prosecutors will try the case a third time. A 2011 conviction and 20-year sentence was thrown out on appeal.
Kelley said the jury was deadlocked 3-3. He made the announcement after the jurors handed back verdict forms showing how they would have voted.
[…]

I just saw this. The jury was hopelessly deadlocked?! It was on video. Geez...I don't understand people sometimes. What a waste of money, resources, time, etc.

I am so disgusted. I hope they do try her again. unfortunately, I don 't think the COPS show being involved was a very good thing. I suspect it had something to do with the jury opinions.

They should have done a bench trial. Because the judge knows more than these idiots.

I hope the try her again...I know the expense but...it needs to be done. They HAVE to get the EX to testify. The Judge, this one and others HAS to sanction not threaten, the lawyers when they do not follow the rules. I hope she continues with house arrest.....if they try again which they need to do.

^^BBM
6 jurors - not 12.
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] trial upcoming - not 4[SUP]th[/SUP].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/14/mistrial-in-murder-for-hire-case-shown-on-cops.html
Published December 14, 2016 Associated Press
Dippolito gave no visible response when Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley declared a mistrial after the four-woman, two-man jury said it was hopelessly deadlocked after nine hours of deliberations spread over two days. It was not immediately known if prosecutors will try the case a third time. A 2011 conviction and 20-year sentence was thrown out on appeal.
Kelley said the jury was deadlocked 3-3. He made the announcement after the jurors handed back verdict forms showing how they would have voted.
[…]
What the heck did they need, a video? Oh, wait! They did have a video!????

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Just going to say WOW and that's FL for you...

Yep..... hubby drove by the Courthouse today (which is architecturally quite impressive with stunning views of the Ocean & "The Breakers" from the 11th floor, by the way) & he said there was heavy traffic and TV camera crew vans all along the Courthouse--Dixie Hwy

If I'm ever arrested and go to trial, I'm coming up with the most outrageous story for my defense. That's what seems to get people off these days.

I wonder if the state will even attempt another trial.

OMG!! This mistrial just sickens me. I haven't been on this website since the Casey Anthony saga which still sickens me. From what I've read about this
[h=2]Dalia Dippolito trial it seems that the prosecution team was a little too sure of itself and only put on a fraction of the facts for the jury to hear. I am glad to hear they will prosecute her again and hopefully get it right this next time. This woman is truly evil.[/h]

That's it. I give up on our justice system. These people had video evidence showing her committing the crime. How could they screw that up?

I can't get over the fact that three people bought that stupid story. The situation was worse than I even dreamed it was.

Agree I give up too...and not just one holdout...this time the state was terrible and gave room for the doubt..no victim ever shown..a really bad effort by the state..almost like atty Williams wanted her to go home!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back