FL FL - Nancy Bochicchio, 47, & Joey Bochicchio-Hauser, 7, Boca Raton, 12 Dec 2007

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 23, 2008.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

2 years...wow. And this guy is (presumably) still out there. Hoping and praying for answers and justice.

2. LogicalMinds

LogicalMinds Former Member

Hi...I also read this in our paper today....I think of this poor woman every time I am at that mall (not that often but I have gone there)

I really feel that the mall and LE in Boca did not warn the public ...for monetary reasons

such a sad story....I really hope they find this monster , justice for this mom and her little girl...and also who knows when he may strike again??

3. colette

colette Well-Known Member

There is a new clue from LE, they are releasing pictures of the goggles from the crime scene. There is no make or model number on the goggles.

Officer Sandra Boonenberg describes the goggles as "yellow, plastic frames. They're black removable lenses. There is foam padding on the inside that doesn't go all the way around. The sides are vented and the strap is black elastic."

Some may wonder why police have waited until now to show the goggles. Detectives say it's the kind of evidence they would have preferred to have held onto - evidence only the killer would have known about.

But with 95% of their 1,900 leads now exhausted, police says the time had come to release photos of the goggles to the public.

If someone recognizes the goggles and contact Boca Raton Police, or Crime Stoppers at 1800-458-TIPS. A $350,000 reward is still offered for information leading to an arrest in the case.

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/so...cchio-murder-case/4krCnpoxUU2CL-Rl9fJLtg.cspx

4. aaronsmom

aaronsmom New Member

Here are 2 links to the Nancy and Joey Bochicchio case from 2007. Mom and young daughter were murdered in their SUV in a mall parking lot in Boca Raton in broad daylight. The police just released photos of the goggles that were placed on one of the victims by the killer. They can not identify anything about them, and are looking to the public for help. I included 2 links, one has a pic of the front of the goggles, the other the back.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/boca-raton/fl-boca-killer-20100125,0,4963544.story

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/so...cchio-murder-case/4krCnpoxUU2CL-Rl9fJLtg.cspx

I have been a long time reader, and I feel the people here are great at getting info out there. Maybe one of you can help crack this awful case.

5. shadowangel

shadowangel Black cats consider me unlucky.

Well, at first glance, they don't appear to be swim goggles...The fabric strap, for one thing. Every pair of swim goggles I've seen have rubber straps (the fabric would, I assume, stretch upon being wet for any period of time).
    The padding around the eye...The idea of wearing goggles is to have a tight seal.
    Not to mention the removable lenses, those can't be very watertight.
    I certainly could be wrong, of course.

They actually appear to be snowboarding goggles (a lot of snowboarders don't like to wear the traditional ski goggles).

6. Fiercemom

Fiercemom New Member

At first I thought snowboarding too. After searching on the net -- I think possibley motorcycle goggles. See below link for an example -- I know they are not identical but my thought would be looking for a person in FL that makes goggles as a side buisness, like craft fairs, etc. Just an idea.
    http://www.cglasses.com/styles/eliminatorcf.htm

7. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I'm thinking motorcycle or snowboard goggles, too. Snowboard goggles are usually more streamlined, and that flexible plastic over the nose probably wouldn't last real well in the cold, but the changeable lenses are popular -- you can pop out the dark ones and replace it with pink or clear or whatever depending on snow conditions. I would assume bikers might like that feature too.

In both cases the logo is usually on the elastic strap, so simply replacing the band could have eliminated the brand information.

Might also be a basic household protective goggle, but those nearly always have clear lenses. The ones we keep around the house have no brand information at all, so maybe that's a clue.

8. SarahR

SarahR Member

My partner wears glasses and when he goes mountain biking he has a similar pair of these, he also has two sets of lenses one clear one tinted both are prescription lenses, he bought them from his optician.

9. SarahR

SarahR Member

The dark lenses also remind alot of welding glasses/googles

10. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

My first thought was the kind of lightweight goggles a craftsperson working with glass or silver might use, but then I thought the plastic would be vulnerable to melting. But those small flames don't generate enough heat to be a problem, do they?

11. shadowangel

These are similar to what I had in mind. The nose bridge is designed differently, but the overall design approximates those found at the scene.​

[​IMG]

12. shadowangel

In the case from August '07 in which a mother and her toddler were kidnapped and then forced to make a withdrawal from an ATM, the suspect bound the mother in the backseat and then placed a pair of blacked-out goggles over her eyes. In that case, no one was killed.
    I'm curious as to whether those goggles were also left at the scene.....

There's an Oakley's outlet in the mall, I'm hoping law enforcement checked the store and its employees thoroughly.

13. shadowangel

14. fay

fay New Member

What are those goggles used for?
    I've never seen swim goggles with that padding or maybe they come like that and I just never knew.

15. SarahR

SarahR Member

Why place these onto the body in the first place though, to stop that person seeing? was it some just some random act by the murderer or is there is reason behind it, i think it means something, its like intentionally leaving a riddle, if they were just left at the scene, i wouldnt be reading so much into them, but to put them actually onto the victim, i think has a meaning, theres thought behind it.

16. shadowangel

Get this...In late 2008 (November-December) there were a string of armed robberies in Orange County. Florida. One of the two suspects wore yellow goggles during the robberies.

The suspects, two men and a woman who was acting as the getaway driver, were arrested during a robbery of a Burger King which an Orange County Sheriff's deputy witnessed. He called for back-up and after a short chase the three were apprehended.
    The suspects were listed as 40 (or 42) year old Michael Scott, 22-year old Eric Dublin, and 31 year-old Nicole Preman.

The link below links to several other reports of the various robberies.

Coincidence?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18202031/detail.html

17. shadowangel

These would be used for snow sports, or possibly off-road biking or even motorcycle riding---or just general eye protection. Goggles are also part of the "goth" or "steam-punk" style.
    Looking at the website, these are probably cheap, maybe $10 or so a pair. The kind of thing one might find at a shopping mall kiosk.

18. shadowangel

19. fay

fay New Member

You are right! I'm watching the news and they said they are cheap knockoff Harley Davidson - motorcycle goggles. They said the PD has had about 40 leads so far. I hope they find this killer, he is very scary and ruthless. It takes a rare breed to kill a child. :furious:

20. fay

fay New Member

OMG did you call that in to the police? If not you should or I will, this is way too much a coincidence. Great find, wow.