FL - Nancy Bruneau, 62, gruesome murder, Hollywood Lakes, 30 Oct 2010 *son arrested*

Once again, the judge has ruled Bruneau incompetent to stand trial.
The ruling was entered February 2, 2018.

He is committed to a mental health treatment facility indefinitely.

Search Broward County Court Records under the name Beau Henri Bruneau.

Case number: 10019320CF10A

His full name must be entered to see any updates.

https://www.browardclerk.org/Web2/CaseSearch/

Bumping...

Bruneau was ordered to return to court for another competency hearing on November 5th.

Apparently, a jury trial was then ordered for November 28th.
At least that's what it looks like from reading the court document filed on November 5th.

We'll see. It has been eight full years since his arrest.

Here we go again...and again...and again.

Another competency hearing ordered for December 10th.

I will try to keep up with this case, but it is frustrating.

Another in an endless series of status conferences has been ordered.

It was supposed to take place this morning. I will check in a few days for an update.

EIGHT years since his arrest. Unbelievable.

Another status conference ordered for January 11, 2019. The number of court hearings, continuances, etc. in this case is mind boggling.

I would expect Bruneau to be a very old man by the time he comes to trial.

I will try to update as circumstances allow.

Here we go again, and again, and again...

The hearing was held on Jan. 11th and it appeared to the judge that Bruneau is not competent, but he ordered more 'experts' to determine whether that is true and to report back to the court on February 7th.

I predict he'll never go to trial, but I will continue to check for updates.

Once again ruled incompetent to stand trial, and committed to a mental hospital.

I will check back in a few months for any updates.

A side note: There have been 259 court hearings in this case stretching back more than eight years.

Attachments

• Bruneau2019.jpg
    Bruneau2019.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 8
The defense filed a motion at the beginning of April to dismiss the murder charges on the grounds that Bruneau has been judged incompetent since 2013 and there is little probability he will ever be competent to stand trial.
No word yet on any ruling on that motion.
He has been held without trial since October 31, 2010.

The revolving door continues. Bruneau has been judged competent to proceed to trial. Ruling dated June 4, 2019.
No word on any further hearings or when this case will actually come to trial.

Almost nine years since his arrest. Absurd.

I will continue to follow this case, in the interests of justice for Nancy Bruneau.

Attachments

• BruneauJune2019.jpg
    BruneauJune2019.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 7
At this point it's an interminable series of motions, hearings, and all sorts of other court proceedings. I will continue to update as long as I am able, but not so frequently.

The latest was August 7th, when his assistant public defender was replaced by another assistant public defender. Then a "status conference" was heard on August 22nd.

This is the 290th hearing/proceeding in this case, stretching back almost nine years. It will be nine years in October, and a trial still seems to be years away, if ever. Incredible. The taxpayers of Florida are footing the bill for this travesty.

At this point, I might only check in for updates every six months or so, since it appears Mr. Bruneau will probably be an old man before this comes to trial.

306 court events, hearings, documents, notices, etc and NINE full years since he murdered his poor mother. The latest are orders for depositions from the medical examiner, and one that was scheduled for next March (!) has been cancelled. Bruneau has been ruled competent to stand trial (at least for now) and remains in a mental hospital.

NINE years and no end in sight.

The latest in this never-ending case: Depositions were scheduled for today and then canceled with no explanation.
319 court hearings and documents have occurred in this case since his arrest in 2010.

Unbelievable. I have to admit I'm fascinated and appalled at the incredible delays. It will be ten full years in October and it appears Beau Bruneau will be an old man by the time they can bring him to trial. I wonder how much money the taxpayers in Florida have spent on this travesty.

A notice from his attorneys of their intent to file an insanity defense, dated 2/27/20, and three depositions canceled on April 9th.

That's your latest update on this mind-boggling legal maze.
Bruneau will turn 39 in October, and it will be TEN full years on October 30th since his mother was so cruelly murdered. He may reach his 90th birthday before this comes to trial. I'll be long gone by then so someone much younger than I (or yet to be born) will have to carry on with updates. LOL.

Well, I keep getting suckered into checking for any updates on this case, now going on TEN mind-boggling years of delays.

So the latest is, they're still taking depositions. LOL. No idea of how many years or decades it will be before he's finally hauled into court to answer for the gruesome and heartless murder of his mother.

I'll be long gone by then. Rest in peace, Nancy Bruneau...

Well, it's been six months since I last checked, and there has been no progress whatsoever on this case.

339 court hearings/motions etc, and no idea when or if this will ever come to trial. Bruneau has been judged mentally competent to stand trial. He remains confined in a mental hospital, more than TEN years after he killed his mother.

There's an order for him to appear for a Jury Trial on 2/17/2022. Very skeptical that any trial will ever happen. This is the strangest case I've seen here at WS.

Eleven years and counting. Total of 346 court hearings on this case. Bruneau is 40 years old. Unbelievable.
I'll continue to update as long as I'm able.

Jury Trial set for 9/12/2022.

When have we heard that before?

A total of 354 hearings, motions, and filings since his arrest 11+ years ago. Unreal!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back