GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

Oh man :(. What is Marco Polo??? I have never heard of that app.

I haven't, either. It's scary how fast these apps pop up out of nowhere and kids always seem to know about them long before their parents do.

Oh man :(. What is Marco Polo??? I have never heard of that app.

From google...

Its a walkie talkie type app.

Users tap on a friend’s face to start a video conversation. That’s then sent over to the other friend, who can respond right away or open it at their leisure. And then people keep sending things back and forth, and so on, and so forth. And, naturally, there are filters.

I haven't, either. It's scary how fast these apps pop up out of nowhere and kids always seem to know about them long before their parents do.

I know! I have teens and I really thought I was in the know :(.

Marco Polo bills itself as the "video walkie talkie," a video chat app that lets you send quick messages back and forth with your friends.

Much like Snapchat, Marco Polo traffics in messages that are only a few seconds long. Unlike Snapchat, however, the app saves your videos so you can have a running conversation with your friend or a group of friends.

http://www.businessinsider.com/marco-polo-app-how-to-use-tips-and-tricks-photos-2017-1

I know! I have teens and I really thought I was in the know :(.

Same here. My child's school didn't have Marco Polo on their list of apps to watch for, either. Of course, they admitted that the list would probably be out of date within days or weeks since new apps come out constantly.

So, if there's an SM connection, they should be able to track it, unless the perp went to great lengths to hide his identity ? Or those that have been id'd online can't be proven as the perps(s) as of yet.

Getting a vibe of the girl who met the guy online and 2 young guys ended up killing her iirc to see what it felt like to kill someone. You guys remember her name? I hate that it escapes me now, not Nicole Lovell...

Also, maybe they're still waiting on warrants, user data from some SM...

Having internet(or something) issues, so haven't been able to post..thank you all for the links.

I was going to ask about other unsolved cases in the area, and just remembered how on "To Catch a Predator (Chris Hansen)" many of these men/guys drive quite a distance, hours...

I think LE knew something was really up from the start, I wonder what that is, other than it just being abnormal for her to be gone.

I was really hoping that someone would be arrested by now. I wonder if it was a smart killer or just plain lucky. Ugh!!!!!
I installed Boomerang app on my sons tablet today. Hes 12, and not really into SM. However i dont want to wait until theres an issue.

I hope those responsible are caught fast.

PENSACOLA, FL (WKRG) — The Escambia County Sheriff has revealed an app that might have contributed to the disappearance and death of 12-year-old Naomi Jones.

At a press conference on Wednesday, Sheriff Morgan said the app “Marco Polo” was used by Jones to communicate with individuals that might be connected to her death by asphyxiation. The exchanges on Jones’ accounts were said to be sexual in nature.

Naomi Jones, 12, was found dead in a creek after being missing for five days. She used “Marco Polo,” according to local authorities.
Morgan cautioned all parents to be wary of apps like Marco Polo, which teens can use to communicate with strangers.
A comprehensive article here on this app. I'd never heard of it either, and neither had my 18 yr old. http://wkrg.com/2017/06/07/marco-polo-the-app-that-naomi-jones-used-before-she-was-murdered/

what is it? I googled but didn't find a good explanation

I was really hoping that someone would be arrested by now. I wonder if it was a smart killer or just plain lucky. Ugh!!!!!
I installed Boomerang app on my sons tablet today. Hes 12, and not really into SM. However i dont want to wait until theres an issue.

I hope those responsible are caught fast.

please tell me you reported him ... even just reporting the screen name can be helpful in an investigation

It can be just as dangerous as any other app. My 14 year old daughter had a pedophile asking her horrible things on kik about her virginity and everything else last year. He somehow found her kik name through Instagram. Thank God I caught it. He was out to get young innocent girls and he was probably in his late thirties. Disgusting.

please tell me you reported him ... even just reporting the screen name can be helpful in an investigation

We did and unfortunately LE said there wasn't anything they could do.

This may have been shared already. I am just catching up on the thread. Her immediate family have been cleared.

http://weartv.com/news/local/naomi-jones-tribute-painted-over-graffiti-bridge

SBM -

"We have asked the FBI to conduct a nationwide search on any criminal activity or deaths that share in it the same elements that we now know from the Medical Examiner's report that would lead us to anyone else in the entire United States that a crime has been committed with the same means, modes and methods as Naomi met her demise," said Morgan.

Naomi's immediate family has been cleared of having any part of her homicide, Morgan said.

"If I was a parent and I had a child, I would be extremely terrified," Morgan said.

Isn't asphyxiation difficult to do? Would that rule out someone young? I guess there is strong kids out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd