FL - Navy Commander Alphonso Doss, 44, murdered in Orange Park hotel, 12 Feb 2014

I feel terrible for his daughter, now she essentially has no parents and I think she's only 16. I am so glad, however, that they've been arrested. My thoughts are with the family. It'll be interesting to see whether she knew the 2 men before or whether she met them in the area of the murder. There are always people roaming around that motel and the ones across the street.
You might have missed it but on my post #18 : Navy commander’s estranged wife, her boyfriend and that man’s best friend have been charged..... So it was her boyfriend and his best friend. Sad because Cmdr Doss wanted to get back with his wife. She probably played that up to get access to him.

A slain Jacksonville Navy commander’s estranged wife, her boyfriend and that man’s best friend have been charged in his February strangulation in an Orange Park motel in a failed plot she masterminded to steal more than $1 million in life insurance money, police said Tuesday.

Goble said Doss' wife served as a lookout from a parking lot for the two men, who entered her husband's room using a key provided by her and then waited for Doss to arrive. A struggle preceded Doss' death, police said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...d-jacksonville-navy-commander-1#ixzz39ah3jvzH

This case is a poster child for why when a person is killed LE look to the spouse, boy/girl friend first. I have been following this thread and thought the killer surly was someone hanging around the motel. Interesting the wife thought she could get away with murder. Small comfort but at lease the daughter will get the insurance money. Jmo

ciao

This case is a poster child for why when a person is killed LE look to the spouse, boy/girl friend first. I have been following this thread and thought the killer surly was someone hanging around the motel. Interesting the wife thought she could get away with murder. Small comfort but at lease the daughter will get the insurance money. Jmo

ciao
You don't know how right you are. Yolanda's father was convicted of trying to kill his girlfriend's husband for insurance money in a 2003 incident at a hospital. I guess Yolanda thought she wouldn't get caught like her dad.

It seems that someone (no clue who) had shot the husband but he still lived. Then when he was in the hospital he woke up to his wife and her boyfriend (Yolanda's dad) at the bedside. Dad was searched and found with Insulin and syringes ready to put in the husband's IV....You really can't make this stuff up...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/08/07/murder-for-hire-dads-footsteps/13740437/

You don't know how right you are. Yolanda's father was convicted of trying to kill his girlfriend's husband for insurance money in a 2003 incident at a hospital. I guess Yolanda thought she wouldn't get caught like her dad.

It seems that someone (no clue who) had shot the husband but he still lived. Then when he was in the hospital he woke up to his wife and her boyfriend (Yolanda's dad) at the bedside. Dad was searched and found with Insulin and syringes ready to put in the husband's IV....You really can't make this stuff up...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/08/07/murder-for-hire-dads-footsteps/13740437/

Thanks for posting this article. Are you kidding me! Well looks like father and daughter can benefit from the bogo prison plan. Jmo

ciao

Man found guilty in Navy commander's murder - September 2016

http://www.news4jax.com/news/1st-trial-begins-in-navy-commanders-murder___

A man was found guilty Friday evening in the murder of Navy Cmdr. Alphonso Doss in an Orange Park hotel room two years ago.

Anthony Washington, 31, was convicted of first-degree felony murder and burglary with assault or battery.

"It means a lot because Cmdr. Doss deserved this. He served our country honorably and he should not have been murdered the way he was. He should not have died and be left like an animal in that motel room," said Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda.

Tom and Carolyn Allen, Doss' parents, told News4Jax that they were relieved to hear the jury read the verdict after deliberating for about five hours.

"I'm very happy. We came to see justice done for our son and we got that. And I think that Bernie de la Rionda, all the people with the county, did a great job and we're very happy," Tom Allen said.

Man sentenced to life in Navy commander's murder

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-sentenced-in-navy-commanders-murder

A man who was found guilty of killing Navy Cmdr. Alphonso Doss in an Orange Park hotel room two years ago was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison plus 30 years.

Yolinda Doss and Ronnie Wilson II are awaiting trial.

TWELVE YEARS?????????

Wow- they must not have had very compelling evidence against her OR the others chose not to roll on her.

I agree, and it was probably her idea to kill him in the first place!

Navy commander killer appeal denied

After a jury trial in Clay County, Anthony Delane Washington, 33, was convicted in September 2016 of first-degree murder and burglary with an assault in the death of Alphonso Doss, 44, who was at Naval Air Station Jacksonville for training. Doss was murdered on Feb. 12, 2014. Washington was sentenced to concurrent terms of life imprisonment and 30 years in prison.

Washington argued that his convictions and sentences “should be vacated because the incriminating statements he made to the police should have been suppressed,” states court papers.

<snipped>

During the second interview, police asked Washington numerous times if he needed a lawyer and Washington asked police as least twice, “So will I walk outta here tonight?” to which one officer responded by saying, “Well, we don’t know what you’re gonna tell us Anthony” and the second detective told Washington, “We won’t know the answer to that.”

The DCA ruled that “Statements such as ‘maybe I should talk to a lawyer’ are not unequivocal requests for counsel,” states the ruling handed down Aug. 1.

“Washington did not thereafter invoke his right to counsel and indicated his willingness to speak to the detectives after being fully advised of his rights.

Response to Appeal:
https://edca.1dca.org/DCADocs/2016/5447/165447_1284_08012018_10564864_i.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam