FL FL - Noemi Bolivar, 21, went for a walk, Hollywood, 11 Feb 2021

Another thought/question that maybe some of you who are local could answer. Based on their website Anne Kolb is one of the largest parks with 1501 acres of land and include threatened and endangered species. Even if not directly funded by the government, do you think local scientists or universities nearby have trail cameras set up in the park to continue to study and analyze wildlife? If so, maybe one of those trail cameras could have picked her up. (Speculaton)

Parks
Screenshot_20210221-151215_Chrome.jpg

Another thing I am noticing as I virtually walk through this park are signs warning people to lock their cars, remove any valuables, and report suspicious activity. Based on that I would speculate that they've had a few crimes occur there in the past JMO. Also there is a sign saying the park is under 24 hours surveillance. Not sure if that is legit or just a sign put up as a deterrent.

www.google.com/maps
View attachment 285447 View attachment 285448
In real estate, location is everything. This is Broward County. You enter parks such as this one, at your own risk, and you know to get out before dusk. This young lady was likely on her way out, because she knew this but, she could have stumbled upon a crime in progress.

Another thought/question that maybe some of you who are local could answer. Based on their website Anne Kolb is one of the largest parks with 1501 acres of land and include threatened and endangered species. Even if not directly funded by the government, do you think local scientists or universities nearby have trail cameras set up in the park to continue to study and analyze wildlife? If so, maybe one of those trail cameras could have picked her up. (Speculaton)

Parks
View attachment 285450
Highly doubtful. I don’t believe that can be done without coordination with the state, county and Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC). That doesn’t mean there’s not any, they’re just not legit. You have to remember this is essentially a swamp with mangroves and raised boardwalks. You step off a boardwalk and you would sink in the thick muck, get snake bit, eaten alive by mosquitoes, etc. I can’t imagine even a homeless person living in there.

Highly doubtful. I don’t believe that can be done without coordination with the state, county and Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC). That doesn’t mean there’s not any, they’re just not legit. You have to remember this is essentially a swamp with mangroves and raised boardwalks. You step off a boardwalk and you would sink in the thick muck, get snake bit, eaten alive by mosquitoes, etc. I can’t imagine even a homeless person living in there.

Ah, I see. Well hopefully there are some and the search party will notice them.

I love how there are cameras in the park entrance and they don’t function. What a completely useless unhelpful government we have. We the people paid for those cameras. I bet if we do an audit, the taxpayer cost of the camera is likely as if it were functioning and being maintained. The camera maintence funds are probably all being funneled to a buddy of the city commission. What a joke.

We have a special needs citizen who got lost in a government park. What a terrible circumstance that should have never happened... what on earth happened? Also Where were the park rangers and why did they let someone stay after closing?

It seems multiple failures along the way allowed a citizen to completely disappear without any clues.
I hear your frustration with the safety issues. I’ve worked in public places that deliberately installed non working cameras. They certainly looked real, and nobody in the public knew they weren’t, as you couldn’t physically access them. They were definitely a deterrent.

The real functional cameras looked identical and had silent alerts. If one stopped working, it was on a computerized report in the safety office, and the maintenance crew was notified.

If there are real cameras in this park, that’s probably how they’re set up. Nobody is actually watching them in real time but activity is being recorded. Hopefully, if it exists it’s saved and helpful.

Nothing new

This journalist has made very resourceful treks around the area:
At 18:41 in this 1st video, you'll see the bridge between the nature center and ocean drive (area where her ping sent pings from) surveillance cameras. Can't wait to hear they don't function either

Last edited:
There may be a blatant answer to this but it's been a long day. Did this Larry guy say he saw her before or after the bus clip?
Also, how strange of this guy to say what he did. I'm going to go look for the msm that has this Larry in it.
Larry, who did not disclose his last name, said he believes he saw the 21-year-old at the nature center.

“I was here about 4:15, 4:30,” he said. “I don’t think she was crying or nothing.

Authorities search Anne Kolb Nature Center for evidence missing 21-year-old was in the area

I only watched part of that reporter's video posted in post 107. I will watch the rest after work. Thank you for sharing - very interesting so far to see the nature park at 6 PM. Now he did say he was there on a weekend; I'd love to see him return on a weekday.

So the park ranger/employee drove through the lot and also stopped people and told them the park was closed. He had a note that popped up that after Daylight Saving, they close at 7:30. Someone earlier in this thread posted a photo from I think Google Earth maybe that showed a sign at the entrance saying closed at 730 so that must be why. It was a different time of year.

I wonder if the sign at the entrance currently says closes at 6. I'm assuming they would switch that out for Nov-March? If not, and the 730 sign was still there, I could see her not even being aware the park was closing. If she was on a path not near the parking lot, no employee may have come across her. OR even if she was aware it closed at 6, maybe she was kind of far from the parking lot and was making her way back. By the time she got to the parking area, it may have been quite deserted as the rangers cleared everyone out.

His walks around the park in the video, even though there were several cars in the lot, showed most of these paths pretty deserted, and I'm guessing even more so on a Thursday evening. I'm starting to worry that something happened to her IN the park. There looked like a lot of isolated areas and areas that you can walk right up to the water. What if someone sexually assaulted her, killed her, and dumped her body in the water while in the park? Obviously for her phone to have pinged elsewhere, they would have had to take her phone/belongings with them, which they might have. Just MOO of course but wondering out loud.

I wonder if the sign at the entrance currently says closes at 6. I'm assuming they would switch that out for Nov-March? If not, and the 730 sign was still there, I could see her not even being aware the park was closing. If she was on a path not near the parking lot, no employee may have come across her. OR even if she was aware it closed at 6, maybe she was kind of far from the parking lot and was making her way back. By the time she got to the parking area, it may have been quite deserted as the rangers cleared everyone out.

There is another option. People on the spectrum often don't have the best of timing, so if Noemi got absorbed with something, she might haven't even be aware of the time flow and miss the closing time entirely.

Nothing new

This journalist has made very resourceful treks around the area:
At 18:41 in this 1st video, you'll see the bridge between the nature center and ocean drive (area where her ping sent pings from) surveillance cameras. Can't wait to hear they don't function either

Wow. Nothing like I pictured this. IMO that's akin walking through the Pine Barrens expecting you are safe. JMO

That bus stop is on a major highway. Looks that way. Seems the only reliable camera is from the bus. They have Noemi going to this preserve then they'd have her getting back on.

How big is this park? It sounds like with her degree she would be familiar with the terrain or at least would be comfortable navigating it. How many entrances/exits are there to the park? Parking areas?
Her father said during an interview “that park is a special place to her” so she knew the park and she would have been well aware what time to head toward the gate before closing.

FEB 22, 2021
Search For Missing Hollywood Woman Noemi Bolivar Intensifies – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Dozens of people came together Sunday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Hollywood.

“We need to continue pushing her face out there, so when people see something, they can say something,” said BM, a longtime friend of Bolivar.

“More people are contacting us for leads, so it’s really helping out a lot,” said her friend LR.

[...]

“We’re going to pass out flyers. We are going to continue to search to find Noemi and help spread the word,” said LR.

“I have a feeling we are going to find her soon,” said BM.

[...]

To find out about the next search party, you can follow the group at “Bring Noemi Bolivar Home” on Facebook.

Her father said during an interview “that park is a special place to her” so she knew the park and she would have been well aware what time to head toward the gate before closing.

Being aware that the park closes at, say, 7:30 doesn't help much when you are hyperfocused on something and totally unaware of the time flow.

So as long as there’s not a sign posted saying restricted/protected area or it’s not roped off, then visitors can venture out into the trees, along the shoreline, etc?
Just making sure I understand correctly since I’m not familiar with the area. I will say if it’s true then that’s a whole lot of area to search!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back