FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

Not only is the body still in the truck, but according to our local news, the truck is still sitting on I-95 since yesterday morning. Can't understand why. This is the busiest spot on I-95 in West Palm. What is up that they will not even move the truck. Very strange.

Two sick people, one body found in truck on Florida highway

bbm

At first I thought the chemical fumes got to the deceased person first, but... the body in a bag thing? Something's hinky here, IMO.

No, the fumes apparently came from a jug of acid-like solution. Was there a plan to dissolve the body?

Not only is the body still in the truck, but according to our local news, the truck is still sitting on I-95 since yesterday morning. Can't understand why. This is the busiest spot on I-95 in West Palm. What is up that they will not even move the truck. Very strange.

If there are fumes in the truck police would not be qualified to move it, they'd need some sort of biohazard team, so maybe they are trying to arrange that?

A new article. From this - it seems it might be one of the children in the truck.

QUOTE:

The four children range in age from 7 through 11. Riordan said one child, Victor Vocter, remains in the hospital and the remaining children are with grandparents under DCF protective supervision. He did not give an exact number of children with the grandparents. However, CBS4’s Gary Nelson has confirmed that only two of the children are with their mother at their grandparents Southwest Miami-Dade home.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/barahona-neighbors-started-after-body-found-in-truck/

Also it says the children are staying with their mother - I'm a little unclear about this. Is it their "adoptive" mother and wife of the driver? Or is it the "bio" mother that this couple adopted the children from?

Also, it seems they still haven't removed the body.

Got to be the adoptive mother.

If there are fumes in the truck police would not be qualified to move it, they'd need some sort of biohazard team, so maybe they are trying to arrange that?

Yes. And coordinating the hazmat cleanup with the crime scene investigation has got to be difficult. Not only do they have to do the ordinary crime tech tasks, they have to do it without endangering any personnel -- some of the firefighters responding to the scene were injured as well as the two people in the truck. Very ticklish situation for them.

Here is the local 4 PM newscast. You have to watch the video link at the top.

It does seem that it is the adoptive mother. DCF removed 2 children from a second home today (home of the mother's parents). Also in the video report they say the acid was highly volatile and not used in pest control. The acid had been "thrown" all over the little boys body AND the body (in a plastic bag) also had the acid all over it.

The little boy is now being quarantined at the hospital.

I'm kinda leaning to the body being one of the children. We have seen (or heard of) 3. Plus DCF taking the other 2 into custody.

Shame. WTH did this guy get this type of acid?

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003549016141/

ETA: The same news channel is now giving its 6 update and there have been reports that the body is that of a young, female child.

So sad.

:cry:

What is this world coming to?

So sad!!

One of the pictures shows two red containers and one yellow container.
The yellow container looks identical to the ones we buy liquid chlorine in for the pool.
I wonder if the red containers are muriatic acid, although I have never known it to be a metal cleaner. I do know it will etch concrete before painting or staining, though. Our acid comes in red one gallon containers so I am not sure the containers in the picture are for the same product. The larger containers like that are two and a half gallon containers, afaik. I also see extension/telescoping type poles like we use to clean the pool. Perhaps he was pool cleaning as a side business or they have a pool?

ETA: I googled, yes muriatic acid is used to clean metals.
He may have also used it to clean and pressure wash concrete pavers that are so prevalent down here.
I wonder if I can make out a pressure washer in any of the pics. Gonna' try...

Yea, that's usual for pools. The yellow containers are chlorine and the red are the muratic acid. Thing is, I don't think they know what it is. Could be he mixed the two of them together! :eek: I read where the body was only partially in the plastic bag - so maybe that's how the man and the little boy got burned - they moved the body or tried to put it in the plastic bag.

That poor little boy in the hospital - how much pain he must be in. I just don't understand DCF - they have a HISTORY with this family - yet they continued to allow them to foster and then to ADOPT these kids? Why?

WSVN has updated their article at my above link.

I feel so bad for the child who got caught up in this. I hope he is ok.

Yeah, I was wondering if maybe one of the children was riding in the back and the stuff spilled while the driver did not even know. We can still hope it is just a horrific accident...

The truck is quite a way from the roadway, maybe he was run off the road...or perhaps just overcome by fumes.

Yeah, I was wondering if maybe one of the children was riding in the back and the stuff spilled while the driver did not even know. We can still hope it is just a horrific accident...

The truck is quite a way from the roadway, maybe he was run off the road...or perhaps just overcome by fumes.

The early reports say he was overcome by fumes.

Considering the body was reported to have been found in the bag, I'd say that's rather unlikely scenario.

Considering the body was reported to have been found in the bag, I'd say that's rather unlikely scenario.
I was thinking along the lines of...a child in the back, acid spills and dad pulls over. Child dies or is deceased and dad decides he had better bag the body so tractor trailer drivers can not just see right into the back of the truck (assuming that chemical burns would be very visible). Idk, just still hoping it was not intentional... :) Hoping... :(

Me, too. I am hoping the body isn't that of one of his siblings.

From what is reported, this couple adopted four children. One is in the hospital, the other two were with the mother's parents, so where is the fourth?

JVM (Jane Velez Mitchell) is going to cover this story next - after commercials. She is on HLN.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back