FL - Orlando LE Officer Shot in 2018 (died 2021), 4 Children killed by gunman who took his own life

Press Conference- 5:30pm today-Orlando Police Chief John Mina
Suspect had 5 guns in apt. 2 rifles, 2 shotguns, 1 handgun
LE never knew status of children while negotiating with him
LE used wifi phone and friends and social media to communicate
with suspect.
No evidence there was ever a threat to children
Bodies of 2 children in one bedroom, 2 in another bedroom and
suspect body was in closet with a gun
Guns were passed to suspect when his father died
One officer fired back through front door after other officer was shot.
Shot officer can not communicate and is in extremely critical condition. Officer is married and has 2 very small children.
When asked if shot officer could communicate, Chief made a
face as he said no, not at all.

and the officer & his family

I really didn't think that this was going to end well after he shot the policeman, but I did hope that he would only kill himself.
He has managed to destroy seven lives. The four children, the mother of his own children and both parent's of the children who were not his.

New Twist- Ch. 9 tv Orlando just reported that they had been in touch by phone with suspect who wanted to talk with and apologize to girlfriend and he would release all 4 children. Apparently they had numerous phone conversations with him.
Ch. 9 contacted LE who sent an officer over to the station to supervise the conversations.
Guess LE did not approve of suspect talking to gf.

I really didn't think that this was going to end well after he shot the policeman, but I did hope that he would only kill himself.
He has managed to destroy seven lives. The four children, the mother of his own children and both parent's of the children who were not his.
Suspect was father of all 4 children. The older 2 were by a different ex- girlfriend and younger 2 were with his current gf.

I'm thinking he may have shot the children the same time he shot the police officer. Did he open the door and shoot the police officer or did he shoot him through the door? A couple of the kids may have been standing at the door when the police arrived and he just started shooting from there. It's possible they all died at the very beginning and he just stretched it out, leading them to believe some children might still be alive.

I learned today he did shoot through the door

Schizophrenia is emerging in his history

I think he shot the kids right after the cops were preoccupied with the cop he shot in the face and then struggled with suicide for the next 20 hours

i think we will learn if he was oriented during the calls -- psychotic or delusional hearing voices etc ?? I would think that will come out well see

Press Conference- 5:30pm today-Orlando Police Chief John Mina
Suspect had 5 guns in apt. 2 rifles, 2 shotguns, 1 handgun
LE never knew status of children while negotiating with him
LE used wifi phone and friends and social media to communicate
with suspect.
No evidence there was ever a threat to children
Bodies of 2 children in one bedroom, 2 in another bedroom and
suspect body was in closet with a gun
Guns were passed to suspect when his father died
One officer fired back through front door after other officer was shot.
Shot officer can not communicate and is in extremely critical condition. Officer is married and has 2 very small children.
When asked if shot officer could communicate, Chief made a
face as he said no, not at all.

BBM. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_OApart from being taken hostage by a psycho with 5 guns?...

BBM. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_OApart from being taken hostage by a psycho with 5 guns?...
Reading between the lines of TV station's announcement, I get
the feeling they did NOT agree with LE. Ch. 9 has repeated this
news bit several times yesterday. Seems like a huge FAIL.
Police Chief was adamant- no evidence children were ever in danger. Well just because he didn't verbally threaten them, the fact is he kept them as hostages which seems to me that in itself
indicates they were in danger. Bad judgement call, IMO.

I wonder why they didn’t barge in. Was it because of the guns and children? My son didn’t have guns thankfully but had every knife in our home in his room. The police I would say were here for 2/3 hours and tact team was about to come in.
Not questioning the officers as I’ve seen first hand how quickly things can change in these intense situations. I’m just wondering why. I’m thinking it was to protect the kids. I do also wonder if they asked about the kids during the standoff? The police here were essentially bending over backwards for my son.
Sure you can call you uncle in Atlanta. ( LE there, thankfully he spoke with his uncle and LE here did as well) helped so much. I wonder if drugs were involved? My son was hearing voices that night as well and kept talking about demons but he was on meth and a slew of other drugs.
Also I wonder if he thought he killed the officer? I wonder if LE let him know that he was just injured badley.
All just seems so senseless. I will
Never understand murdering your children. They did nothing wrong.

Reading between the lines of TV station's announcement, I get
the feeling they did NOT agree with LE. Ch. 9 has repeated this
news bit several times yesterday. Seems like a huge FAIL.
Police Chief was adamant- no evidence children were ever in danger. Well just because he didn't verbally threaten them, the fact is he kept them as hostages which seems to me that in itself
indicates they were in danger. Bad judgement call, IMO.

Maybe there was no evidence the children were ever in danger because the psycho had already killed them prior to negotiations. JMO

I hope Kevin recovers. His family must be so distraught. So many lives ruined by one man. Sigh.
I'm very concerned at this point that in his condition, he may
never fully recover, if I'm reading the Chief's response yesterday
correctly. He's been 'extremely critical' for several days now and
unable to communicate. I'd say that's pretty severely hurt. IMO.
Poor guy and so young. Was just doing his job.

Orlando Police on Twitter

MEDIA: There will be an update on Officer Kevin Valencia at 2 pm at @orlandohealth in ORMC’s new tower, classroom 4. Please arrive by 1:45 p.m. for setup. And feel free to use this photo.

DflgCAhUYAA8RpG.jpg

New Twist- Ch. 9 tv Orlando just reported that they had been in touch by phone with suspect who wanted to talk with and apologize to girlfriend and he would release all 4 children. Apparently they had numerous phone conversations with him.
Ch. 9 contacted LE who sent an officer over to the station to supervise the conversations.
Guess LE did not approve of suspect talking to gf.

I can see how they may have thought this could be a bad idea and set him off futher, moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back