FL - Orlando LE Officer Shot in 2018 (died 2021), 4 Children killed by gunman who took his own life

Are they no longer saying that he is expected to recover?
It's extremely difficult to recover from a gunshot wound to the head. Unless it's just superficial, which doesn't seem to be the case, it's likely a brain injury.

James Brady never recovered and died from a similar injury 33 years after being shot.

Last edited:
Even before the shots I doubt the kids slept through the domestic situation that occurred that lead LE there. Then all the commotion with LE. Weird that they think they were asleep. Maybe they are heavy sleepers?

Even before the shots I doubt the kids slept through the domestic situation that occurred that lead LE there. Then all the commotion with LE. Weird that they think they were asleep. Maybe they are heavy sleepers?

Could they have been dead before the cop was shot? Could explain sleeping positions and lack of sound of gun shots during stand off.

all over the place tid bits and ramblings

it was late when altercation started bu i would think they would have been woken by dads agression

They had seen mommy and daddy get pretty intense before sadly so he might have have been able to make them think all is well and to sleep

or i suppose chronologgy could have been altercation she leaves he murders and had nothing else to lose so shot at cops

OPD never acknowledged if any friendly fire ( sounds highly likely) at pulse so after cops were in a sitution if they were not killed for some peroid of time then le not going right in would be critized so it might be better to just hint that it might have been right away>>

mom said he kicked her in head

the kids were locked in their rooms

they smashed the windows so they could talk with him easier which explains the power truck kinda bucket thing

being found in the closet might indicate some paranoid thinking go on on his part

maybe he killed himself when the noise of the breach with the windows made him think they were coming in right then but the closet is peculiar why does one need to hide to kill self

hiding typically means fear again tho a person oriented to reality cant really think that if he hides in the closet they wont locate him

were voices telling him he must kill the children

this statement

either shortly before or shortly after the suspect’s initial contact with OPD officers,”

certainly hypothetically makes questioning cops not busting in less important while at the same time this explaination of that detmination uncleat

Their findings were based on “the condition of the victims’ bodies at the time of discovery,

it seems if there was medical proof of this belief some statement like according to the ME they were deceased for at least x hrs - the fact that is was not phrased that way is some cause for pause

moo

Mom of 4 Young Kids Killed in Hostage Standoff Is 'Shell-Shocked,' Says Family Friend

Last edited:
Could they have been dead before the cop was shot? Could explain sleeping positions and lack of sound of gun shots during stand off.

I suppose he could have known that killing a cop is not gonna end well and killed everyone early on except himself

Schophrnia has bee reported so at some level it would depend how based in reality he was during the whole ordeal

was he delusional or psychotic during tradegy

IMO we would need to hear or read some of the interactions

does not justify this just wondering if he was oriented enough to know that killing acop is really bad stuff

a kind of mindsight if i cant have the kids she can not either

just rambling here as usual1

I suppose most of us think he shot much later becasue they used the term hostages for hours resulting in most thinking that the kids were alive for some peroid of time

what was the sleeping were all of them in sleep clothes and in there beds

I would still like to see Medical Examiner's Report on time of
death of children.
The homicide detective's 'guess' is not good enough.
This is a major FAIL for hostage negotiators. This went on for
20+ hours.
Lindsey called TV station to negotiate. Did LE not have communication with him or did LE antagonize him so he called
TV station?
All quiet from Ch. 9 regarding negotiations since Monday.
They reported several times on Monday, day after deaths, that
Lindsey wanted to talk w/ girlfriend and then he would release
all 4 children. Did LE, who were called to TV station, try to
play hardball and refuse him from talking to girlfriend?
The fact he called TV station and tried to negotiate shows me
it was not as cut and dry as LE says- that kids were dead early
on.
I'd still like to see Medical Examiner's REPORT.

all over the place tid bits and ramblings

it was late when altercation started bu i would think they would have been woken by dads agression

They had seen mommy and daddy get pretty intense before sadly so he might have have been able to make them think all is well and to sleep

or i suppose chronologgy could have been altercation she leaves he murders and had nothing else to lose so shot at cops

OPD never acknowledged if any friendly fire ( sounds highly likely) at pulse so after cops were in a sitution if they were not killed for some peroid of time then le not going right in would be critized so it might be better to just hint that it might have been right away>>

mom said he kicked her in head

the kids were locked in their rooms

they smashed the windows so they could talk with him easier which explains the power truck kinda bucket thing

being found in the closet might indicate some paranoid thinking go on on his part

maybe he killed himself when the noise of the breach with the windows made him think they were coming in right then but the closet is peculiar why does one need to hide to kill self

hiding typically means fear again tho a person oriented to reality cant really think that if he hides in the closet they wont locate him

were voices telling him he must kill the children

this statement

either shortly before or shortly after the suspect’s initial contact with OPD officers,”

certainly hypothetically makes questioning cops not busting in less important while at the same time this explaination of that detmination uncleat

Their findings were based on “the condition of the victims’ bodies at the time of discovery,

it seems if there was medical proof of this belief some statement like according to the ME they were deceased for at least x hrs - the fact that is was not phrased that way is some cause for pause

moo

Mom of 4 Young Kids Killed in Hostage Standoff Is 'Shell-Shocked,' Says Family Friend
Rbbm.
Kids hide in the closet when they are afraid of the " bogey-man", imo.
The killer was found in the closet, perhaps because he too was scared of the " monster under the bed", ironically hiding from himself.
im, speculation.

This is an official warning! : scattered all over the place tid bits!

** Just a note ha! when i learn something it often results in another question which results in an instant search . If something interesting is there it results in a cup and paste right then . This process can often be manic!!!!!

Which basically results in the free- wheeling posts! As you can see this post came out just like that !!!

You have been warned ! This post took me all over the place!

Good luck , and although I have not seen it (no interest) may the force be with you!!

Agitated - not really in the mood to speak with father!

Gary Lindsey Jr. allowed out of jail weeks before deadly hostage situation link below has short snipet of court hearing

oh brother he was supposed to be onprobation for over three decades and got off in thrre weeks

If I am recalling correctly Houston we have a problem

My sense was that the window breaking occuring at night?

That was when they say the decreased child and started efforts to enter?

Clearly from video below they broke the window in daylight

what am I missing

interesting story about local affiliates hours of conversation with him (print - the video is old )

Experts question TV station's role in Orlando police hostage negotiation

leven-year-old Irayan was an over-achiever in school. Lillia, who was 10, enjoyed playing with her friends and going to Volcano Bay. Aidan, 6, loved dinosaurs. Dove, who was two months shy of her second birthday, was a lively toddle

amily friend and attorney Walter Benenati:

Benenati first identified the minors on Tuesday through a campaign

Their grandfather works for him as a building maintenance employee

mother worked as a customer service agent. Lindsey didn’t work and he did not live with her, but he would occasionally stay at her place.

court records in Volusia and Orange counties shows Lindsey has a history of mental illness

Lindsey was required to undergo medical evaluation for mental illness.-- thats Baker act (invol max 72 hour placement-- march 2014

based on a petition from the victim in the 2012 case, who described him as violent, unpredictable and paranoid. I wonder about him being angry that she took a child to a doctor during a paranoid episode or had he hurt the child and that made dad scared

Sanford saw him exiting the store with a shopping cart full of unpaid merchandise he had placed into old Walmart bags, according to an arrest affidavit.

Suspended prison sentences like the one Lindsey got in his arson case are not common, said defense attorney Mark O’Mara this is the incredible lawyer he has the Zimmerman one he is sharp as a paper cut !!

a probation violation — especially based on new criminal charges — would usually be enough to send the defendant to prison, O’Mara said.

Man who held 4 kids hostage had mental health, criminal history, records show

Attorney for mom of 4 children killed in Orlando: ‘Nobody can know what she was going through’

if anyone can find the whole video of his court appearance in Deland fl that would be good i cant find the whole thing only a sniipet

He was unemployed since leaving his job at Convergys, an information-management firm in Lake Mary, and was not taking care of himself or his diet, despite being an insulin-dependent diabetic.

COnvergys is a huge entity apparently

Convergys Careers | Convergys

earlier relationship

He moved out of the home she owned on Dixon Street in Orange City, but came back the night of Dec. 16, 2008, to pick up a tool. An argument began. Within hours, he had destroyed her electronics in a fury and ordered her to leave the house — which he said would be his “grave.”

spent 153 days in jail after that arrest before being released back to house arrest. This time, he was ordered to apply for disability benefits and wear a GPS monitor to track his whereabouts, records show.

part of his probation, Lindsey was not allowed to have weapons

July 2011, he asked Circuit Judge Randell Rowe for permission to move to an apartment of Silver Star Road in Orange County, which was granted. That’s where deputies were called April 12, 2012. Aidan’s mother reported Lindsey had become violent during an argument about taking their son to the doctor — and kicked a bathroom door until it broke.

He briefly left the apartment, then returned.

Lindsey was arrested on felony charges — again triggering a violation of his Volusia County probation — but the case was short-lived: The following month, prosecutors deemed the case not suitable to move forward and opted against filing charges.

The probation violation in that case resulted in a 324-day jail sentence, though Lindsey got credit for 214 days of time served. He was violated again in August 2013 for failing to make restitution payments, records show, but released after entering a plea.

Last edited:
Chief Mina tweeted Mon. 3:02 pm
"Yes we believe the children are still alive."

on WFTV Facebook from Mon. June 11

So this is 15 hrs. after standoff started. And 5 1/2 hours before
LE went in and discovered everyone dead.

Wonder why they thought the kids were still alive at 3:02 pm ??

My guess is because they hadn't heard any more gunshots and because the suspect led them to believe they were alive. IMO he already killed them, possibly before LE had even gotten there, or right before he shot the officer. To me it makes the most sense. I'm also interested to see the report. I hope they make it public.

They always presume they are alive until they have evidence they are dead. Often barricade situations go on for hours or even days after the person kills themself.

Just FYI- American Hospital Association lists:
Critical Condition means- Patient has unstable vital signs that
are not normal and could be unconscious. Indicators for
recovery are unfavorable.

Vital Signs: heartbeat, breathing rate, temperature and blood
pressure.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online