Identified! FL - Ormond Beach, WhtMale 1047UMFL, 20-35, deformed jaw, biker gear, Jan'86 - Howard “Kip” Evans

I found this guy too. The photo states on the Doe page its from 1979.. and it also states he was in Route to Florida.. The style of clothing seem similar as well as the stats.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4402dmky.html

Perry Juerrell Stokes
Missing since August 24, 1982 from Elkton, Todd County, Kentucky
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar that runs from breast bone to approximately 2" from navel from a previous spleen operation. Flat area on back of right side of head.

Clothing: Last seen wearing a pair of blue jeans, a shirt of unknown color, a camouflage hat, and a brown belt with a German-type eagle on the buckle. It is believed that the back of his belt buckle was engraved with the phrase "white brass" and possibly his social security number. Tan boots, size 9 or 9 1/2.
Jewelry: It is believed that he may have had an unknown quantity of rings in his possession for possible resale. Gold chain necklace with the emblem of a horse with wings inside a circle.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
AKA: Buck or Juerrell

Circumstances of Disappearance
On the afternoon of August 24, 1982 it was believed that Perry went squirrel hunting with a friend.
Afterward they went to the friends house. He advised his dad that he would be home shortly.
Close friends believe that he may have been en route to either Nashville or Florida.

View attachment 117635View attachment 117636

This guy looks like a real possibility. Besides what appears to be a lopsided jaw, he's described as having " Flat area on back of right side of head." According to the wikipedia article, hemifacial microsomia can cause irregularities in other areas including the ear and side of the skull, so that would fit.

And the jewelry seems similar if not identical.

This guy looks like a real possibility. Besides what appears to be a lopsided jaw, he's described as having " Flat area on back of right side of head." According to the wikipedia article, hemifacial microsomia can cause irregularities in other areas including the ear and side of the skull, so that would fit.

Maybe a submit???

Yes the Jewelry was interesting to me also.. He apparently had lots of rings to sell and who knows if he traded things along the way or other jewelry and belt buckles that were not mentioned..

I'm really really intrigued by this case. Not like Lyle, not like grateful, not like Mostly Harmless....I dont know, this one has kinda pulled my heart. So I'll continue to work for the identity of this Doe

Howard “Kip” Evans.

293522_standard.jpeg

Last edited:
Official announcement on police FB page:

94030684_2659082667703933_4645380745534111744_n.png

Decades after he was killed, Howard “Kip” Evans is no longer listed as John Doe 1986.

Evans’ skeletal remains were discovered Jan. 18, 1986, off Pump House Road near Jones Island Road in the Ormond Beach area. His remains had been there for an undetermined amount of time. Forensic examination of the skeleton revealed violent trauma, and the death was determined to be a homicide.

Although various leads and tips were pursued throughout the years, the victim was unable to be identified, and the case went cold.

Between 2006 and 2011, DNA was obtained from the skeletal remains and sent to several laboratories for comparison to DNA in the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), but there were no matches.

In 2014, facial reconstruction models were generated through the Florida Institute of Forensic Anthropology and Applied Science at the University of South Florida.

In 2019, the Major Case Unit received information regarding social media posts generated in a Missing Persons group. The posts advised that a woman’s son, Howard Evans, had been missing since 1984 and was last known to be in Volusia County. Evans was about 29 years old at the time he went missing.

It was determined that no formal missing person’s report was ever generated for Evans. Due to Evans being missing for 6 years, the family had him legally declared deceased in 1990. As the follow-up investigation continued, detectives obtained a DNA sample from Evans’ mother, who resided in South Carolina.

DNA analysis was performed by the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) and the FBI. This month, an association was made between the family reference DNA obtained from the mother and the human remains known as John Doe 1986. Based on this association, a positive identification was made confirming that the human remains were that of Howard Evans (DOB 03/25/1955).

Evans’ mother was notified that her son, who she last had contact with nearly 36 years ago, had been located. The Medical Examiner’s Office is working with Evans’ family for the release of his remains.

The homicide investigation continues, and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Volusia Sheriff’s Office Major Case Unit at 386-254-1537.

Direct link - Volusia Sheriff's Office

I couldn't find a thread for the other identified Doe, Doris Regina Chavers.
They really flubbed it with her case.
She had been incorrectly identified as Asian or Pacific Islander but turned out to be a black woman.
To really rub it in, she was from Florida, the very state her remains were found in.
She had a NamUs entry as well and a page on Charley Project.

I wonder what the Facebook group in question was. There are so many.
I've occasionally encountered posts on Facebook pages from people who are ostensibly related to missing people and they almost always have more information than a publicly available database. A lot of cases could benefit from an info dump.

She had been incorrectly identified as Asian or Pacific Islander but turned out to be a black woman.
To really rub it in, she was from Florida, the very state her remains were found in.
Here’s the thread for her. I added the articles from here to her thread.

FL - Doris Regina Chavers 32, missing from Sanford, FL 1989

In January 1986, the remains of an individual were discovered in Bulow State Park, Ormond Beach, Florida. He had been murdered and dumped in the location. He was ID'd about 2 weeks ago as Howard Wesley "Kip" Evans. He was from Norfolk, Virginia and vanished sometime in 1984 (Exact date is unknown). He made a trip to Deland, Florida, and was last spotted at a storage zone. To my research, this storage zone is on 360 Michigan Avenue in Deland. No one is certain about what happened after he was seen at the storage zone, but it appears he was murdered shortly after.

Oh JovanSrna I know! It just makes me wonder how many UID out there have been identified incorrectly !!!

I was able to dig up some info, and here's what I found

Howard Wesley Evans, known as "Kip", was born on March 25, 1955, in Norfolk, Virginia. He had a younger sister named Barbie, but that's all when it comes to siblings. He played guitar and drums, and often played in local bands. He often visited nearby Woodbridge.

It appears he became estranged from his family in 1982, because that was the last time his mother saw him. Correct me if I am wrong. He went to DeLand, Florida at one point, and appears to have been arrested there. About his disappearance, he was last seen at a storage zone on Michigan Avenue in DeLand, which appears to be 360 Michigan Avenue. This was in June 1984, and he was never seen or heard from again.

After realizing that he had been missing for a while, his family attempted to file a missing person's report, but the police refused as it was apparently not unusual for a 29 year old man to vanish. They even attempted to put his case on Unsolved Mysteries. He was declared dead in 1990.

I was able to dig up some info, and here's what I found

Howard Wesley Evans, known as "Kip", was born on March 25, 1955, in Norfolk, Virginia. He had a younger sister named Barbie, but that's all when it comes to siblings. He played guitar and drums, and often played in local bands. He often visited nearby Woodbridge.

It appears he became estranged from his family in 1982, because that was the last time his mother saw him. Correct me if I am wrong. He went to DeLand, Florida at one point, and appears to have been arrested there. About his disappearance, he was last seen at a storage zone on Michigan Avenue in DeLand, which appears to be 360 Michigan Avenue. This was in June 1984, and he was never seen or heard from again.

After realizing that he had been missing for a while, his family attempted to file a missing person's report, but the police refused as it was apparently not unusual for a 29 year old man to vanish. They even attempted to put his case on Unsolved Mysteries. He was declared dead in 1990.

Weird they would say Woodbridge is near Norfolk. It’s a good 2.5 hours away, often more with traffic. I’m glad he was identified for his family’s sake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back