Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co, near State Rd 703, WhtFem 14-15, UP16314, in woods, Jun'74 - Suzanne Gale Poole

As promised, the information on this Jane Doe, perhaps should be known as "Singer Island Jane Doe". The second news article is a little blurry so you may have to zoom in. If anyone has problems, I can also type it up.

Attachments

• Singer Island Doe 3.jpg
    Singer Island Doe 3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Singer Island Doe 2.jpg
    Singer Island Doe 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Singer Island Doe.jpg
    Singer Island Doe.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for the links Jason! I'm not sure about anyone else but I couldn't read the second article at all and definitely would like it typed-up. I think you're right about the better pseudonym for her being "Singer Island Jane Doe" as well, it's more accurate on where she was found and has a much nicer sound to it.

Thanks for the links Jason! I'm not sure about anyone else but I couldn't read the second article at all and definitely would like it typed-up. I think you're right about the better pseudonym for her being "Singer Island Jane Doe" as well, it's more accurate on where she was found and has a much nicer sound to it.
I will type it up when I get home!

(Perfect example of “work smarter not harder”... I spent the better part of an hour trying to make out the article in order to type it out... only to find a clear image of the article AFTER I was done typing it up :rolleyes: ;) Nonetheless, here is a (hopefully) clearer image of the newspaper article AND a fully typed version of said article. Forgive me if this has already been done...for some reason I thought this poor girl had been identified ;))

DENTAL RECORDS MAY HELP IDENTIFY SKELETON

“Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department today will take dental information to Broward County authorities in hopes of identifying the skeleton of a girl found Sunday in a dense mangrove area on Singer Island.

The skeleton was found shortly before noon Sunday by a Lake Park father and his two teenage sons, who were looking for driftwood in the area between Lake Worth and SR A1A, about two miles south of Lost Tree Village.

Local police will compare dental charts they made yesterday with similar data on file in the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, to learn if the skeleton is one of several girls reported missing in the past two years.

Police also found a piece of what is believed to be human flesh which may give them the victim’s blood type. However, chemical tests on the material probably won’t be available for about 10 days.

That piece of flesh, the skull and lower jaw - with teeth intact - and a couple of scraps of clothing is about all authorities have to go on in their efforts to learn the girls identity and how and when she died.

So far, police have deterred that the woman was white between 13 and 19 years old at the time of death, was between 4-foot-11 and 5-foot-2 ½ tall, weighed between 83 and 120 pounds and had strawberry blonde hair.

“If we came up with an identification of this (skeleton), it will be a stroke of luck”, Sheriff William Heidtman said yesterday. “The way young girls are hitchhiking today, this girl could have come from anywhere in the country”.

Police also gound [sic] two pieces of clothing - a pullover sweater and a pair of bikini panties - which may have been worn by the victim.

The sweater is black, trimmed at the bottom with a wide band of gray. Full-length gray sleeves protrude from shorter, capped sleeves, giving the sweater the appearance of being a two-piece garment. The panties were described as yellow with yellow metallic stripes.

While police say there is no “apparent evidence” of foul play, there reportedly are holes in the back of the sweater that could have been made by bullets.

“We haven’t been able to determine if they are bullet holes”, Heidtman said. “They could be, but we haven’t found any lead (bullets) at the scene yet.”

The job of determining where the victim died - or was killed - has been made even more difficult because the skeleton was scattered over a relatively wide area.

Police theorize the bones were scattered by animals and birds that found the body in its stages of decomposition. The animals apparently also destroyed any evidence that would tell police if the body had been buried or had decomposed on the surface of the ground.

“Even if it had been buried,'' one detective explained, “It would have been uncovered by animals in the area”.

Because of the destructive ability of the animals - such as dogs, raccoons and land crabs - police aren’t certain where the victim died. However, they believe death may have occurred between eight weeks and eight months before the skeleton was found.

“But, it’s very possible it could have been there much longer than than”, a detective admitted.

The scattering of bones by animals created problems with Martin County authorities last year when they found the remains of two Broward County teenage girls in a remote, wooded area on Hutchinson Island.

Former Martin County Sheriff’s Deputy Gerard? John Schaefer was tried and convicted in the deaths of the two girls, identified as 16-year old Susan Place, of Oakland Park, and 17-year old Georgia Jessup of Ft. Lauderdale.

Schaefer, now serving a life sentence in Raiford State Prison, is appealing the case.”

DE865810-0A68-44A2-AA35-0A8BD22111C0.jpeg 80872C8D-EDAB-44DB-BE38-05B3FCB0E8BA.jpeg 2AD75F9E-9697-45B1-A1CA-7E31DB544CD9.jpeg 7A13CD97-8595-4553-9061-23FA09A08C30.jpeg A30DE875-65E5-46CC-9CA4-CDEA6586C138.jpeg D54D52DF-85EE-4981-B153-56AA08C08E1F.jpeg A4C497CF-0820-4C71-A1FC-3D47162E31E9.jpeg

(Perfect example of “work smarter not harder”... I spent the better part of an hour trying to make out the article in order to type it out... only to find a clear image of the article AFTER I was done typing it up :rolleyes: ;) Nonetheless, here is a (hopefully) clearer image of the newspaper article AND a fully typed version of said article. Forgive me if this has already been done...for some reason I thought this poor girl had been identified ;))

DENTAL RECORDS MAY HELP IDENTIFY SKELETON

“Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department today will take dental information to Broward County authorities in hopes of identifying the skeleton of a girl found Sunday in a dense mangrove area on Singer Island.

The skeleton was found shortly before noon Sunday by a Lake Park father and his two teenage sons, who were looking for driftwood in the area between Lake Worth and SR A1A, about two miles south of Lost Tree Village.

Local police will compare dental charts they made yesterday with similar data on file in the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, to learn if the skeleton is one of several girls reported missing in the past two years.

Police also found a piece of what is believed to be human flesh which may give them the victim’s blood type. However, chemical tests on the material probably won’t be available for about 10 days.

That piece of flesh, the skull and lower jaw - with teeth intact - and a couple of scraps of clothing is about all authorities have to go on in their efforts to learn the girls identity and how and when she died.

So far, police have deterred that the woman was white between 13 and 19 years old at the time of death, was between 4-foot-11 and 5-foot-2 ½ tall, weighed between 83 and 120 pounds and had strawberry blonde hair.

“If we came up with an identification of this (skeleton), it will be a stroke of luck”, Sheriff William Heidtman said yesterday. “The way young girls are hitchhiking today, this girl could have come from anywhere in the country”.

Police also gound [sic] two pieces of clothing - a pullover sweater and a pair of bikini panties - which may have been worn by the victim.

The sweater is black, trimmed at the bottom with a wide band of gray. Full-length gray sleeves protrude from shorter, capped sleeves, giving the sweater the appearance of being a two-piece garment. The panties were described as yellow with yellow metallic stripes.

While police say there is no “apparent evidence” of foul play, there reportedly are holes in the back of the sweater that could have been made by bullets.

“We haven’t been able to determine if they are bullet holes”, Heidtman said. “They could be, but we haven’t found any lead (bullets) at the scene yet.”

The job of determining where the victim died - or was killed - has been made even more difficult because the skeleton was scattered over a relatively wide area.

Police theorize the bones were scattered by animals and birds that found the body in its stages of decomposition. The animals apparently also destroyed any evidence that would tell police if the body had been buried or had decomposed on the surface of the ground.

“Even if it had been buried,'' one detective explained, “It would have been uncovered by animals in the area”.

Because of the destructive ability of the animals - such as dogs, raccoons and land crabs - police aren’t certain where the victim died. However, they believe death may have occurred between eight weeks and eight months before the skeleton was found.

“But, it’s very possible it could have been there much longer than than”, a detective admitted.

The scattering of bones by animals created problems with Martin County authorities last year when they found the remains of two Broward County teenage girls in a remote, wooded area on Hutchinson Island.

Former Martin County Sheriff’s Deputy Gerard? John Schaefer was tried and convicted in the deaths of the two girls, identified as 16-year old Susan Place, of Oakland Park, and 17-year old Georgia Jessup of Ft. Lauderdale.

Schaefer, now serving a life sentence in Raiford State Prison, is appealing the case.”

View attachment 218112 View attachment 218113 View attachment 218107 View attachment 218108 View attachment 218109 View attachment 218110 View attachment 218111

I meant to retype this for the group a while back but I got super busy lol, so thank you so much for retyping this!

As I was doing more research on this case, it appears that there was a suspect in the case named Terry Wayne Walker, who had been questioned by authorities working the Singer Island Jane Doe case. He claimed to have killed this girl by kicking her in the throat after getting into a fight with her (the Jane Doe apparently initiating the fight). They had apparently stayed with each other for a couple of weeks in Daytona before hitch-hiking to Miami in search of drugs.

After they were done in Miami, they caught a ride up to the Singer Island area, where said fight and murder occurred. He left her in a dense mangrove, where the skeletal remains would be found. According to Det. Emilio Diamantis, Walker confessed without even being prompted about the circumstances of this woman’s discovery. It was enough to prompt a search warrant for Walker. And that’s where Walker’s story abruptly ends.

After that, the paper stops covering the case and there is no further word about what happened after or if Walker was ever charged; however I believe that lack of coverage means that the lead was unfounded.

I unofficially confirmed this a few days ago, when doing a search of the Michigan prison system, Terry Walker is still alive. But he’s only been charged with murder in Michigan and Indiana. This man is serving a life sentence, and has essentially been incarcerated since he was 17! Intense stuff!

Here is the article regarding Walker’s involvement plus his mugshot with the MI DOC:
upload_2019-11-29_4-10-44.jpeg
upload_2019-11-29_4-11-14.pngupload_2019-11-29_4-11-14.jpeg

I meant to retype this for the group a while back but I got super busy lol, so thank you so much for retyping this!

As I was doing more research on this case, it appears that there was a suspect in the case named Terry Wayne Walker, who had been questioned by authorities working the Singer Island Jane Doe case. He claimed to have killed this girl by kicking her in the throat after getting into a fight with her (the Jane Doe apparently initiating the fight). They had apparently stayed with each other for a couple of weeks in Daytona before hitch-hiking to Miami in search of drugs.

After they were done in Miami, they caught a ride up to the Singer Island area, where said fight and murder occurred. He left her in a dense mangrove, where the skeletal remains would be found. According to Det. Emilio Diamantis, Walker confessed without even being prompted about the circumstances of this woman’s discovery. It was enough to prompt a search warrant for Walker. And that’s where Walker’s story abruptly ends.

After that, the paper stops covering the case and there is no further word about what happened after or if Walker was ever charged; however I believe that lack of coverage means that the lead was unfounded.

I unofficially confirmed this a few days ago, when doing a search of the Michigan prison system, Terry Walker is still alive. But he’s only been charged with murder in Michigan and Indiana. This man is serving a life sentence, and has essentially been incarcerated since he was 17! Intense stuff!

Here is the article regarding Walker’s involvement plus his mugshot with the MI DOC:
View attachment 218123
View attachment 218125View attachment 218124
Wow :eek:
So this guy admitted to killing a girl who happened to fit the description of this UID and in exact same area she was found... but they determined she was not the missing girl from Michigan? (I wondered what led them to search missing teenage girls there in the first place)

So, was he mistaken about the identity of the girl he killed? Who was the Michigan girl - was she ever found? Seems like he was pretty forthcoming in his confession ... I’m curious now why this UID was not a match to the young girl he admitted killing. (JMO) This guy seems like a real winner.

*ETA- it just dawned on me about his age! 17?! I guess him being incarcerated most of his life has been a blessing

Last edited:
Wow :eek:
So this guy admitted to killing a girl who happened to fit the description of this UID and in exact same area she was found... but they determined she was not the missing girl from Michigan? (I wondered what led them to search missing teenage girls there in the first place)

So, was he mistaken about the identity of the girl he killed? Who was the Michigan girl - was she ever found? Seems like he was pretty forthcoming in his confession ... I’m curious now why this UID was not a match to the young girl he admitted killing. (JMO) This guy seems like a real winner.

*ETA- it just dawned on me about his age! 17?! I guess him being incarcerated most of his life has been a blessing
So the way I understand this case, it sounds like the unidentified woman he purportedly killed was this Jane Doe AND the Michigan girl named Bonnie Robinson. I could be misinterpreting this, but that’s how it sounds. It sounds like he killed Bonnie Robinson before or after he claimed to have killed Singer Island Jane Doe.

I think a nationwide teletype is what led to authorities in Roseville to glance at the case. Police utilizing teletyping was big at the time when there was no NCIC program.

Regardless, I’m not sure what to make of it. Either Walker was telling the truth or may have been a very good liar. There really isn’t much on Walker online, likely because he was stopped before he could do any more damage to people.

So the way I understand this case, it sounds like the unidentified woman he purportedly killed was this Jane Doe AND the Michigan girl named Bonnie Robinson. I could be misinterpreting this, but that’s how it sounds. It sounds like he killed Bonnie Robinson before or after he claimed to have killed Singer Island Jane Doe.

I think a nationwide teletype is what led to authorities in Roseville to glance at the case. Police utilizing teletyping was big at the time when there was no NCIC program.

Regardless, I’m not sure what to make of it. Either Walker was telling the truth or may have been a very good liar. There really isn’t much on Walker online, likely because he was stopped before he could do any more damage to people.

When I first read this, a case clicked in my head, so I had to go look it up. If the Michigan girl he killed is still out there somewhere, then could she be this doe? She was found aroundish the same time.... I have no idea what Bonnie looked like...

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back