FL FL - Paola Marie Miranda-Rosa, 31, Orange Co, Car Found at Wekiwa Springs Park, 17 Dec 2021

After having the opportunity to visiting and spend time exploring the reserves/preserves of Florida, that looks like an area of water I would go out of my way to avoid. It gives me chills thinking about the alligators I saw and think about her swimming in there. I hope she is found safe.

After having the opportunity to visiting and spend time exploring the reserves/preserves of Florida, that looks like an area of water I would go out of my way to avoid. It gives me chills thinking about the alligators I saw and think about her swimming in there. I hope she is found safe.
A gator was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. Years ago my husband and I tubed down another spring run (Rainbow River), it’s crystal clear and swimming and tubing were permitted. We stopped at a rock in the middle of the river for lunch on a wide part and while we were eating a huge gator slid into the river from the bank directly across from us. Needless to say we didn’t finish lunch. The area where Paola was swimming does not look safe for swimming in Florida. Another concern would be cottonmouths but I would think her body would have been found by now.

I truly hope they find her safe in the area just living off grid. In a park she’ll usually have access to potable water which should keep her alive. Food sources could be discarded items from others. Perhaps she made her way out of there and into a homeless encampment. Let’s hope so.

Unfortunately, the gators will take a body to a secluded area for safekeeping, guard that area and then finish off the remains. I’m sure they’re searching for a possessive gator in remote areas.

That does look like a terrifying place to swim to me personally -- I don't like when I can't see the bottom! Obviously this area is prime gator habitat, but I'm not sure it was warm enough for them to be active. If any of you followed the Mike Williams case (also in December in Florida), you might remember his mom knew the initial explanation of an alligator attack was wrong because experts told her it was too cool for them to be feeding.

The Sheriff has acquired a Zistos Portable Underwater Video Camera System to help search the area of the river where Paola was last seen. This equipment is a high-intensity camera system with lights,” the department said on Facebook. “It has the capability to see into hard-to-reach areas that cannot be explored by standard scuba equipment.”
Missing Florida woman seen swimming in river in video, photos taken day of disappearance: police - News Nation USA
Just FYI, this is another aggregated news site like Texas News Daily and California News Times. The article linked above is just a copy of Fox's article published JANUARY 7.

That site "News Nation USA" is a spoof of the real NewsNation Now site which is a legit news site. Click on your link and then on this one to see the difference: NewsNation Now - Unbiased US News, Breaking News, Headlines & Video

Just FYI, this is another aggregated news site like Texas News Daily and California News Times. The article linked above is just a copy of Fox's article published JANUARY 7.

That site "News Nation USA" is a spoof of the real NewsNation Now site which is a legit news site. Click on your link and then on this one to see the difference: NewsNation Now - Unbiased US News, Breaking News, Headlines & Video
Gracias. I’ve been away for awhile and bit out of practice. I’ve been wondering about that NewsNation. Man, I just need to slow down but I’ve been on this mad hurry rush for almost 45 days with Mama and finally have relief. Trying to unwind. It’s a process. Thanks again.

Gracias. I’ve been away for awhile and bit out of practice. I’ve been wondering about that NewsNation. Man, I just need to slow down but I’ve been on this mad hurry rush for almost 45 days with Mama and finally have relief. Trying to unwind. It’s a process. Thanks again.
And, you've been missed!!! Hope your mama's better.
t4518.gif
No worries at all, I'm all for anything that bumps a missing person's thread. I just hate those sites because you don't know until you reach the bottom of the article (where they cite the "source") that you just read the same thing they copied from a legit source from a week or more ago. :rolleyes: MOO

MAY 17

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. - Tuesday marks 5 months since Osceola County woman Paola Miranda-Rosa disappeared.

Paola, 31, disappeared on Dec. 17, 2021, just before Christmas.

"It’s hard to even focus on the fact that it’s the holiday season. I don’t even know what day it is right now," Andrea Miranda, Paola’s sister, said last year.

Paola-Marie-Miranda-Rosa.jpg

paola.jpg

More at Paola Miranda-Rosa: 5 months since Central Florida woman went missing

It’s been seven months since Paola Miranda Rosa disappeared and her family is calling on the community to join them this weekend as they continue searching for her.

They are gathering Sunday at 10 a.m. at Kit Land Nelson Park in Apopka and want volunteers to help discuss “ideas to continue with the search for Paola. We also need people that can help put up flyers and hand them out in the community,” the social media posting says.

They want answers, her cousin Cecilia De León told El Sentinel Orlando. “I am confident she is somewhere out there. I am confident she is alive. And even if she weren’t, we need answers. We need closure.”

Among the group was the father of 14-year-old Victoria Gonzales, who went missing in Miramar 10 months ago.

“We want to do whatever we can to help this family because we know the pain. We know when it feels like nobody’s in your corner,” Gonzalez said.

De Leon said told Channel 9 that seven months later, she’s disappointed more has not been done by the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office to close this case.

Unlikely hopefully, but cross-posting..

DEC 21, 2022
[...]

On December 18, 2021, witnesses saw Miranda-Rosa entering a body of water near the Otter Camp section of Wekiva Springs State Park. Police say they found her vehicle parked at the facility.

1672598820704.png

[...]

If you have seen or know the whereabouts of Paola Marie Miranda-Rosa, contact the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office at 407-348-2222.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back