FL FL - Phillip Koss, 24, Fort Myers, 13 March 1995

Him being a young man with mental health issues, I've always thought a suicide is most likely though. I do no think he is still alive sadly.

According to his Charley profile he had a nervous breakdown and disappeared from a Fort Myers group home.

Philip's appearance changes a fair bit, if he is still with us he might be unrecognizable at first, imo.speculation.
From your link, thanks MagnoliaMountain!

• phillip_john_koss_1.jpg
  • phillip_john_koss_2.jpg
  • phillip_john_koss_3.jpg
  • phillip_john_koss_4.jpg

Yes, many looks. Imagine how he's changed since going missing.

I was reading about his case. There was mention that he was interested in the Hare Krishna. My theory is that he join them and has been living amongst them or at least was for a time. It's very possible he's still alive. In fact, I lean more in that direction than thinking he is deceased.

Hopefully he is alive.
I wish there were more photos of him we could see since he seemed to have so many different looks. He really does look like different people in some of the photos.

Also, I wonder what the "mental health issues" were specifically. I think it would be helpful to know. Bipolar? Schizophrenia? Something else?

So many questions about this case.

Like the fact that he was living in a group home but what was it like? He had a car... so he was allowed to come and go as he pleased? Was he on medications?
What did the others at the group home say about the last time they saw him?
Apparently he had a nervous breakdown but what brought it on? Was he having problems with the other boarders?

According to his Charley profile he had a nervous breakdown and disappeared from a Fort Myers group home.

Strange. I don't know why but I always thought he has a nervous breakdown at the group home and then disappeared... but the Doe Network site reads as if the nervous breakdown was why he went to live in the group home.
He was studying music and mechanical engineering at the University of Florida. But after a nervous break down he'd moved into a group home in Fort Myers.

Also, I wonder if that's the case, he was attending University when the breakdown happened (ie. was a current student).
And I wonder how long was he in the group home.

I think his mom was posting on FB but it seems to have been a while since anyone posted. Someone on the group said something about losing touch with him AFTER graduating so I guess he wasn't in school...?

Last edited:
Very interesting info I came across. He and his parents/family are mentioned in a book. I think they're related to George Washington.

Facts:
  • His parents are divorced (in '83).
  • His father is a lawyer.
  • His mother works/worked in mental health field.
  • He graduated U of Florida with honors, in Mechanical Engineering.
  • He was concertmaster of Gainsville Orchestra. Was a very gifted violinist.

There's also an interesting mention of the name WOLF, which apparently he used as a nickname or surname sometimes. Not sure how he's connected to this person. I think Wolf might be a family name.
U2Gc47M.png

Last edited:
Something interesting I just realized reading over that screenshot I posted: He disappeared the month after his mother remarried. I wonder if this upset him?? Hmmm...

What could have happened to this talented creative young man? He was a victim of mental illness - not his fault.

It's curious that his vehicle was found near his mother's house.
Did he possibly meet up with someone he knew in the area?
Did he want to lead a transient lifestyle in an area where he felt comfortable, at least for awhile?
Where could he have ended-up?

Phillip John Koss – The Charley Project
...his red 1991 Geo Metro sedan was located abandoned in the Meadows subdivision on Longmeadow Boulevard in Sarasota, Florida, near his mother's home...
There were a few reported sightings of Koss in the local area in 1995 and 1996, but these were never confirmed, and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

MAR 13, 2023

336172675_750307046475388_5299542643228014711_n.jpg

Still missing, it's been 28 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member