Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the details in the photo would indicate that it was infact taken in the late '80's so I would consider the '89 date to be accurate.

Yeah and the fact that there have never been any leads at all on these two kids makes me think that the two were never missing kids to begin with.

I don't doubt that it was taken in 1989 I was just wondering if there has been any facts stated about the date of manufacture of this particular film

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

And ya never missing! Unless it was a custodial/non-custodial dispute that got figured out amongst the parents! So end of story

Yep. Of course I am no expert but I would think that if these two were kidnapped from a set (or sets) of parents we would have seen pictures and lost children reports come out about kids that strongly resembled them.

Yes. Earlier in this thread.
I don't doubt that it was taken in 1989 I was just wondering if there has been any facts stated about the date of manufacture of this particular film

Father's day weekend.. hey kids let's play a little trick on mom

Yes. Earlier in this thread.
I know it was stated earlier in this thread, but that is only place that I have read anywhere about this particular photo! Everywhere else I've read about this case i have only seen the date of manufacture date about the 2 photos that were never released to the public! So wondering if that date of manufacture just got misconstrued and attached to this photo along the way!

I know it was stated earlier in this thread, but that is only place that I have read anywhere about this particular photo! Everywhere else I've read about this case i have only seen the date of manufacture date about the 2 photos that were never released to the public! So wondering if that date of manufacture just got misconstrued and attached to this photo along the way!

The photo had a lot # on the reverse that was sent to the Polaroid Resource center who determined that it was produced in January 1989, shipped to stores in mid March '89, with the earliest date of possible retail in April '89.

Source is again from the pod cast on the Los Alamos analysis at the 1h 5 min mark.

This would indicate the photo was taken between April '89 and 15th June '89

There is definitely a reflection in the chrome of the van door handle:

attachment.php

Windows of a 3 story building? Phone booth?

Attachments

• DoorH.PNG
    DoorH.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 273
I'm still puzzled about the latest higher res image i that has just recently been made available thanks to access to all the case files by Esquibel

Which image was shown to the public back when this happened in '89? I can't find links to the original Oprah and Current Affair episodes, but if the original wasn't used then so much extra info wasn't shared with the public.

Did authorities deliberately crop the photo to withhold information that could be potentially only known to the people behind the photo? Something that might be used in any prosecutions?

I'm still puzzled about the latest higher res image i that has just recently been made available thanks to access to all the case files by Esquibel

Which image was shown to the public back when this happened in '89? I can't find links to the original Oprah and Current Affair episodes, but if the original wasn't used then so much extra info wasn't shared with the public.

Did authorities deliberately crop the photo to withhold information that could be potentially only known to the people behind the photo? Something that might be used in any prosecutions?

I could see them cropping it for the public for a couple of reasons. For starters it is easier to see as the kids look a lot closer to the camera in the cropped image. Also I could see them originally wanting to cover up anything in the photo that might make people think it was taken in a white van because you wouldn't want some folks chasing down every white van that they saw.

I could see them cropping it for the public for a couple of reasons. For starters it is easier to see as the kids look a lot closer to the camera in the cropped image. Also I could see them originally wanting to cover up anything in the photo that might make people think it was taken in a white van because you wouldn't want some folks chasing down every white van that they saw.

That does make sense, the goal at the time was to make an ID on the kids.

I was just researching a bit and what a coincidence I just ran into! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it. Has nothing to do with case! Sheriff Rene Rivera from Valencia county ran into a little trouble of his own a couple days ago!

Can someone give me the name of the sheriff of Valencia county before Rene Rivera took office

After doing some research and listening to podcasts I am certain that Tara Calico's case has been solved. No arrests can be made, however due to no body and no evidence! Plus I'm pretty sure one of her "attackers" is deceased! And also deceased are the people that helped cover up the crime and get rid of the body! So I do understand why Rene Rivera can say he knows who did it but can't make any arrests! It's actually pretty obvious to me what Happened to Tara that day after doing all the research! It also clears up why exactly Tara's mom wanted this picture attached to Tara's case as it was the only reason FBI got involved with Tara's case and considering the local law enforcement was part of the cover up well that explains why she'd want FBI looking into it!

The day Tara's family says uhhh no that isn't Tara in the photo is the day that the FBI says see ya later! I'm sure her family knows what happened to her too but in order for an arrest to be made they'd need FBI involved due to the local sheriff's office being involved in the cover up of Tara's disappearance! Pretty sure it's too late for any arrests because no one is going to reveal where her body is, but it would be nice for the calico family if one of these cowards can at least leave an anonymous note/letter stating what Happened that day that way they can at least have the peace of mind that she is definitely not alive!!

I agree jccoa1999, and hopefully now with those individuals out of the way the truth will hopefully come out.

That still leaves the question as to who these two kids are. If the Calico case is finally solved it might just give the publicity needed to crack this too.

Hi JC,

Here are several dependable sources that address when that particular kind of Polaroid film was made. Sources include Polaroid officials and police. Hope this helps!

http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news03/091903_news_tara.shtml

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/2...ldren-has-stumped-detectives-for-decades.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

https://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-h...idnapping-that-remain-unsolved-to-this-day/8/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html

[emoji202]MOO

The day Tara's family says uhhh no that isn't Tara in the photo is the day that the FBI says see ya later! I'm sure her family knows what happened to her too but in order for an arrest to be made they'd need FBI involved due to the local sheriff's office being involved in the cover up of Tara's disappearance! Pretty sure it's too late for any arrests because no one is going to reveal where her body is, but it would be nice for the calico family if one of these cowards can at least leave an anonymous note/letter stating what Happened that day that way they can at least have the peace of mind that she is definitely not alive!!

If that is the case it is a good thing no other families have come forward. It could have turned into a messy situation if multiple different families were battling over the identity of those two kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304