Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed: Today i saw another aspect in that photo so please look at the girl's legs and the pose of the legs then compare with the rest of her body, it seems that the girl is leaning her legs to the opposite side of the photographer.......she might be more comfortable that way? can it just be a coincidence? childhood trauma? No, you can immediately understand why that girl does it..........(
This photo have a terrible and dark history.

She most likely isn't even tied up. It really appears as though she is just sitting on her hands.

She most likely isn't even tied up. It really appears as though she is just sitting on her hands.
and why do you all think that she is connected with a rope, or maybe she is in handcuffs, yes, in handcuffs in those days, any citizen could get handcuffs. and the handcuffs do not strain the whole hand but only the palm itself

And I think that you can twist the rope in many ways so that the hands themselves look free, but you will not get free in any way

and why do you all think that she is connected with a rope, or maybe she is in handcuffs, yes, in handcuffs in those days, any citizen could get handcuffs. and the handcuffs do not strain the whole hand but only the palm itself

Are you talking about the pics from the van? There is no evidence that any rope or handcuffs were involved in that situation.

When your hands are tied behind your back your back is generally arched. There doesn't appear to be any arch in the young ladies back in that picture.

The position she is in does however look exactly like it would when you are just sitting on your hands.

Are you talking about the pics from the van? There is no evidence that any rope or handcuffs were involved in that situation.
Yes, I am talking about this photo. But look, there is no REAL evidence that this photo is a joke. I mean REAL official evidence….

Do you mean that if the hands are behind the back, then the torso itself will rise a little up?
if yes, then it can be seen in the photo but a little I don’t understand what kind of back deflections are you talking about? By the way, today I really tried several times to create a girl’s pose and even with my hands tied (yes, I’m a little strange) and I want to say with full confidence that this is the only pose that is comfortable when your hands are tied behind your back.
And let me tell you right now. YES, it’s real to tie your hands in such a way that you couldn’t swing them like that, but such a comfortable arm bend as a girl’s will definitely work out, the main thing is to put up with situations and relax ...

Last edited:
Yes, I am talking about this photo. But look, there is no REAL evidence that this photo is a joke. I mean REAL official evidence….

Do you mean that if the hands are behind the back, then the torso itself will rise a little up?
if yes, then it can be seen in the photo but a little I don’t understand what kind of back deflections are you talking about? By the way, today I really tried several times to create a girl’s pose and even with my hands tied (yes, I’m a little strange) and I want to say with full confidence that this is the only pose that is comfortable when your hands are tied behind your back.
And let me tell you right now. YES, it’s real to tie your hands in such a way that you couldn’t swing them like that, but such a comfortable arm bend as a girl’s will definitely work out, the main thing is to put up with situations and relax ...
You are welcome to your opinion but I don't agree with you. I don't see any arch in the girls pose. She simply just looks like she is sitting on her hands.

Infact if you look at the picture really closely you can see her fingers and they are in a location that would be a very unnatural location to be in if her hands were tied or cuffed.

And while there is no evidence the picture is a joke there also is no evidence that it is real either. That is pretty much all we have been doing in this thread for who knows how long is debating if the photo is a joke or real.

. She simply just looks like she is sitting on her hands.

Infact if you look at the picture really closely you can see her fingers and they are in a location that would be a very unnatural location to be in if her hands were tied or cuffed.

I don’t have a dog in this fight either way, and can see how the ‘sitting on her hands’ argument could be valid.

However, I don’t see fingers ‘in an unnatural location’ - do you mean in the crook of her arm? Because that looks like part of the sheet to me.

I don’t have a dog in this fight either way, and can see how the ‘sitting on her hands’ argument could be valid.

However, I don’t see fingers ‘in an unnatural location’ - do you mean in the crook of her arm? Because that looks like part of the sheet to me.

It would be around where her shorts are. You probably need to find a cropped image to see them.

You are welcome to your opinion but I don't agree with you. I don't see any arch in the girls pose. She simply just looks like she is sitting on her hands.

And while there is no evidence the picture is a joke there also is no evidence that it is real either. That is pretty much all we have been doing in this thread for who knows how long is debating if the photo is a joke or real.
I understand you well, but I also disagree with your opinion, but I won’t completely reject the fact that this photo is just a joke either, because yes, it might just be a joke and maybe now these young people who are in the photo just living a happy life .... in the wild forest of course but okay..

<modsnip>
But is there such a version among these comments that these two young men could be village childrens? A? someone might have thought about it.
And if let's assume that this is a real kidnapping of these poor children, or maybe it's what kind of extortion deal is this ???!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes, it somehow seems to me that the girl, well, I don’t know how she doesn’t lie comfortably, look at her head, she looks somehow uncomfortable, if you lie like that, your neck will get tired pretty quickly and your head may start to hurt, you can even see that her chin starts to rest a little in the chest, well, it may just seem to me. But the fact that her legs are somehow strangely turned away from the photographer, and this is starting to alarm

Yes the photo that is most widely circulated (and likely the one that most people first see) is a cropped image that takes out all the light from the original. The one that has been posted in this thread most recently still probably isn't even the original (I don't believe the original photo ever found its way to the internet).

Also @case researcher you can edit your previous posts if you think of something new instead of posting four or five different posts all in a row. It makes your thoughts a little easier to follow as well if you combine them all in one post.

The edit function is down on the left corner by the report button.

As far as the two people from the photo never identifying themselves if the photo was a joke Melinda Esquibel (who has researched the Tara Calico case and supposedly went to school with her) also did an episode about the photo from Florida. She didn't have much info on the photo either (as there isn't much info to get) but she did say that she was contacted once by a retired police investigator who told her that he was once contacted by a lady who said she was the girl in the photo. She couldn't verify his story because he said the report he made for it was lost when the computer crashed. No its nothing that can be verified as having definitely happened but it is something she mentioned in her podcast.

Last edited:
<modsnip - discuss the case, not other members> I got acquainted with this case not long ago and I didn’t read a hundred articles, only some just don’t make sense, everyone everywhere writes the same thing, only everyone has a slightly changed “design” of the text, and that’s it the same thing, and so I thought that this is the best thing to learn from the names of sites like this one where there will be a discussion and yes, I just invented all these previous stories looking at that photo and reading the comments, by the way I have another theory, well, or fiction about these children in the photo ... Well, we just need to somehow move forward and not completely unfreeze this thing, but at least a small part of it, but how will we do it if there is NO information, so you have to come up with theories yourself ... well .. it's obvious.

Here's another one of my inventions: So maybe it's a sister and a brother who just walked somewhere just like Tara, and because the Kid is still young, it's easy to deceive him, so it happens in the world that there are just completely sick people who just kidnap people for fun and when these young men were walking, that very white van drove up to them and a man came out of it who simply lured the boy, for example, for sweets or something else for some kind of sweets. You know, this is still happening today. And now the boy, believing that there the uncle would give sweets, ran to him, and the sister was already an adult and realized that this was a hoax, she wanted to recall the naive brother, but it was too late that "uncle" grabbed the boy and threw him into the van well, the sister has nothing left to do but run and try to save her gullible brother, well, you yourself understand what a 15-16-year-old girl will do to some psychopath at 30 years old (maybe even he was not alone ...)

I'm not saying the report about the policeman is legit. However it is more than anything else we have. That's basically why this photo has continued to be talked about throughout all these years because there isn't any evidence to either prove it or disprove it. It's basically just a photograph with very little context to it.

One thing I will say though is that if it was never attached to the Tara Calico case it would have long since been forgotten about (infact it likely would have never even found its way to the internet). Pictures of people being gagged and/or bound pop up on the internet all the time. 95% of them are obvious jokes.

I recall reading, some time back, that Tara's mother said that a scar that Tara was known to have on her leg, is visible in that photograph, which was one of the reasons that she was sure that it was authentically Tara. I'll point out that in the clearer image shown above (which suddenly seems to have been removed....why?), there were two scars visible: one on her right calf, and one on her right thigh.

<modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>

I'm not saying the report about the policeman is legit. However it is more than anything else we have. That's basically why this photo has continued to be talked about throughout all these years because there isn't any evidence to either prove it or disprove it. It's basically just a photograph with very little context to it.

One thing I will say though is that if it was never attached to the Tara Calico case it would have long since been forgotten about (infact it likely would have never even found its way to the internet). Pictures of people being gagged and/or bound pop up on the internet all the time. 95% of them are obvious jokes.
Well, yes, maybe a joke, <modsnip - conspiracy theory>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members