Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port St. Joe is on the Gulf of Mexico, and it has lots of farms and dockyards. Both types of places are known for employing less-than-legal labor. It's far more likely that any human trafficking in the area was of undocumented adult Mexican and Caribbean immigrants.
Yeah, well, yes, it may well be real that these children were given into slavery.

Think about it, if they are still alive, just slaves, then imagine what they had to go through, although I think that during such a time they either committed suicide or simply went crazy.

Yes, it seems obvious that it's just a coincidence. This is like saying "a Mcdonalds wrapper was found in a small farm town in Oklahoma, and a Burger King wrapper was found in a small beach town in Maine... coincidence? I think not!".
oh, seriously, all our questions could have been answered a long time ago, if only ... the police worked on time, worked quickly, well, they really had to immediately respond in the first hours when they received this photo. 1. They could easily make checkpoints on ALL roads leading out of the city of Port St. Joe and could stop all windowless white vans. 2. The police could even connect the nearest states if the van had already left. And with this "set" the police with 80% probability would have caught that same white van, and if they also connected a helicopter to search, then the mouse would not slip through there. You say that too much effort would have to be spent for the sake of two children who could even not be kidnapped .Well then I'm sorry...

Last edited:
oh, seriously, all our questions could have been answered a long time ago, if only ... the police worked on time, worked quickly, well, they really had to immediately respond in the first hours when they received this photo. 1. They could easily make checkpoints on ALL roads leading out of the city of Port St. Joe and could stop all windowless white vans. 2. The police could even connect the nearest states if the van had already left. And with this "set" the police with 80% probability would have caught that same white van, and if they also connected a helicopter to search, then the mouse would not slip through there. You say that too much effort would have to be spent for the sake of two children who could even not be kidnapped .Well then I'm sorry...

I really think you're underestimating how hard that would all be and seriously overestimating what the police could do.

I really think you're underestimating how hard that would all be and seriously overestimating what the police could do.
Well, I perfectly understand how difficult or not difficult it is, well, at least "Basic" road protection could have been put up. I looked at the map and there are three main roads coming out of Port.St.Joe, well, make one at a time along these roads would be a block post and that's it.

The woman who found the photo said that it was in a parking space where a white windowless Toyota cargo van had been parked when she arrived at the store. She said that the van was being driven by a man with a mustache who appeared to be in his 30s. Police set up roadblocks to intercept the vehicle, but the man has never been identified.
BBM.
From the Wiki article with links to support the last sentence in particular.

BBM.
From the Wiki article with links to support the last sentence in particular.
depending on which roads they blocked, if all these three are the main ones, if so, well, there remains one option, the police simply did not have time, and also depending on how far from the city they blocked the roads ...

depending on which roads they blocked, if all these three are the main ones, if so, well, there remains one option, the police simply did not have time, and also depending on how far from the city they blocked the roads ...
So even when the police do the right thing as you suggested they do, they do the wrong thing? I think it was a valiant effort considering that the van was gone by the time the lady who witnessed it came back out, and based all just on one polaroid photo with no actual evidence of a crime.

Perhaps you are willing to pay much, much more in taxes to fund -- pay, train, equip -- much, much more law enforcement?

Zero children reported missing, one Polaroid on the ground -- yet local LE took steps to stop the described van.

Responsible police work, right there. As it should be.

jmho ymmv lrr

Perhaps you are willing to pay much, much more in taxes to fund -- pay, train, equip -- much, much more law enforcement?

Zero children reported missing, one Polaroid on the ground -- yet local LE took steps to stop the described van.

Responsible police work, right there. As it should be.

jmho ymmv lrr
Well, it turns out they did not work correctly. Okay, okay, I won’t be a couch expert, so if the policeman made roadblocks and didn’t catch that van, then there are options, the van still slipped past the roadblocks, or it didn’t go anywhere and stayed there in Port St. Joe.....

Well, it turns out they did not work correctly. Okay, okay, I won’t be a couch expert, so if the policeman made roadblocks and didn’t catch that van, then there are options, the van still slipped past the roadblocks, or it didn’t go anywhere and stayed there in Port St. Joe.....

They could have went to their house down the street from the convenience store, parked in the garage, and went about their day. Because we have no evidence they are criminals or the children victims of a crime. We actually don’t even know if the Polaroid was taken that day, in that van.

They could have went to their house down the street from the convenience store, parked in the garage, and went about their day. Because we have no evidence they are criminals or the children victims of a crime. We actually don’t even know if the Polaroid was taken that day, in that van.
If they were abducted, then most likely at the very beginning of summer..

But as for the van, there is also something to discuss here, so I think it’s more likely the van that is in the photo, well, its inside and the one that was seen in the parking lot and this is Toyota, then most likely it is the same, because in the photo that is not cropped there further in the van where the bags you can see a very bright beam of light and the very Toyota that was seen in the parking lot has a window at the back door. It's just that at the time when the photographer was photographing the children, he is unlikely to leave the back door open, it's just that there is a window and here I AGAIN had such a little theory - See in the photo that bunch of bags and all the other rubbish, it seems to me that they are standing there like "barricades" so that from that window people do not see who is in custody there. (well, excuse me, these theories themselves appear, I have nothing to do with it)))

Last edited:
The face is clear and yet clear, how can they not identify it even if it is not filed, to solve in one way or another it would be enough just to know who is this man.
Because there's literally billions of people on this earth.

I mean, they've not identified literal killers with clear photos, let alone a photo where they're not putting out public appeals for help or even know that a crime is being committed for sure.

There's a clear face, yes, but it's... just a dude. Just like the original photo is just a brunette girl and boy. It's not someone with any particularly unique features. Assuming you mean the train photo, they don't even know out of all the trains coming and going which one he was on, the day he was on, or anything at all.

The face is clear and yet clear, how can they not identify it even if it is not filed, to solve in one way or another it would be enough just to know who is this man.
In short, I made out of all this that we currently need to just wait, wait and wait again. Over time, this case will be revealed, yes it will be a long time, but with the current technologies, the police will solve this case. And if this case is resumed by some experienced investigator who wants to restore this case from the dead, then he will do it. Because no matter how it was, there is still evidence.

Although it is so, I imagined that now this is the case with these two young people and their photos are just gathering dust somewhere in the archives and no one cares because there are cases that are fresh and that have more evidence, information and which are more important. ..

Last edited:
Keep in mind Doe Network has incorrectly closed at least one case in the past. I would give it time to see if this is accurate

I sent them an email to see if they could disclose any additional information.
I guess its finally been debunked and somebody came forward to say it was them. But the fact they only closed one of them seems strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie