FL- Pro Gun Florida Woman shot in the back by 4 yr. old son

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by animlzrule, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Not to be super dark, but at this point I'm pretty sure the power of stubborn human denial and lack of objectivity is what will bring down civilization.

2. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

^sbm
    Sorry, Ms Bramble, imo, if Ms Gilt is a victim, she is a victim of her own gross negligence in not storing gun safely. And w/out reading FL statutes re gun ownership and/or child endangerment, IDK whether her actions were criminal, but seems like they very well could be.
    4 y/o child in back seat of vehicle should never have been able to access gun. Ditto a 4 y/o at home.

Two or more ways to accomplish this w child in car:
    - Carry gun on body in an approp. holster for that particular make & model.
    - Store gun in a vehicle gun-safe w lock, chained to seat frame or bolted to car floor.
    Examples at http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/auto-gun-storage/_/N-1100215/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104195880.

A gun safety rule: handle & store guns in ways preventing children (& less responsible ppl) from getting hold of them. Very basic rule ^.
    All ^ JM2cts.

JM2cts.

3. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Victims of stupidity!!! They should either be forced to choose: give up your guns or your child, you can't have both together!!!

4. Montjoy

Montjoy Inactive

I have a feeling that if they could be totally honest with themselves, a lot of gun enthusiasts would end up keeping their guns.

5. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the grandmother expressing a single word of concern for the grandson who could be dead now because of her daughter's criminal irresponsibility and stupidity.

And why the heck wasn't the child strapped in a car seat?

6. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

Now that JG and her mother have taken a verbal beating in the cyber world - one for their actions and the other for their attitude about those actions - will muster all the empathy I possibly can for them -

You are both wonderful poster gals for the anti-gun lobby. Well done!

7. Caffeine

Caffeine Sleep is overrated.

Guns are dangerous. She kind of forgot about that part. Oh, and the safely securing loaded guns part. She forgot that, too.

I can't fault people for wanting to defend themselves but this is a bit careless.

8. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

9. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

These two sentences really annoy me....

"Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong."

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-s-stroller-Florida-store.html#ixzz42b9Gq8L9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

Yes she's a victim of her own carelessness and stupidity. I also think it should be criminal to leave a loaded weapon loose for any child to find and use. My Parents and Grandparents were gun owners and locked or disassembled their weapons always. When I owned them they were unloaded and locked always. I heard of way too many children's deaths. I finally ended selling them all. I rather be safe than sorry where my little ones are concerned.

11. Donjeta

So if someone enters her house to steal something, she'll shoot. Would the store owners have been justified in shooting her when she went a-stealin'?

Into the hands of those OTHER criminals...

12. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I think it is a crime, at least in Texas. it's worded something like making a firearm accessible to a child.

13. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Weird. She has kind of a bizarre disconnect.

14. Irisha

Irisha New Member

Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-s-stroller-Florida-store.html#ixzz42cEzohbl
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:rolleyes: This was not a freakish accident. Freakish accident aren't illegal IMO I fractured my foot, while at a salon getting my nails done. Freakish Nightmare just stood up ankle went.

Wowzer talk about :silly:(being outed online)

hope she gets charged

15. nrdsb4

nrdsb4 Well-Known Member

So Mama (and probably everyone else in her life) will be telling her nonstop "You've done nothing wrong. This was a freakish accident. You're the victim!" Therefore no reason whatsoever to examine her own actions or attitudes.

16. Caffeine

If the store clerk stopped her, she could have stood her ground etc. It's Florida, she probably could have kept the shorts after too.

17. Brightbird

Brightbird Active Member

It really annoys me when adults project their own love of guns onto their little children. No doubt there are child soldiers/terrorists who are "jacked up" to shoot things if that's what the adults are rewarding them for. How thick can you be?

18. Donjeta

Yeah and even if he loves guns, that's not really the point. Love them or not, he is clearly not old enough to handle loaded firearms because he does not understand the dangers involved.

(But then, mom doesn't understand either :p)

19. Caffeine

It's like a professional race car driver letting their kid get behind the wheel. Sure, there are many risky activities adults can responsibly enjoy, as an adult and parent you have to let the child mature a bit before you thrust them into peril.

Not every person out there is suitable gun owner, and just because you are taught safety doesn't automatically give you the proper mindset to be around guns.

I'm sure Adam Lanza was taught gun safety.

20. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Also: Florida.