Found Safe FL - Rebecca Lewis, 4, Lakeland, 8 October, 2016

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Sheriff spoke during his presser that the power of social media getting behind sharing the news reports and the amber alert, combined efforts of NCMEC and various law enforcement agencies was instrumental in resolving this case successfully. Expressed his appreciation for that joint effort.

This is what we can do, on a daily basis, to assist law enforcement, particulary with missing persons and amber alerts. Social media can be a cesspool or an effective tool, depending on what WE, the users make of it. really proud of how everyone came together to resolve this case and bring this baby to safety.

Foxfire

Reaction score
Sheriff spoke during his presser that the power of social media getting behind sharing the news reports and the amber alert, combined efforts of NCMEC and various law enforcement agencies was instrumental in resolving this case successfully. Expressed his appreciation for that joint effort.

This is what we can do, on a daily basis, to assist law enforcement, particulary with missing persons and amber alerts. Social media can be a cesspool or an effective tool, depending on what WE, the users make of it. really proud of how everyone came together to resolve this case and bring this baby to safety.

Answered Prayers'! "Awareness is the key"... "American citizens and social media are analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the US and is law enforcement's most effective investigative resource in missing person's cases"..

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hallelujah and Amen and thank you Lord!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

SweetCaroline

Reaction score
I hope he's able to get help for whatever mental health problems he has, if that's truly the case.

verbonica

Reaction score
Great News! Thank you Law Enforcement agencies, social media and the alert hospital employee!

Kellerua

Reaction score
Amen!!! So happy she is safe!! 🎉🎉😀😀😀

cspringer805

Reaction score
Are you also thankful for him taking her in the first place?! I'm sure her parents aren't feeling to "thankful" towards this jerk, mental or not.
I wonder if the spotlight on the case was simply becoming too strong and he was realizing eventually he would be caught. Perhaps he was attempting to drop her off there andwas reognized before he could leave her alone there at the hospital with instructions to tell a staffer her name.

I am very thankful to West Wild Hogs. I do not know the extent of his mental abilities after his brain surgery or the state of his mental health. I have no idea what may have motivated him to take her. I only know that I am very very grateful to him for not harming her and that she is now found.

cspringer805

Reaction score

I agree with this statement because Law Enforcement can't do this alone; they rely on the proactive public, tips, and information so they can move forward. Sadly, if this was 20+ years ago, it may not have ended as well as it did for there was no amber alert or way to get the information out to the nation. For those relying on religion and God "to bring her home safe" I understand you got to believe what you believe, but GOD did not bring her to safety; the amber alert, the authorities, and helpful citizens is what brought her to safety.

katydid23

Reaction score
Are you also thankful for him taking her in the first place?! I'm sure her parents aren't feeling to "thankful" towards this jerk, mental or not.

When you follow as many cases here as Tlcya, you see way too many that end very tragically. So it makes sense that many of us are grateful that he did not kill or maim her.

Obviously, no one is 'thankful' that he took her. But believe me, this is a Fairy Tale ending, compared to most. :candle:

justwannahelp

Reaction score
Answered Prayers'! "Awareness is the key"... "American citizens and social media are analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the US and is law enforcement's most effective investigative resource in missing person's cases"..

Well said, foxfire!!! Well said!

Glad this little cutie pie is safe!

Sjm_qc

Reaction score

In the live presser I just watched, her grandma also thanked him for not harming her. Make of that what you will.

I'm thankful she's found, she's safe, she's not harmed.

DietDrPepper

Reaction score
Apparently, there are two heros at the hospital in Memphis: The Employee who spotted the perp, and the Head Of Security who found the car.

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...nd-suspect-found-near-baptist-east-in-memphis

Investigators say Wyatt Bunker is the head of security who recognized the car at Baptist Memorial Hospital in east Memphis, after an employee spotted Hogs. Bunker is also the mayor of Lakeland [Tennessee] and a former Shelby County commissioner.