BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

GUILTY FL - Ronald Williams for starving 34 greyhounds to death, Ebro, 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Tuffy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/ebro-88254-officials-photos.html

The body count is up to 37 dead greyhounds found at a Florida track.

Officials mum on Ebro investigation

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/dogs-88361-ebro-trainer.html

Trainer claimed dogs were OK two days before deaths

2. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WTH is wrong with people? Someone better do some real jail time

3. HockeyGirl

HockeyGirl New Member

The whole subject of dog racing infuriates me! The way the dogs are treated is sicking just so people can make a profit. I really wish more states would step up to outlaw it.

4. Tuffy

Right on. I would like to see dog racing go away completely. I leads to dogs being treated as disposable, and all too often exploited.

5. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

I hope he will do some hard time for this crime. This is horrid. I really
    get so upset when I read these stories. Animal abuse is so out of control and we need to have stricker penalities so there will be less crimes against God's little angels.

So very sad.

Quote:

Snip
    Three of the four “near death” greyhounds had duct tape around their necks, which had to be cut away to allow them to breathe, the release said. All four dogs were treated by veterinarians on site; it is not clear whether they survived the weekend or what their current conditions might be.

Williams raised suspicion with a local adoption agency, Greyhound Pets of America’s Emerald Coast chapter, when he delivered eight underweight dogs to the group early last week. Members notified the national chapter, the National Greyhound Association and the state’s Pari-Mutuel Wagering Department, GPAEC board member Roger Spencer said.
    Snip

Just horrible...I hope they put him away for life.:furious:

Goz

6. grayjay

grayjay Active Member

We had a dog track here years ago. The way they treated the dogs was awful and everyone knew it. Business pushes back when money is to be made and some will say no laws were violated all the way to jail. It's very hard to shut down such an operation, even when the violations are egregious.

7. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Hi Grayjay- which state was the track in? I know they still have them in FL,
    ( I think) and WI. Sad state of affairs, wouldn't you say? Money rules..

Goz

8. justice77

justice77 Guest

I have a retired greyhound and let me tell you he is the BEST dog EVER. He is so loving and gentle and all he wants to do is be cuddled. It makes me sick to my stomach to now how badly abused they are during their racing careers and that there life is usually over (as in killed) by 3. I got mine at 3-1/2 years old and he had tons of life left in him (he's 10-1/2 now and still has tons of life left). It's almost like he knows he was rescued and is sooooo thankful to me for that. Greyhound racing needs to be banned in every state...it's animal cruelty but yet it's animal curelty that makes money, so why not right....it's SICK!!!

9. grayjay

grayjay Active Member

Greyhound Dog Racing tracks, USA
    This site lists the remaining tracks, and lists the one here that's been shut down for many years now. I'm not sure if state laws changed or it just lost its allure because of inspections and lower attendance. There are others listed in Colorado and I'm not sure if any of them actually exist. No clue. At least for the one here the website is "parked." Personally, I think they're on the way out just like fur coats. Who admits now, that they're going to the dogs! Nobody I knew (admitted they) went, even in the heyday.

10. Tuffy

Good find, grayjay. I hope you're right, and these places quit getting enough revenue to stay in business.

11. Columbo

Columbo New Member

Why on earth did he put duct tape around their necks? He looks like a monster!

12. Tinsamd

Tinsamd Justice for Shaniya!!!!

What a pos!!!!!

The sheriff was shocked at what his officers discovered.

"Thirty-two years I've been in law enforcement here locally and with the prosecutor's office also … I've never seen animal cruelty cases like this one," Haddock said.

"We hope he rots in prison," said Mark Hess, the assistant manager at the Ebro Greyhound Park in Florida, where the dogs raced this year.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...reyhounds-stunning-adoption/story?id=12087614

13. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

November 2010:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...reyhounds-stunning-adoption/story?id=12087614

Oh my God... That is absolutely horrific :(

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

August 2012:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...A5HtJbJIqcr6_dnow&sig2=5YObilrDdJq5Q6FgWxGjKA

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

16. bluesneakers

bluesneakers #FreeLady

17. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

This is horrifying, sickening and heartbreaking. Anyone that would do that to sweet, innocent dogs doesn't deserve to live and breathe. I'm sure there's a dog lover or two in that place, maybe he'll never walk out.