FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

To me it seems like LE is building a case, but has a person of interest - JMO. Yes, they urged the public to speak to their kids and provide any tips/information, but the pleas don't seem as urgent. I have followed a few cases and when LE doesn't have a POI they are usually holding press conferences and being very aggressive at appealing to the public for help. JMO.
I have a one word response. "BOOM."

This is why when police were notified is so important. Yes the news paper said he was reported missing Monday night, but police have said nothing. All we have so far is that his mother told some other mom's on Moms of Jupiter Facebook he was missing sometime Monday night. But the search with the Predators Soccer club was not until the next morning. We have zero information from police as to when they were actually called. Could have been 10 pm Monday night, could have been Tuesday morning. We just do not know that information.

The real time line that matters is when his mother reported him to police. She went on Moms of Jupiter private Facebook first later that night and said he was missing and when he left. Police have not said when they were notified. All we do know is he left at 6:40 pm his mother said and was found there by a walker at 9 am the next morning. Did mom call the police at 10 pm? Or not until 5-6-7 m the next morning. To me knowing that provides a ton of information. Because if she reported him missing at 10 pm and police were looking, he was found along the only route to the major park closest to his house. Why wasn't he found until 9 am and not by police? Or did mom wait until the next morning to call the police? 2 very different lanes of investigation if you know if police were told at 9-10-11 pm or not until the next morning.

Mom spoke about this to some folks at the candlelight vigil the evening of the day his body was found. Unfortunately I am not allowed to source the conversation until I get insider approval from mods.

IMHO the police searched an area that received ping responses from his phone that first night he didn’t return. Unfortunately I don’t think that area was anywhere near where the body was found. And since IMHO it was only a missing person report and not a homicide at that point IMHO LE decided to wait until daylight to continue.

To me it seems like LE is building a case, but has a person of interest - JMO. Yes, they urged the public to speak to their kids and provide any tips/information, but the pleas don't seem as urgent. I have followed a few cases and when LE doesn't have a POI they are usually holding press conferences and being very aggressive at appealing to the public for help. JMO.

I have to second the BOOM. We have lived here for many years, back a few years a girl simply said a man had rolled down his car window and spoke to her at a bus stop and we had police patrols like crazy the next day and for weeks. We had public police briefings daily to calm parents. Now we have an actual murdered child, with our neighborhood and our friend's neighborhoods right next door, a huge park loaded with kids right near by. Yet not one press conference, have not seen even one patrol car in our neighborhood in 2 weeks. Police are not acting in any way, shape, or form as if they think we have a killer on the loose who is a stranger to them.

Mom spoke about this to some folks at the candlelight vigil the evening of the day his body was found. Unfortunately I am not allowed to source the conversation until I get insider approval from mods.

IMHO the police searched an area that received ping responses from his phone that first night he didn’t return. Unfortunately I don’t think that area was anywhere near where the body was found. And since IMHO it was only a missing person report and not a homicide at that point IMHO LE decided to wait until daylight to continue.

We have several friends who were at Alton Town Center were folks gathered with the parents the next day. We also have 3 neighbors in LE in the area. We have not heard any credible source that police were indeed searching on Monday night yet. The phone was reported to have pinged near the neighborhood of Paloma, along Central Blvd. But so far only mom has said that in any way. Police have not made any information available as to whether they did anything Monday night or even when they were officially called. As of this moment, we have no information from police about when they were called or when they began searching. The only information is from either mom or hearsay. Until police officially tell the public when they first were notified about him being missing and what actions they took and when, we have nothing to go on in that regards.

Thank you. So sometime between 6:40 pm and midnight he was reported missing by his mom.

We also know that RR had soccer practice on Tuesday which was canceled.

I also wonder if RR typically rode his bike to soccer practice and if the practice was usually around 6:30 pm?

Again, we have no police confirmation as to when they were told he was missing. We only have a deleted Moms of Jupiter Facebook post that mom told some of her friends that he was missing. So 'reported' missing to police Monday night is not confirmed. As of this moment we do not know if he was 'reported' officially to police or if mom just chatted with some friends online. So far police Major Rogers of Palm Beach Gardens police has only said "Ryan left home at 6:39 pm Monday night". He nor any other LE source has said anything about when police were officially notified. That to me is the key, police being called at 9-10-11 pm Monday night is a whole lot different than police being called at 5-6-7 am Tuesday. And as of this moment, we simply do not know when police were called.

We have several friends who were at Alton Town Center were folks gathered with the parents the next day. We also have 3 neighbors in LE in the area. We have not heard any credible source that police were indeed searching on Monday night yet. The phone was reported to have pinged near the neighborhood of Paloma, along Central Blvd. But so far only mom has said that in any way. Police have not made any information available as to whether they did anything Monday night or even when they were officially called. As of this moment, we have no information from police about when they were called or when they began searching. The only information is from either mom or hearsay. Until police officially tell the public when they first were notified about him being missing and what actions they took and when, we have nothing to go on in that regards.
I think we've missed the opportunity for any confirming information from LE now that this is no longer a missing person case, and the manner of death for RR has been confirmed a homicide. I think Investigators had a good idea after interviewing the family and searching RR's phone.

It will be radio silence now to preserve the integrity of the investigation. MOO

I think we've missed the opportunity for any confirming information from LE now that this is no longer a missing person case, and the manner of death for RR has been confirmed a homicide. I think Investigators had a good idea after interviewing the family and searching RR's phone.

It will be radio silence now to preserve the integrity of the investigation. MOO

Been here for many years and know how Palm Beach Gardens police operate in various situations. Lets just say they are acting as if they absolutely do not think the community and its children are in any danger. Phone records, cameras, interviews, social media...in my opinion they know the what and who already. Lets just say we have kids his age and live right near where he was found and have friends with kids who go to his school and play soccer for his league....none of us parents are worried our kids are at risk, from a strange adult killer or a gang of teen's. I am quite confident in my opinion that LE know who did this and this person is not a threat to other kids.

Been here for many years and know how Palm Beach Gardens police operate in various situations. Lets just say they are acting as if they absolutely do not think the community and its children are in any danger. Phone records, cameras, interviews, social media...in my opinion they know the what and who already. Lets just say we have kids his age and live right near where he was found and have friends with kids who go to his school and play soccer for his league....none of us parents are worried our kids are at risk, from a strange adult killer or a gang of teen's. I am quite confident in my opinion that LE know who did this and this person is not a threat to other kids.

I disagree with most of this. Respectfully.

Again, we have no police confirmation as to when they were told he was missing. We only have a deleted Moms of Jupiter Facebook post that mom told some of her friends that he was missing. So 'reported' missing to police Monday night is not confirmed. As of this moment we do not know if he was 'reported' officially to police or if mom just chatted with some friends online. So far police Major Rogers of Palm Beach Gardens police has only said "Ryan left home at 6:39 pm Monday night". He nor any other LE source has said anything about when police were officially notified. That to me is the key, police being called at 9-10-11 pm Monday night is a whole lot different than police being called at 5-6-7 am Tuesday. And as of this moment, we simply do not know when police were called.
The mother posted on Nextdoor as well. I distinctly remember getting an email notification from Nextdoor that Monday night for a missing teen.
I also remember thinking that a few weeks prior -and also on a Monday night- driving to and from Walmart using Indiantown rd. , military and toney pena, and passing dozens of guys (not young kids) most on bikes, some walking and all with book bags. This was around 8:30pm or so. There were no other cars really and definitely no police cars, it was very strange and a first in all the time I’ve lived in this area (10yrs). All this to say, it’s possible there were other groups on bikes that night because the amount of ppl in this area has skyrocketed and so has the amount of ppl I see on bikes around town.

I disagree with most of this. Respectfully.

No problem, its always good to have respectful disagreements. I can only speak from my experience as a long time Palm Beach Gardens resident. In the past a kid said a man rolled down a window at a bus stop and talked to her, police started immediately patrolling all the area neighborhoods. It lasted 3-4 weeks. Another time two kids at the local mall said a man asked if he could take some photos, again, police issued warnings all over the place. Both these incidents we had frequent press conferences to calm parents and updates. Police patrol cars were very visible for a long time after each incident. Now we have an actual child murdered, left with his bike along side a busy road. A huge park with 10 soccer fields and kids right near by. Our neighborhood loaded with kids right near by. Our friends neighborhoods right near by. And not one police car has patrolled our neighborhood since it happened. Same with all our friends. Police have not provided anything by one very casual, 'report to us if you know anything'. Not one police car seen patrolling the local road where it happened. If our police force reacted with extreme urgency when a child was only talked to at a bus stop, and reacted with extreme urgency and massive increasing of patrols....and now with a murdered child, literally no response....what on earth are residents left to conclude? Same police chief, same community board members...yet a totally different response to an unknown man at a bus stop and the mall, vs a murdered child. Sorry, but it boggles the mind that police would be this calm unless they knew the person who did it and that this person was not a threat.

Last edited:
The mother posted on Nextdoor as well. I distinctly remember getting an email notification from Nextdoor that Monday night for a missing teen.
I also remember thinking that a few weeks prior -and also on a Monday night- driving to and from Walmart using Indiantown rd. , military and toney pena, and passing dozens of guys (not young kids) most on bikes, some walking and all with book bags. This was around 8:30pm or so. There were no other cars really and definitely no police cars, it was very strange and a first in all the time I’ve lived in this area (10yrs). All this to say, it’s possible there were other groups on bikes that night because the amount of ppl in this area has skyrocketed and so has the amount of ppl I see on bikes around town.

We are on Nextdoor and did not receive such a notification. There is nothing from his mother on Nextdoor. Nextdoor's posts are archived and I just searched and found nothing dated that Monday night concerning Ryan being missing. Even Nextdoor posts that have been removed the head line is still archived and available. So if she posted it would be available when searched for, like I said, nothing. The first mention of Ryan on Nextdoor was by a women named Amanda Summers, and it was Tuesday am, not Monday night.

The first Nextdoor post regarding Ryan being missing was from November 16th, which is the Tuesday. He was found just after that Nextdoor post was made. No mention of Ryan on Monday night at all.

Again, until police confirm when they were called officially, no one knows. At this moment in time, no police source has confirmed when they were first called. That is strange. Its normal for police to simply say in these cases "The first call about Ryan came in at such a time." One thing to withhold cause of death, strange to withhold when they were called.

Yes, seen kids in that area near Walmart through the years....never ever seen even one after dark on either Hood or Central Blvd. Like I said, he would have crossed Hood and Central, the only way from Alton to where he was found. Cameras at that intersection, people waiting for the light to change, it takes 5 minutes for the lights to change, he would have crossed twice. If he actually rode his bike on Monday evening across Hood Road and Central Blvd he is on multiple traffic cameras and multiple dash cams. Impossible to get from point A to point B any other way.

Last edited:
We are on Nextdoor and did not receive such a notification. There is nothing from his mother on Nextdoor. Nextdoor's posts are archived and I just searched and found nothing dated that Monday night concerning Ryan being missing. Even Nextdoor posts that have been removed the head line is still archived and available. So if she posted it would be available when searched for, like I said, nothing. The first mention of Ryan on Nextdoor was by a women named Amanda Summers, and it was Tuesday am, not Monday night.

The first Nextdoor post regarding Ryan being missing was from November 16th, which is the Tuesday. He was found just after that Nextdoor post was made. No mention of Ryan on Monday night at all.

Again, until police confirm when they were called officially, no one knows. At this moment in time, no police source has confirmed when they were first called. That is strange. Its normal for police to simply say in these cases "The first call about Ryan came in at such a time." One thing to withhold cause of death, strange to withhold when they were called.

Yes, seen kids in that area near Walmart through the years....never ever seen even one after dark on either Hood or Central Blvd. Like I said, he would have crossed Hood and Central, the only way from Alton to where he was found. Cameras at that intersection, people waiting for the light to change, it takes 5 minutes for the lights to change, he would have crossed twice. If he actually rode his bike on Monday evening across Hood Road and Central Blvd he is on multiple traffic cameras and multiple dash cams. Impossible to get from point A to point B any other way.

I agree with everything you've said. Hoping they will give us some sort of an update today. I haven't seen any police searching, helicopters, nothing... They must have a strong idea of who did this and where they are and waiting on evidence to make an arrest, keeping silent so they don't spook them. I grew up here and they will make a huge deal and be on top of something much much smaller than this. This is a child who was murdered, this never happens.

I agree with everything you've said. Hoping they will give us some sort of an update today. I haven't seen any police searching, helicopters, nothing... They must have a strong idea of who did this and where they are and waiting on evidence to make an arrest, keeping silent so they don't spook them. I grew up here and they will make a huge deal and be on top of something much much smaller than this. This is a child who was murdered, this never happens.

Great post and totally agree. As parents we are really confused as to the lack of police 'visible response and action' compared to how they have reacted to past, much lesser, incidents. They have always strove to make their presence felt and calm parents and kids in the past when anything happens around here. But with this incident, almost nothing in regards to patrols or communication.

I read an interesting comment on the daily mail article comment section from someone who knows the parents of RR if you haven't already checked that out. IMO I just can't see it being a classmate or a child. They should make a statement today even if it's vague, the radio silence is unfair to the community. I've looked on nextdoor but it's pretty meh with information and a lot of people getting upset for any speculations. Also read a comment from RM on fb stating something like: in my mind the case is closed I just want to move on whoever did this will get their karmic consequences (paraphrasing). I keep checking everywhere for updates any other sites you suggest?

I just read the Daily Mail article. Interesting that it reads like it was his bike that was first reported, not his body with the bike.

"The body of Ryan Rogers, of Palm Beach Gardens, was discovered on the morning of November 16 after a passerby noticed the boy's bicycle in the grass near the I-95 overpass on Central Boulevard in the boy's hometown."

Captions from the photos in the article:
"Pictured: the area by the I-95 overpass on Central Boulevard where Ryan's bike and eventually his body were discovered last week"
"The body of 14-year-old Ryan Rogers, pictured, was discovered on November 16 after a passerby found his bicycle by the I-95 overpass on Central Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens"

Source: Death of 14-year-old boy whose body was found near Florida overpass with bike nearby ruled homicide | Daily Mail Online

If Ryan's bike was staged as a hit and run it begs the question who would have done that? I'm getting a feeling of deja vu. IMO

From what we have understood, Ryan's bike was found right near the sidewalk while his body was a bit down the slight embankment near the edge of the trees. Both were visible from the sidewalk with the bike being quite obvious. The entire time line is confusing. How would his bike be found so easily by a person walking by at 9 am when he was missing since 6:40 the night before? Its like the first walker of the day on that pretty heavily used sidewalk found him with ease. Again I harp on when were police actually called? When did the search begin? He was easily found directly next to the only sidewalk he could have ridden his bike on, right along the only route to a major park. Seems the park would have been a likely destination for him. So when and who and how was any search performed from 9 pm to 9 am? Makes no sense he was there all night. Until the police answer the giant questions...when were you first notified and what did you do, this case is going to continue to anger local parents. In my opinion this is the key. If mom called police at 9 pm or 10 pm, what did police do? If mom waited until the next morning to call police, why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back