FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Interesting. Seems to me that the public comments about religion do not mirror reality -- given there was no reported religious ceremony for her eldest child. MOO

Interesting point! That hadn't crossed my mind. I wonder why that would be circling but imo it's human nature to make up information that makes sense when we aren't given the facts. I am hoping they release some sort of information other than that* they aren't giving any information - I hope their silence means it's moving in the right direction and not that they have nothing. All in all I just want justice for this child, the whole thing is heartbreaking. (typed that first one on my iPhone sorry for the double quote and typos)

Last edited by a moderator:
The mother posted on Nextdoor as well. I distinctly remember getting an email notification from Nextdoor that Monday night for a missing teen.
I also remember thinking that a few weeks prior -and also on a Monday night- driving to and from Walmart using Indiantown rd. , military and toney pena, and passing dozens of guys (not young kids) most on bikes, some walking and all with book bags. This was around 8:30pm or so. There were no other cars really and definitely no police cars, it was very strange and a first in all the time I’ve lived in this area (10yrs). All this to say, it’s possible there were other groups on bikes that night because the amount of ppl in this area has skyrocketed and so has the amount of ppl I see on bikes around town.

It feels like the entire country is in Florida this time of year.

'Tis the season.

I cannot stress enough how important it is for both children AND adults to be aware of their surroundings. I have had my share of close calls over the years since moving to Florida, usually from men drivers "asking for directions" and the like.

Oh, they can't find such and such like the beach. That is what GPS and Google Maps is for.

So the update was really nothing. Police have not seemed concerned at all, no increased patrols the past 2 weeks in our local neighborhoods like with past incidents, none of the schools have held assemblies warning kids to be careful like with past incidents. Not one traffic camera, dash cam, door bell cam photo of him with his bike that evening to jog the public's memory like they have done with past incidents. They literally are behaving completely different that they ever have when someone approached a child at a bus stop, mall, neighborhood. The update could not have been less informative if they tried. A murdered child and police taking zero of the actions they have with even minor past incidences. Interesting.

So the update was really nothing. Police have not seemed concerned at all, no increased patrols the past 2 weeks in our local neighborhoods like with past incidents, none of the schools have held assemblies warning kids to be careful like with past incidents. Not one traffic camera, dash cam, door bell cam photo of him with his bike that evening to jog the public's memory like they have done with past incidents. They literally are behaving completely different that they ever have when someone approached a child at a bus stop, mall, neighborhood. The update could not have been less informative if they tried. A murdered child and police taking zero of the actions they have with even minor past incidences. Interesting.

Yeah they have more of a reaction and statements when cars are broken into (other than involving the feds). It really seems like they just want us to calm down IMO.. I can't imagine they don't have something. At this point I really don't know what to think. I haven't chatted with anyone again in the neighborhood as I'd rather just do it here. I wonder when he will get justice. Really a sit back and wait game I suppose at this point.

No LE unit is beholden to the public to assuage their curiosity about a case. If LE feels the public needs to be aware of a threat they'll usually provide that.

However, that being said, I know for a fact that the TPS (Toronto Police Service) purposely refrained from advising the public about the Scarborough rapist because they thought a PSA would make him change his MO and/or move to a different area. The Scarborough rapist ended up being no other than the infamous Paul Bernardo.

This case is different though, based on the actions of LE, it is a discrete event. The public is not a risk.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I thought the feds got involved when the crime crossed state lines. I am curious why they need the feds assistance. Perhaps this crime is a part of something bigger than we realize.
FBI has a special unit for crimes against children and they will always provide resources when requested. PBGPD would be foolish not to ask for their assistance even if just for help with analyzing the electronic footprint of the victim and potential suspect(s).

Crimes Against Children/Online Predators — FBI

Children Affected by Crime | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Palm Beach Gardens Police
@PBGPD

Update release on the Ryan Rogers homicide investigation. Federal and local law enforcement have been working with our investigators on this homicide. Read more in the attached image. #RyanRogers #CrimeTips #CrimeStoppers

1:51 PM · Nov 29, 2021
From the link, they’re asking for contributions to the reward fund. So far, the $8000 reward has been made up of $3,000 from Crime Stoppers and $5,000 from the Palm Beach Gardens Police and Fire Rescue Foundation.

[Link previously posted. Reposted for emphasis on where the reward is coming from:]
Police enlist help of federal, other law enforcement in Ryan Rogers death investigation

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

We have lived in Palm Beach Gardens for many years. Back when a kid said a man rolled down his window at the bus stop and talked to her we had 4 weeks of constant patrol cars through the neighborhood. We live in the closest neighborhood to where Ryan's body was found. Not one police car in 2 weeks. When a man talked to 2 kids at the local mall, school assemblies all over warning kids. We drive by the site where he was found many times per day and play tennis 4- 5 times a week at the park right near by where he was found....not a single police car has come through. My point is when any incident has happened in the past we get press conferences, tons of increased patrol cars, school assemblies to warn kids, descriptions of the perps. We now have a kid murdered right near us and nothing but a generic nothing update from police.

Common sense...the same police chief does not act one way every time there is an unkown person bothering kids yet act relatively nonchalant when an unknown person has murdered a child. It does not take much deduction to think this case is different because they know who did it. Everything else is barely going through the motions compared to the way they have reacted to every single incident in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we've missed the opportunity for any confirming information from LE now that this is no longer a missing person case, and the manner of death for RR has been confirmed a homicide. I think Investigators had a good idea after interviewing the family and searching RR's phone.

It will be radio silence now to preserve the integrity of the investigation. MOO

Lena Salzbank@Lenasalzbank

How Ryan Rogers was killed is only known to the suspect or suspects at this time according to police. because of this, officials will not release that information at this time.

By the way, this update raises more questions and makes no sense. Once again they ONLY ask for information of anyone passing by the site the night before he was found from 6:30-9 pm . He was found at 9 am the next morning by a walker, bike right next to the side walk, his body close by. How on earth would he have been there since 6:30-9 pm the night before? He left his house at 6:40 pm. The only route there is through 2 huge intersections with cameras on all 4 corners. So if he left at 6:40 when were police notified? Lets give RM the benefit of the doubt and say she called police at 9-10 pm. He was found along the only route to the closest park, a very likely destination. So who searched and where? When did the search start? For them to ask only for anyone going by the site from 6:30-9pm is bizarre. So they are implying he had been there for 12-15 hours, right along the only sidewalk leading to the closest park? Common sense says a boy that age would go to a friends house or a park, especially a park where he has played sports since he was 6 years old. Either police and mom and friends never looked along that route which would be beyond mind boggling, they have many bike officers and k9s on their force....or police were not even notified until the next morning. So is it ridiculous police work? Or did RM not call police until the next day?

While I cannot in any way relate to the way his mother is handling things, perhaps she and the family are not upping the reward or pleading for more public help because they have been informed that phone/online records are telling the tale. And law enforcement is just making sure things are air tight before proceeding. Could be the reason why they are involving the feds.

Press Releases 1, 2, & 3:

[URL='https://twitter.com/PBGPD']Palm Beach Gardens Police@PBGPD
[/URL]

Anyone with information is requested to contact us at 561-799-4445. #crime #crimetips

9:25 AM · Nov 20, 2021

Palm Beach Gardens Police@PBGPD

Statement regarding the investigation into Ryan Rogers' death. Please call 561-799-4445 with any tips.

11:03 AM · Nov 24, 2021

Palm Beach Gardens Police@PBGPD

Update release on the Ryan Rogers homicide investigation. Federal and local law enforcement have been working with our investigators on this homicide. Read more in the attached image. #RyanRogers #CrimeTips #CrimeStoppers

1:51 PM · Nov 29, 2021

While I cannot in any way relate to the way his mother is handling things, perhaps she and the family are not upping the reward or pleading for more public help because they have been informed that phone/online records are telling the tale. And law enforcement is just making sure things are air tight before proceeding. Could be the reason why they are involving the feds.

I hope you are right because police are absolutely behaving as if they do not believe there is any active threat to the community, like they have when past perps were unknown. So we could very reasonably assume they know who the person is and are indeed working to tighten the case. We shall see.

Ryan Rogers homicide: Palm Beach Gardens police working with federal agents to ID people of interest
In part,
“In their statement, police also addressed multiple reports of a man in dark clothing and a ski mask that have been circulating on social media.

Police said they investigated the reports, which all dealt with a man approaching children around Palm Beach Gardens, and that they are not related to the Ryan Rogers homicide.”

Nextdoor removed the 'man in black' thread, you could see the mass hysteria develop. First one mother said her kids said a man in a black ski mask chased them in their neighborhood playground. No adult saw it, no cameras, just kids after being told about Ryan likely being kids. Then an hour later another mom upped the anti and said her 12 year old and friend were chased through Ballenisles, an upscale neighborhood...again man in black, but now a hoodie. Again, no photos, no adults, nothing. But the next day 5 different neighborhoods in our area had kids being chased by men in black! Imagine that, in 10 years we never had even one incident like that, yet the days after Ryan was murdered half the neighborhoods in the area have kids being terrorized by men in black. Police knew what they were dealing with and say the obligatory increased patrols. There have been no increased patrols. It was all just kids being dramatic and parents feeding into it.

FBI has a special unit for crimes against children and they will always provide resources when requested. PBGPD would be foolish not to ask for their assistance even if just for help with analyzing the electronic footprint of the victim and potential suspect(s).

Crimes Against Children/Online Predators — FBI

Children Affected by Crime | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Great points. Thank you. If they’re taking info from online, combining that with the 6:40-9:00pm window, it leads me to wonder if RR was supposed to meet someone.

Perhaps they met before the two major intersections or, the traffic cameras weren’t clear enough to read a tag. They could have went somewhere, then the perp returned with the bike & RR later in the early morning hours. Just thinking out loud.

Nextdoor removed the 'man in black' thread, you could see the mass hysteria develop. First one mother said her kids said a man in a black ski mask chased them in their neighborhood playground. No adult saw it, no cameras, just kids after being told about Ryan likely being kids. Then an hour later another mom upped the anti and said her 12 year old and friend were chased through Ballenisles, an upscale neighborhood...again man in black, but now a hoodie. Again, no photos, no adults, nothing. But the next day 5 different neighborhoods in our area had kids being chased by men in black! Imagine that, in 10 years we never had even one incident like that, yet the days after Ryan was murdered half the neighborhoods in the area have kids being terrorized by men in black. Police knew what they were dealing with and say the obligatory increased patrols. There have been no increased patrols. It was all just kids being dramatic and parents feeding into it.
Yup, that's typical Nextdoor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back