GUILTY FL - Sade Dixon, 24, & Sgt. Debra Clayton, 42, slain, Orlando, Dec 2016 & Jan 2017

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by CARIIS, Jan 9, 2017.

1. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 44m44 minutes ago
    Campbell discussing "fight or flight" syndrome: “He has no flight. He is all fight. When he is threatened, he stands up for himself and the people he loves.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 41m41 minutes ago
    #LoydTrial // "He has no flight. He's all fight." - Dr. James Campbell on Markeith Loyd responding to trauma @news6wkmg

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 39m39 minutes ago
    #LoydTrial // Dr. James Campbell saying Loyd has paranoia as well: "It's present because of the parent and the marriage of the PTSD and some organic delusional or psychotic disorder that Mr Loyd suffering from." @news6wkmg

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 37m37 minutes ago
    #LoydTrial // This is Dr. James Campbell on the stand now talking about the mental illnesses Loys suffers from. Defense using these as “mitigating factors” asking the jury to not give #MarkeithLoyd the death penalty. @news6wkmg

[​IMG]

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 36m36 minutes ago
    ASA Ric Ridgway on cross: “Did you take a look at whether PTSD actually had any effect on these murders?"
    Campbell: "Not directly.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 36m36 minutes ago
    Ridgway: “You were hired specifically to examine for PTSD?"
    Campbell: "Yes."
    Ridgway: "You were not hired to look for any other factors?"
    Campbell: "No.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 35m35 minutes ago
    Campbell's testimony is done. Time for a break. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

BUF and Dontknow? like this.

2. YESorNO

3. YESorNO

4. YESorNO

No tweets about the testimony from the last DR.

Lunch break until 1:30 or 2:00

5. YESorNO

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 21s22 seconds ago
    #LoydTrial // They have just broke for lunch for the day. The defense has one more witness that could take some time. However, that's it. It's possible if that witness doesn't take too long. They can do closings and give it to the jury by today. @news6wkmg

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    Judge Marques is musing aloud about the possibility of doing closings today and handing the case to the jury. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

ield Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 1m1 minute ago
    This is being left up in the air until after lunch break. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

6. YESorNO

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 2h2 hours ago
    Court has resumed for the afternoon. Without the jury present, the prosecution and the defense are haggling over various objections to the potential testimony of a rebuttal witness for the state. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 2h2 hours ago
    #LoydTrial // We are back from lunch and the defense wants to show the jurors video of Markeith Loyd with his granddaughter - looks like judge is going to allow them to see it. Also, I believe his Loyd's daughter might be taking the stand next as the defense's LAST witness

Jury coming back in. Defense to resume calling witnesses. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 1h1 hour ago
    #LoydTrial // BREAKING: Markeith Loyd’s daughter, Keonna, takes the stand. @news6wkmg
    I’m not sure of the spelling of her first name

[​IMG]

The defense's next witness is Kianna Loyd, Markeith Loyd's daughter. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Kianna is describing a photograph just entered into evidence which depicts her, her daughter and her father. #WFTV #MarkiethLoyd

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1h1 hour ago
    #MarkeithLoyd - Loyd's daughter is on the stand. The jury sees this picture with Loyd, his daughter and granddaughter. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/markeith-loyd/watch-live-markeith-loyd-penalty-phase-in-murder-of-pregnant-ex-girlfriend-sade-dixon/ …

[​IMG]

Kianna is describing her childhood with Loyd as her father: “I spent a lot of time with him because he, him and I have just always been closer than my mom and I.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Kianna: “There was nothing that I needed that I didn’t have. He just was like the greatest thing ever.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 2h2 hours ago
    #LoydTrial // "He was just like the greatest thing ever." - Markeith Loyd's daughter on the stand as the last witness as she and his family and attorney's fight to avoid the death penalty @news6wkmg

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 2h2 hours ago
    Kianna Loyd said she thought her dad was "rich" because whenever she wanted anything, Markeith Loyd would get it for her. "There was nothing that I needed that I didn’t have," she said. "He was just like the greatest thing ever.

Bob Hazen WESH‏ @HazenWESH 1h1 hour ago
    Final defense witness in the penalty phase is #MarkeithLoyd's daughter. Says he was a great dad, and she "always thought my dad was rich."

[​IMG]

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 1h1 hour ago
    .@TerryLenamon: “Did he show you love?"
    Kianna: "Yeah, for sure."
    Lenamon: "And respect?"
    Kianna: "Yeah.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Kianna, regarding her own daughter's relationship with Loyd: “Their relationship is so funny. Their relationship is so genuine. And, like, I swear he likes her more than me. He loves her so much and she loves him so much.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Jeff Allen‏Verified account @News13JeffAllen 1h1 hour ago
    #MarkeithLoyd trial is back in session after a lunch break - and Loyd's daughter is testifying, saying her dad was the "greatest ever" and always gave her everything she wanted. She says Loyd was in prison from when she was 4 until she was about 20. #News13Orange @MyNews13

Kianna, denying claims that Loyd is strict and unyielding about the mean-eating issue: “He doesn’t eat meat, but it doesn’t matter where we want to go, he’ll find something to eat.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Kianna, on Loyd's desire to have another child: “He felt bad that he couldn’t be there for us physically. And he wanted to be able to do that. He wanted anther chance to be able to do that.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 1h1 hour ago
    Kianna Loyd says her father told her he wanted to have a child he could raise.
    "He felt bad that he couldn’t be there for us physically and he wanted the chance to be able to do that," she said.
    Jury is now watching videos of Markeith Loyd playing with his granddaughter.

Jurors watching a video now (we can't see it) which sounds like Loyd talking in a loving/friendly way to a young child. Probably Kianna's daughter. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

#MarkeithLoyd - Video of Loyd talking with is granddaughter is played. We can't see it on the feed but there is audio.

(video clip: Cathy Russon on Twitter )

Kianna describes Loyd counseling her daughter on behaving correctly: “He was like you’re the smartest one in your class, right? And she was like yeah. And he said well smart people make smart choices.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Kianna: “Just how much of an impact he is on our family is amazing.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 1h1 hour ago
    Both Markeith Loyd and his daughter Kianna wipe tears as she testifies in his trial.
    She says he's encouraged her daughter to make good choices and one day she can become president or a lawyer to help him. "He's very important to me," Kianna Loyd says.

Jeff Allen‏Verified account @News13JeffAllen 1h1 hour ago
    After jury watched video of #MarkeithLoyd visiting with his granddaughter, Loyd’s daughter Kianna is talking about Loyd’s importance in her and her daughter’s life. #News13Orange@MyNews13

#LoydTrial // "He's very important to me, we don't have a lot of men in our family on either side, either my mom's side or my dad's side. Just how much of an impact he is, it's amazing." - Markeith Loyd's daughter begins crying on the stand. With that...defense rests.

Kianna's testimony has concluded. The defense rests. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

BUF likes this.
  7. YESorNO

Prosecutors have called Dr. Greg Prichard, a psychologist, as a rebuttal witness now that the defense has rested. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

#MarkeithLoyd - The defense rested their case in the penalty phase after Loyd's daughter testified. The state has called Dr. Greg Prichard - Forensic Psychologist in their rebuttal case. Dr. Prichard just testified in the Dan Markel case.

[​IMG]

#LoydTrial // The defense has rested. State is up now with their own doctor to who testifies Loyd he believes has personality disorders not as much psychotic disorders.

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 56m56 minutes ago
    The state is now presenting their rebuttal witness, a forensic psychologist named Greg Prichard.
    Prichard says he doesn't think Markeith Loyd has a mental illness but is narcissistic and has cultural paranoia.

ASA Ric Ridgway: “When you interviewed the defendant last Thursday, did you see any signs of psychosis?"
    Prichard: "I did not. I paid very close attention." #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Prichard: “My opinion is that he does have some paranoia, and I would describe it as cultural paranoia. But I would say it’s mild to moderate. It’s also not that uncommon, particularly among African American males.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Prichard: “There’s no indication that the paranoia is at the psychotic end of that spectrum.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Prichard: “He has these personality dynamics that cause some trouble for him when he’s trying to get along in the world.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Prichard: “His interaction in the community wasn’t bad. He was doing in fine in some ways. But there are some things in his personality that, if we trace it backwards, showed up throughout his life.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Prichard: “I see a lot of the narcissism and hear a lot of the narcissism when I hear Mr. Loyd speak. We’re talking about someone who’s very self-centered. They have a very high opinion of themselves.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Jeff Allen‏Verified account @News13JeffAllen 46m46 minutes ago
    Dr. Prichard says when he talked to #MarkeithLoyd he didn't recognize any sign of a psychotic disorder. This goes against what three doctors who Loyd's defense team had testify earlier today - who said Loyd was psychotic. #News13Orange @MyNews13

Jeff Allen‏Verified account @News13JeffAllen 38m38 minutes ago
    Dr. Prichard says in his professional opinion, he believes #MarkeithLoyd's paranoia is cultural, that he doesn't have a mental disorder - and that Loyd is narcissistic. #News13Orange @MyNews13

BUF likes this.
  8. YESorNO

.@TerryLenamon: “What you do is you ride the coattails of prosecutors and go around trying to give people the death penalty 70 percent of the time, if not more."
    Prichard: "No that’s an extreme mischaracterization.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 56m56 minutes ago
    .@TerryLenamon: “In this particular case, you were hired by the state, correct?"
    Prichard: "Yes."
    Lenamon: "And your value to the state is giving them something good so they’ll hire you again?"
    Prichard: "My value is giving them honest answers.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 48m48 minutes ago
    The state has rested its rebuttal case. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 49m49 minutes ago
    The state rests its rebuttal witnesses. That's it for testimony in Markeith Loyd's penalty phase.

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 47m47 minutes ago
    #LoydTrial // State has rested rebuttal which means we can either go to closings now and jury gets it tonight -- or we do closings in the morning..... STANDBY. @news6wkmg

Nadeen Yanes‏Verified account @NadeenNews6 45m45 minutes ago
    #LoydTrial / Judge Marques: "Realistically speaking, it would be 6 o'clock before we will get this case to you....I'm making the decision we are going to send you back to the hotel today." @news6wkmg
    Closings tomorrow morning at 9am. @news6wkmg

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 14m14 minutes ago
    Closing arguments will be tomorrow morning at 9am. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

BUF likes this.
  9. YESorNO

Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 44m44 minutes ago
    15 minute break and the attorneys will be back to debate jury instructions and verdict forms for the penalty phase deliberations. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Jeff Allen‏Verified account @News13JeffAllen 2m2 minutes ago
    #MarkeithLoyd left the courtroom - says he doesn't want to be there while attorneys and the judge work on instructions for the jury for when they begin considering tomorrow whether he should get life in prison or the death penalty. #News13Orange @MyNews13

BUF likes this.
  10. YESorNO

Prosecutor Here Is Someone Out On Parole, Told Not To Violate The Law Yet Kills Somebody

Oct 22, 2019

---

Legal Analyst If Defense Doesn't Care Or Show Emotion Toward Their Client, Then Jurors Don't Care

Oct 22, 2019

BUF likes this.
  11. YESorNO

Markeith Loyd Penalty Phase Day 2 - Dr Joseph Sesta - Neuropsychologist & Dr James Campbell - Psychologist

Oct 22, 2019

---

Markeith Loyd Penalty Phase Day 2 - Dr James Campbell - Psychologist Part 2

Oct 22, 2019

---

Markeith Loyd Penalty Phase Day 2 - Shanika Bush - Defendant's Cousin & Dr Michael Maher - Psychiatrist

Oct 22, 2019

BUF likes this.
  12. YESorNO

cannizzaro wilson‏ @MRCANNIZZARO23 18m18 minutes ago
    LIVE UPDATES: Markeith Loyd's daughter says her father showed her love https://www.wftv.com/news/local/live-updates-doctor-testifies-markeith-loyd-had-a-lot-of-head-injuries/1000110289 … via @WFTV

Markeith Loyd's daughter says her father showed her love

October 22, 2019

"...This trial is for Dixon's death only. A jury must decide whether to recommend the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole

3:29 p.m.

The state has rested its rebuttal case. Closing arguments are slated to begin Wednesday morning at 9 a.m.

3:18 p.m...."

LIVE UPDATES: Markeith Loyd's daughter says her father showed her love

BUF likes this.
  13. YESorNO

‘Delusions of persecution’: Doctors testify about Markeith Loyd’s mental health

October 22, 2019

"...The first defense witness called Tuesday was Loyd’s childhood friend Cornelius McRee, who said he didn't go to school as a child because he didn't like the clothes his mom got for him, but he testified that Loyd brought him clothes to wear.

Dr. Joseph Sesta, a neural psychologist who examined Loyd, said Loyd told him he feels like people were targeting him like he was a character in "The Matrix."

Sesta testified that Loyd suffers from a psychotic thought disorder,” and that Loyd tested off the charts for thoughts of persecution, and that people were out to hurt him for no good reason.

The final witness called in the penalty phase was Markeith Loyd’s daughter, who said Loyd was a great dad and she "always thought my dad was rich.""

This Day in History: Lance Armstrong formally stripped of Tour de France titles

14. YESorNO

WATCH: Attorney Robert Fisher on Markeith Loyd's testimony

October 22, 2019

"Orlando attorney Robert Fisher offers his analysis on the Markeith Loyd murder trial in the death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon."

Attorney Robert Fisher on Markeith Loyd's testimony
    ---

WATCH: Attorney Robert Fisher offers analysis on Markeith Loyd jury deliberations

October 22, 2019

"Orlando attorney Robert Fisher offers his analysis on the Markeith Loyd murder trial in the death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon."

Attorney Robert Fisher offers analysis on Markeith Loyd jury deliberations

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  15. YESorNO

Markeith Loyd Penalty Phase Day 2 - Charge Conference

Oct 22, 2019

16. YESorNO

The Daily Debrief: Defense Is Putting Everyone Out There In An Attempt To Save The Defendant's Life

Oct 22, 2019

---

Linda Kenney Baden Discusses The Importance Of A Dr Being Board Certified

Oct 22, 2019

---

Forensic Pathologist Says Board Certification Shows Mastery In A Given Field

Oct 22, 2019

BUF likes this.
  17. Weki

Weki Well-Known Member

Looks like our King is not happy with the jury. He's elected to go back to the jail and not be present for the penalty verdict or the sentencing. LOL. Just like a control freak! I don't think they'll come back with death anyway. And his atty all but conceded that he was guilty of murder in his closing. I wasn't expecting that!

Wishbone likes this.
  18. YESorNO

Spectrum News Asher Wildman‏ @AsherWildman13 4h4 hours ago
    #MarkeithLoyd trial will resume around 9A. We are now in the penalty phase of the trial & closing arguments are this morning. Jury must be unanimous in suggesting a death sentence, otherwise he will get life in prison without parole. @MyNews13 #News13Orange

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 3h3 hours ago
    #MarkeithLoyd - Watch Live: Closing arguments begin at 9 a.m. in the penalty phase. Loyd faces the possibility of the death penalty for the murder of pregnant ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon and her unborn child. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/markeith-loyd/watch-live-markeith-loyd-penalty-phase-in-murder-of-pregnant-ex-girlfriend-sade-dixon/ …

Closing arguments are about to begin in the penalty phase of Markeith Loyd's first murder trial. Everyone is assembled in the courtroom. We're waiting for the judge to take the bench. #WFTV

Loyd faces either life in prison without parole or the death penalty for killing his ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon and her unborn baby. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

The judge has taken the bench. Neither side wants to make any additional changes to the penalty phase jury instructions. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

The jury is coming in. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Spectrum News Asher Wildman‏ @AsherWildman13 2h2 hours ago
    Court is now back in session for #MarkeithLoyd. Judge is getting ready to review final instructions for the penalty phase with the jury. Members of both the Dixon and Loyd family are present in the courtroom this morning. @MyNews13 #News13Orange

Judge Leticia Marques now reading the first part of the jury instructions. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

19. YESorNO

Judge Marques is pausing on the jury instructions. ASA Ric Ridgway beginning his closing argument for the state. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway: “I want us to remember why we’re here. We’re here because of the events that happened on that front porch the night of December 13, 2016.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway: “We’re here because this person died at the hands of Markeith Loyd. And the child she carried died with her.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway: “We’re here because of the decisions Markeith Loyd made, the actions he took and the results of those actions.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway is going through the aggravating factors that have been alleged, the first of which is Loyd having been on probation when he killed Dixon and her unborn baby. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

The next is Loyd having been previously convicted of a violent felony, specifically, battery on a law enforcement officer. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Erik Sandoval‏Verified account @ErikSandoval 2h2 hours ago
    Prosecutors laying out their case for #deathpenalty in Markeith Loyd murder trial #LoydTrial @news6wkmg

[​IMG]

Orlando Sentinel‏Verified account @orlandosentinel 2h2 hours ago
    Watch now: Markeith Loyd trial: Jurors to hear closing arguments before deciding killer’s fate http://bit.ly/2W4PpXl

20. YESorNO

Ridgway says the jurors can also consider all of Loyd's crimes in this case: “While all of those combined only constitute one factor, the sheer weight of all those crimes combined shows the importance of this aggravating factor.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway references Loyd's family and friends in the courtroom: “You’ve got to have some sympathy for them. It would be wrong if you didn’t. But the judge is going to tell you that you have to set that aside.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway has turned now to the defense's claim that mental health issues are a mitigating factor for Loyd. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Ridgway: “Most importantly, [the defense psychologist] didn’t relate it to the crime. He didn’t say to what extent any of that has to do with the crime for which the defendant has been convicted.” #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 2h2 hours ago
    Ridgway says doctors claimed Markeith Loyd had a "delusional disorder" but they never said what the delusion was. "He didn’t say to what extent any of this had to do with the crime the defendant has been convicted," Ridgway said.

Erik Sandoval‏Verified account @ErikSandoval 2h2 hours ago
    Prosecutors trying to dispel any notion that mental illness, #PTSD played a role in Markeith Loyd's decision-making. @news6wkmg

Loyd just had his first outburst that I can recall happening in front of the jury. Ridgway was talking about questionable findings regarding mental health in Loyd's family, specifically relating to his mother. Loyd briefly and unintelligibly ranted about that. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

.@TerryLenamon quickly silenced Loyd, who is now sitting silently again. #WFTV #MarkeithLoyd

Spectrum News Asher Wildman‏ @AsherWildman13 2h2 hours ago
    During the state's closing argument in the penalty phase of the #MarkeithLoyd trial, Loyd blurted something out. Judge told him to be quiet. He kept mumbling under his breath, and his defense team had to get control of him to remain quiet. @MyNews13 #News13Orange