FL FL - Sandra Prince, 59, Temple Terrace, Dec 2005

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/31/Hillsborough/With_boss_still_missi.shtml

October 31, 2007

He still tidies her yard, waters her ginger plants, removes the leaves from her gutters. These deeds bring him no joy anymore, but he trusts no one else to do them.

Inside her empty house hangs a painting immortalizing a friendship that began just this way, with him caring for her property.

David Jarrett remembers the day Sandra Prince asked him to be in the portrait, now a subject of great interest for police: "You're as much a part of the garden as the flowers themselves," she told him.

Gardener Jarrett spoke in detail for the first time Tuesday about his relationship with the social worker who disappeared near New Year's Day 2006 at age 59.

much, much more at link, including a photo of the the painting

P.O.I. Earl Pippin:

When police in September 2006 named Pippin a "person of interest" in Prince's disappearance, they saw several oddities, according to the search warrant.

On Jan. 3, 2006, Jarrett, Prince's neighbor Nancy Sackville and Pippin were all at Prince's house when they decided to call police about their missing friend, according to court documents.

Pippin, married for 20 years at the time, left the house before police arrived, records show.

Pippin, a Tampa contractor, told Jarrett he needed to take his son to a doctor's appointment, according to court records. He told police he went to ACTS, the Temple Terrace drug treatment center Prince helped found, to see if one of her co-workers, Richard Brown, knew where she was.

In a police interview four months later, Pippin said, "I went to, to, to her office, talked to Richard." Next, he said, he went to a job site at either San Pedro Street or Pearl Avenue, both in South Tampa.

Construction at both of those sites had been completed by then, according to records cited by police. Pippin did not mention, however, his job site at 3908 W Vasconia St., also in South Tampa, where a concrete slab was poured in January.

After Pippin left Prince's house, his cell phone hit off towers near Interstate 275 and Rome Avenue, then at Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway and Himes Avenue, indicating he was traveling toward South Tampa, police wrote. Cell phone records show that Pippin called ACTS twice during this time, once for 47 seconds and once for just over two minutes, police said.

Police this week concluded five days of digging beneath 3908 W Vasconia St. in a search for Prince's remains. Now, University of South Florida archaeologists are sorting through 295 pounds of dirt seeking any evidence of Prince.

Other findings released in the Vasconia Street search warrant:

-When shown surveillance video of a man taking $800 in four withdrawals from Prince's ATM accounts, Pippin told police the man looked like him. "Do you wear that?" a police interrogator asked him, referring to the mask over the subject's head. According to police, Pippin responded with, "What am I wearing?"

-Prince's blood was found on her garage floor, around and in the trunk of her car, and on the overhead garage door. Investigators found evidence that her bedroom floor had been cleaned, as had the garage door.

-On Nov. 17, 2006, police found a glass vase with a yellow ribbon on it at the Vasconia Street house. Inside the vase was a plant called the ti plant. Also called the "good luck" plant, it is abundant in Prince's garden. A fingerprint on the vase belonged to Pippin.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/02/Hillsborough/Missing_woman_s_garde.shtml

Nov 2, 2007

David Jarrett has been dismissed from his duties gardening for Sandra Prince.

Jarrett, Prince's gardener for years before she disappeared around New Year's Day 2006 at age 59, received a letter Wednesday stating that his services were no longer needed.

Douglas B. Stalley, conservator for Prince's estate, dated and postmarked the letter Oct. 30 - a day before the St. Petersburg Times published the first in-depth interview with Jarrett since Prince vanished.

more at link

Temple Terrace police have obtained a second search warrant for a South Tampa home built by the boyfriend of Sandra Hamby Prince.

Prince, a social worker, was reported missing in January 2006.

Detectives are on scene looking for evidence, including Prince's body, and police expect digging will be necessary at the home at 3908 W. Vasconia St., police spokesman Mike Dunn said.

"They're doing some work inside the house," Dunn said about 11 a.m.
The search warrant, obtained Wednesday afternoon, covers the entire property, Dunn said.

http://southtampa2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/10/search-woman-resumes-home-boyfriend-built/?news

blished: January 12, 2008
TAMPA - For the second day in a row and the second time in three months, Temple Terrace police searched a South Tampa home Friday for evidence in the disappearance of a social worker.
Sandra Hamby Prince was 59 when she was reported missing in January 2006. Blood found in the trunk of her car and in the bedroom of her Temple Terrace home has led police to think she was killed, according to an initial search warrant filed last year.
On Friday, a crime scene unit from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and homicide detectives from the Tampa Police Department joined Temple Terrace investigators inside a Tampa house at 3908 W. Vasconia St., where Temple Terrace police excavated the backyard in October.
Temple Terrace police spokesman Mike Dunn said results from the October search gave police probable cause to obtain another search warrant for the property Wednesday.
The house was being built by Prince's boyfriend, Earl Pippin III, at the time she disappeared. Pippin, a general contractor who was married when he had a relationship with Prince, is the sole beneficiary of her $3.6 million estate, police said.
His attorney, Paul Sisco, has said there is no evidence linking Pippin to Prince's disappearance.
Dunn said detectives are "searching for any kind of evidence they can locate, inside and outside."
He did not know how long the search would last. Investigators intended to resume the search today http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/ja...-of-woman-carries-into-weekend/?news-breaking

This Pippin sounds guilty as all h#ll!! I could see an extremely possessive individual misconstruing a painting and journals, Sandra had with her good friend and gardener.

http://northeast2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/24/temple-terrace-fix-home-searched-prince-case/

Prince was reported missing in January 2006. At the time of her disappearance, the home at 3908 W. Vasconia Street was being built by contractor Earl Pippin III, Prince's boyfriend, and police have focused on him since the start of the investigation. A concrete slab was poured for the home when Prince disappeared.

In October and again this month, investigators dug for Prince's remains at McLeod's South Tampa property. Remains weren't found in the search that began Jan. 10 and stopped Tuesday, but new investigative leads were developed during the execution of the search warrant and are being pursued by detectives, police spokesman Michael Dunn said. He wouldn't elaborate.

A lot more at the link, talking about the police fixing the house after the dig, the dig stigmatizing the property, etc.

THE STORY OF 4 HOMES IN THE SANDRA PRINCE MYSTERY IN TEMPLE TERRACE

TAMPA — As the Sandra Prince Samaritan Home was dedicated, the missing Temple Terrace woman’s Moffat Place home escaped foreclosure last week as the Temple Terrace Police Department still continues an active homicide investigation two and a half years after she was last seen.

http://cnewspubs.com/beacon/modules/articles/article.php?id=223

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/story.aspx?storyid=165956&provider=top

Venice, Florida -- Five years ago Monday, Sandra Prince, a social worker from Temple Terrace, was reported missing from her home.
What happened to the 59-year-old and where she may be remains a mystery.
About a dozen of her closest friends, going back to their days at Florida State University in the 1970's, gathered a home in Venice on Sunday.
"Just talking about her, reminiscing about old times, and just never giving up hope," said one of her friends, Susan Horton.
Investigators believe Prince was murdered, but her body hasn't been found and no one has been arrested.
At this point, friends just want answers.
"I don't believe that she's alive. I really don't. I think her life was taken at that time," said longtime friend Jerry Horton.
Prince's boyfriend, Earl Pippin, has long been labeled as a person of interest by Temple Terrace police.
In 2007, detectives searched a South Tampa home they say he built around the same time she vanished.
"That was the last tangible evidence where hope was really very bright," Susan Horton said.
Five years later, friends continue to seek the one clue that could put the puzzle together.
"We believe that someone knows something," Susan said.
Pippin did not respond to attempts to reach him.
Friends of Prince say they've talked with Temple Terrace police in the last few days, who tell them the case is still open and actively being worked on.

Are there any Sleuthers from the Tampa area who would be interested in working on this case?

According to Real Estate Documents, it looks like one of the rental properties that Mrs. Prince owned was on "8111 Greenwood Ave." about 5 minutes Southwest of her home.

There is no mention of any of her rental units or the VERY nearby rivers being searched.

Indeed, the home on greenwood Ave (in recent google map images) is all boarded up and if you follow Greenwood Ave past the house.... it dead ends in a heavy wooded place in a fork of the Hillsborough river.

It would be worth the rewards and the satisfaction of solving this case - to put some boots on the ground in that area.

I sent an email to the local PD to ask them about the rental property and the location near a wooded area.

The person who received my email has my contact information and they said that they will forward my questions and findings to the appropriate officers. I'll let everyone know what they say.

Thanks.

Are there any Sleuthers from the Tampa area who would be interested in working on this case?

According to Real Estate Documents, it looks like one of the rental properties that Mrs. Prince owned was on "8111 Greenwood Ave." about 5 minutes Southwest of her home.

There is no mention of any of her rental units or the VERY nearby rivers being searched.

Indeed, the home on greenwood Ave (in recent google map images) is all boarded up and if you follow Greenwood Ave past the house.... it dead ends in a heavy wooded place in a fork of the Hillsborough river.

It would be worth the rewards and the satisfaction of solving this case - to put some boots on the ground in that area.

I received a reply from the Temple Terrace PD - reference my tip.

"Temple Terrace Police Department 11:05am Oct 1

I was told from Sgt. Lowell to pass on our thanks and that the lead you gave has already been investigated."

I appreciate their efforts to find this poor woman. There are so many unanswered questions, I'm finding it hard to trust that those who are investigating these cases are not missing anything. NOT that they are missing anything. I'm only sharing some frustration.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...83.804601!3d27.698638!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1

If you look southwest of the Greenwood Ave location on this map you will see a Rowlett Park Dr and Sligh Ave. There's a railroad track there and today they found skeletal remains near that intersection. Interesting it's right in the same map view you mentioned. Just across the river. The first person I thought of was Sandra Prince and then I saw your post. Just wanted to point out how close we both are looking. Eerie huh?

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/police-tampa-homeless-man-finds-apparent-human-bones-20131223/

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/possible-human-bones-found-near-railroad-tracks-in-tampa

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...83.804601!3d27.698638!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1

If you look southwest of the Greenwood Ave location on this map you will see a Rowlett Park Dr and Sligh Ave. There's a railroad track there and today they found skeletal remains near that intersection. Interesting it's right in the same map view you mentioned. Just across the river. The first person I thought of was Sandra Prince and then I saw your post. Just wanted to point out how close we both are looking. Eerie huh?

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/police-tampa-homeless-man-finds-apparent-human-bones-20131223/

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/possible-human-bones-found-near-railroad-tracks-in-tampa

Wow.

That is very Eerie indeed.

Even if it turns out to be the body of someone else - I hope it results in a more thorough search of the area for any other possible remains.

Thanks for the links!

I worked with Ms. Prince for a short period of time. She was nice, super smart, and truly cared about her work. I still hope that the truth about what happened to her will come out and those responsible will pay for what they've done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back