FL FL - Sarah Blanton, 17, Ocala, walked away from a DV shelter, 3 Feb 2021

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Teen missing from Ocala, possibly with adult boyfriend in Belleview area | WGFL (mycbs4.com)

Sarah Blanton.png

Ocala police are searching for a missing 17-year-old girl.
  • Sarah Blanton was last seen on Feb. 3 when she walked away from a DV shelter.
  • She was staying there until her mother could pick her up from out of state.
  • Sarah is believed to be in the Belleview area and may be in the company of her boyfriend, 20-year-old Jason Alstolfi. Alstolfi has denied knowing of her whereabouts.
  • Sarah was last seen wearing the clothing pictured above.
  • She is 5'4, weighs 120 lbs. and has red hair.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Detective Coughlin at (352) 369-7107 or Crime Stoppers of Marion County at (352) 368-STOP.

Ocala Police Department | Facebook
153676219_4265958806749091_7730537276115131409_o.png

Wonder how long she had been staying at the shelter and what her living arrangements were prior to this. She's 17, so still a minor.....which leads me to wonder why her mother would have to come from out of state in order to pick her up? No one local to her that is responsible for her?

Wonder how long she had been staying at the shelter and what her living arrangements were prior to this. She's 17, so still a minor.....which leads me to wonder why her mother would have to come from out of state in order to pick her up? No one local to her that is responsible for her?

I wonder what the situation was. I wonder if she went out of state to be away from her abuser. Or if she was staying with the boyfriend who was out of state. I remember in high school a girl I was friends with literally randomly moved to another state with an older bf and got her GED and no one questioned it. So strange in hindsight.

I'm in Ocala and there is a large transient population down here. All of the truck stops have people outside busking 24/7. If they're still here, they may not be that hard to find. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out!

I'm in Ocala and there is a large transient population down here. All of the truck stops have people outside busking 24/7. If they're still here, they may not be that hard to find. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out!
Are you hearing anything on your local news, azure? I can't seem to find any updates on Sarah. MOO

Are you hearing anything on your local news, azure? I can't seem to find any updates on Sarah. MOO
I actually don't have TV service, I'm not home enough ATM, but I scoured the internet for both her and the BFs name and can find nothing. I think it was a mistake on somebody's part putting a minor into a DV shelter while waiting for a parent to pick her up. Surely a situation where she was more closely monitored would have been safer for her, especially if she was a DV victim.

A minor really shouldn't be in a DV shelter IMO. That really is for abused adults. Sarah was 17, so legally a child....and if a minor is getting abused, then that's another matter with different laws, and LE and social services should have dealt with this case better.

A minor really shouldn't be in a DV shelter IMO. That really is for abused adults. Sarah was 17, so legally a child....and if a minor is getting abused, then that's another matter with different laws, and LE and social services should have dealt with this case better.
We have lots of teen survivors in DV shelters in Seattle. It happens all the time.

it sounds to me like she left home w this adult bf and was a victim of dv, possibly by older bf. mom was contacted to pick her up and she left, possibly to older bf. When she ran away last year she was thought to be headed from CO to Fort Myers, FL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back