FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

SB does not come across as a battered woman, imo.
She can't even answer the question of why she didn't let him out. Good grief! Then eventually says she is blaming it on the wine. No remorse! None! :(

SB: Last time I had a panic attack.
LE: Let them know that. ;)

SB is on her 7th attorney. Love the ending of video.

Thank you @Trebor5591 for posting video.

Edited: added comments
If her being on her 7th attorney doesn’t tell everyone everything about her… IMO.

I can't believe she wants to stay in a county lockup forever. Nor do I think she has to worry about receiving the death penalty, since the tapes show she was heavily intoxicated, which would probably mitigate against her receiving the death penalty. I think her best bet is to plead guilty and move to a more livable state prison--although the prisons in Florida can be dangerous in themselves--still better than a county jail by far, in my opinion.

But maybe this damaged woman actually believes she has a chance at acquittal? Crazy to think she does, after seeing those horrific videos she took of Jorge zipped up in the suitcase, pleading for his life, and her drunkenly cursing and taunting him as he slowly asphyxiated. She will never be acquitted, in my opinion.
Sounds like SB plans to drag Jorge's name through the mud. She plans to play the victim. Imo

Sounds like SB plans to drag Jorge's name through the mud. She plans to play the victim. Imo
In my opinion, and from what I have seen of his criminal record (referring to his DV arrests and references to his criminal past in the police interview tapes) Jorge was no angel, but nobody deserves to die as he did, zipped up in a suitcase--the stuff of nightmare's! In my opinion.

Re: Law & Crime: Man Dies While Begging for Help After Girlfriend Allegedly Locked Him in a Suitcase (video)

In no way do I support domestic violence. This murder was the most heartless and sadistic I’ve ever seen (along with LB). Watching the video and to hear her use of profanity, drunk words and laughter as Jorge is crying out for help as he is dying was so very painful to watch. In my mind I wanted to run to the luggage and set him free, but it was too late for that as well as not realistic. moo :( All around extremely sad.

At her hearing Friday, her lawyer, Frank Bankowitz, asked the judge to delay the trial because he is trying to find an expert on spousal abuse, but cannot find one willing to work for the pay authorized by the state.

“To be honest with you, this case has had so much notoriety that people don’t want to be involved,” Bankowitz said.

The judge agreed to move the trial to July at the earliest.

In my opinion, and from what I have seen of his criminal record (referring to his DV arrests and references to his criminal past in the police interview tapes) Jorge was no angel, but nobody deserves to die as he did, zipped up in a suitcase--the stuff of nightmare's! In my opinion.
It was not her place to be judge, jury, executioner. With situations like this, one has to separate the victim from the life they led.

I think there could be an argument to be made that a lot of people are not aware of positional asphyxia and might assume a night squashed in a uncomfortable position would merely be very very uncomfortable.

Or there would have been if he clearly heard begging to be let out because he couldn't breathe.

This woman has something not right upstairs if she wants to go to trial having seen that video in the cold and sober light of day. I'm sure her lawyer has told her the same. No rational person could think that there was a way to get off a murder charge with evidence that damning. IMO

I think there could be an argument to be made that a lot of people are not aware of positional asphyxia and might assume a night squashed in a uncomfortable position would merely be very very uncomfortable.

Or there would have been if he clearly heard begging to be let out because he couldn't breathe.

This woman has something not right upstairs if she wants to go to trial having seen that video in the cold and sober light of day. I'm sure her lawyer has told her the same. No rational person could think that there was a way to get off a murder charge with evidence that damning. IMO
I think that’s why she’s on her 7th attorney…

Defense asked for and received a continuance. The new(est) court date is July 24th. Looks like this will be a domestic violence defense.

I watched the pretrial conference yesterday. I may have to give up on this case. I doubt if it even happens on July 24th. I think I'll set my sights on finding a boyfriend instead. There are some obstacles that I have to beat first. Maybe I'll be preoccupied in July!

I watched the pretrial conference yesterday. I may have to give up on this case. I doubt if it even happens on July 24th. I think I'll set my sights on finding a boyfriend instead. There are some obstacles that I have to beat first. Maybe I'll be preoccupied in July!
Best part of conference:

Judge Wooten not thrilled with attorney’s comment “come hell or high water."
Wooten said, I try not to say things like that, cause I feel like I'm tempting fate.
Attorney: Judge, its Lake county, what do you expect?
Wooten: having never worked there it means nothing to me.

Moo,imo

In my opinion the reason this keeps getting delayed, she keeps changing attorneys and the attorneys are keeping her away from conferences and hearings is that she continues to display completely narcissistic thinking patterns. I'm not trying to diagnose a clinical mental illness I just, subjectively, observe some that lead me to suspect she truly believes that if she could just make the judge understand that it was only a game they were playing that went wrong she would be let go.

There's been some wondering about how the cell phone video of him in the suitcase came into evidence so quickly. I would be willing to bet that she herself offered up that video in her own defense ie "Look, we were just playing around and he was alive when I went to bed!"

To begin with, I thought this was a substance abuse issue and I think perhaps her first (few?) attorneys may have thought that too - that after she dried out in lockup for a few weeks that she might become more capable of understanding that the argument she wants to make in her defense is still that she is guilty of, at best, second degree manslaughter and probably first degree. I haven't looked at the way those laws are arranged in Florida and I think it's pretty obvious Sarah hasn't either.

God only knows how long it will take if ever to find a medical expert willing to be paid scale to work with this woman enough to determine if her continued irrational thinking is a result of spousal abuse and to testify as such with her actively resisting.

It seems to me that what she wants is to go to trial for murder and then establish that what happened doesn't meet the legal definition of murder but that would require for her to very carefully testify with an understanding of the law - which it seems she isn't willing to do.

I predict what will ultimately happen is that she'll be tried for first degree manslaughter or it's equivalent, she will look extremely bad on the stand and be sentenced to the maximum penalty for that offense plus some assorted other tacked on charges. Maybe she will gain the perspective to regret her actions in prison but I don't think she's going to by her trial. Maybe though, if it keeps getting indefinitely continued.

In my opinion the reason this keeps getting delayed, she keeps changing attorneys and the attorneys are keeping her away from conferences and hearings is that she continues to display completely narcissistic thinking patterns. I'm not trying to diagnose a clinical mental illness I just, subjectively, observe some that lead me to suspect she truly believes that if she could just make the judge understand that it was only a game they were playing that went wrong she would be let go.

There's been some wondering about how the cell phone video of him in the suitcase came into evidence so quickly. I would be willing to bet that she herself offered up that video in her own defense ie "Look, we were just playing around and he was alive when I went to bed!"

To begin with, I thought this was a substance abuse issue and I think perhaps her first (few?) attorneys may have thought that too - that after she dried out in lockup for a few weeks that she might become more capable of understanding that the argument she wants to make in her defense is still that she is guilty of, at best, second degree manslaughter and probably first degree. I haven't looked at the way those laws are arranged in Florida and I think it's pretty obvious Sarah hasn't either.

God only knows how long it will take if ever to find a medical expert willing to be paid scale to work with this woman enough to determine if her continued irrational thinking is a result of spousal abuse and to testify as such with her actively resisting.

It seems to me that what she wants is to go to trial for murder and then establish that what happened doesn't meet the legal definition of murder but that would require for her to very carefully testify with an understanding of the law - which it seems she isn't willing to do.

I predict what will ultimately happen is that she'll be tried for first degree manslaughter or it's equivalent, she will look extremely bad on the stand and be sentenced to the maximum penalty for that offense plus some assorted other tacked on charges. Maybe she will gain the perspective to regret her actions in prison but I don't think she's going to by her trial. Maybe though, if it keeps getting indefinitely continued.
She didn't remember doing the videos and they are incriminating. Check out her interrogation.

I agree with your ideas. I'm no lawyer but fairly sure an attorney can't work for a client who won't take best advice. If SB is being offered plea deals - and I imagine some could be very lenient indeed bearing in mind what appeared to be her substance / alcohol addiction and associated poor mental health or cognition - but refuses to negotiate because she wants to walk free (and no doubt compensated for her time 'wrongfully detained'), then how can anyone represent her?

I imagine she will have been psych evaluated and will have long term sobriety. I had thought that this could establish past struggles that work in her favour but if she's going to staunchly refuse to see her part and argue points of law with those who are better qualified, then that would start to edge her into the realms of more sinister personality disorder. The sort that could indicate a callous disregard for human life and taking pleasure in making someone suffer whilst also refusing to see the harm caused. Obviously we have no evidence of this and it's just my speculation and ideas. JMO MOO

I agree with your ideas. I'm no lawyer but fairly sure an attorney can't work for a client who won't take best advice. If SB is being offered plea deals - and I imagine some could be very lenient indeed bearing in mind what appeared to be her substance / alcohol addiction and associated poor mental health or cognition - but refuses to negotiate because she wants to walk free (and no doubt compensated for her time 'wrongfully detained'), then how can anyone represent her?

I imagine she will have been psych evaluated and will have long term sobriety. I had thought that this could establish past struggles that work in her favour but if she's going to staunchly refuse to see her part and argue points of law with those who are better qualified, then that would start to edge her into the realms of more sinister personality disorder. The sort that could indicate a callous disregard for human life and taking pleasure in making someone suffer whilst also refusing to see the harm caused. Obviously we have no evidence of this and it's just my speculation and ideas. JMO MOO
I agree completely. This may be one of the rare cases where a perpetrator turns out to actually be considerably more of a menace than I initially estimated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back